Sign in to follow this  
shmitty

Red Objective with Konstantine?

After seeing how poorly Konstantine did during the regionals season I want to give him a try.  I've had a few different fleet ideas, but nothing solid yet.  What I can't figure out is what would be a strong Red Objective with his ability.

What red do you think could be made to work well with his ability?

Exact same page here man. Here's where I'm at with it right now, but I'm not happy with it yet:

Tricksy (396/400)
================
Interdictor Suppression Refit (90 + 35)
    + Admiral Konstantine (23)
    + G7-X Grav Well Projector (2)
    + Grav Shift Reroute (2)
    + Engine Techs (8)
Interdictor Suppression Refit (90 + 21)
    + G7-X Grav Well Projector (2)
    + G-8 Experimental Projector (8)
    + Engine Techs (8)
    + Interdictor (3)
Gladiator I-class Star Destroyer (56 + 29)
    + Ordnance Experts (4)
    + Engine Techs (8)
    + Assault Concussion Missiles (7)
    + Demolisher (10)
Raider I-class Corvette (44 + 11)
    + Ordnance Experts (4)
    + Flechette Torpedoes (3)
    + Instigator (4)
"Whisper" (20)
Station Assault
Navigational Hazards
Contested Outpost

6 minutes ago, shmitty said:

After seeing how poorly Konstantine did during the regionals season I want to give him a try.  I've had a few different fleet ideas, but nothing solid yet.  What I can't figure out is what would be a strong Red Objective with his ability.

What red do you think could be made to work well with his ability?

Advanced Gunnery is the one I'm using in my Konstantine fleet. (2ISD1 with Tractors/OE/XI7, 2 Slicer Gozantis, 2xTie/D, 2xTie/Int)

AG I would say. You will have medium/large ships so you should capitalize on that. Pretty boring, but you can scare your opponent into taking your yellow or blue where the speed control will have more impact.

Or you could try something totally out of the box. Targetting Beacons, Interdictor with G-8, and a Lambda. Use Konstantine and G-8 to slow your target and then throw the beacon at it. It works best with Arqs IMO. 2 red rerolls on top of your turbo slot is fun. 

9 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Double G7s and no way to capitalise on it at all...

...  such opportunity Squandered :D

I guess, if you don't count stiff-arming station attackers, the contested outpost, or forcing the other guy into the cloud of asteroids on Nav Hazards. :)

Yeah, I came into this trying to find a good way to replicate your nose-puncher, but I just can't settle on an implementation I like.

Edited by Ardaedhel

I was toying with Precision Strike and a cloud of generic bombers.  Speed a ship and force it into the bombers, then slow it down so it can't leave.

But I can see Station Assault working pretty well.  Grav Shift the stations away from the opponent and make it a slog to get there.

Edited by shmitty

1 minute ago, Ardaedhel said:

I guess, if you don't count stiff-arming station attackers, the contested outpost, or forcing the other guy into the cloud of asteroids on Nav Hazards. :)

Yeah, I came into this trying to find a good way to replicate your nose-puncher, but I just can't settle on an implementation I like.

I'm sure how much I'd like Nav Hazards in that list. The yaw is weak on this Interdictors and being a medium base with ET means they will struggle with not landing on stuff. Have you tried it yet? I've got a weird list that has Chart Officer on 2 Glads and it's fun.

No shame there, either.  I'm struggling to keep it updated in the current age, too...  It was simple to make it 4 Cheap activations and a mini Rhymer ball and do the damage straight off the kick...  But really, its not simple and straightforward.

I mean, I  like the examples given - being able to yank your objectives around, and then leap forward to either barrier or accomplish them on a whim...  So it makes sense, but is the leaping punch really needed at that point - and how can you do it a little cheaper?

2 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

No shame there, either.  I'm struggling to keep it updated in the current age, too...  It was simple to make it 4 Cheap activations and a mini Rhymer ball and do the damage straight off the kick...  But really, its not simple and straightforward.

I mean, I  like the examples given - being able to yank your objectives around, and then leap forward to either barrier or accomplish them on a whim...  So it makes sense, but is the leaping punch really needed at that point - and how can you do it a little cheaper?

5 Decimators and Rhymer. 15 blue dice at speed 0 targets.

I don't think the Decimators are fast enough to make it happen...

In order to get the Slingshot, you need to FC / FCT a group, which means Major Rhymer + 2 Buddies, and those buddies must be at least speed 4 to get range.

Otherwise I'd have done it with Firesprays, instead of TIE Bombers :D

4 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

I'm sure how much I'd like Nav Hazards in that list. The yaw is weak on this Interdictors and being a medium base with ET means they will struggle with not landing on stuff. Have you tried it yet? I've got a weird list that has Chart Officer on 2 Glads and it's fun.

I dunno, I-I with a nav turns into II-I or I-II, which isn't bad for juking. I haven't tried it though: no time for Armada = too many fun ideas and no time to try them out. :( I do like the Chart Officer idea, though... was torn on including them...

Just now, Drasnighta said:

I don't think the Decimators are fast enough to make it happen...

In order to get the Slingshot, you need to FC / FCT a group, which means Major Rhymer + 2 Buddies, and those buddies must be at least speed 4 to get range.

Otherwise I'd have done it with Firesprays, instead of TIE Bombers :D

Oh yea speed 4.... I've done it before too, getting 1st round shots with my Fireball back in October. My favorite thing to do was take the 1st round shots and activate the Firesprays at the end since the ship has to move closer to me and get 4 bomber dice on it with rerolls. It was pretty effective and hard to deal with.

Yes, but then of course, the enemy ship has activated and moved and thus is not at speed 0 and is spending Defense Tokens...  

Which can be useful of itself, yes - but its not a Nose-Punch, and is not utilising the G7-X advantage.

2 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

I dunno, I-I with a nav turns into II-I or I-II, which isn't bad for juking. I haven't tried it though: no time for Armada = too many fun ideas and no time to try them out. :( I do like the Chart Officer idea, though... was torn on including them...

Yea I suppose you will be spamming Navs with ET... You should place the large debris field at range 1 of the front of one and try to get around it. And then move the debris field within 2 to see if you can clear it. Otherwise you may have an opponent who forces where you move. 

The best use I've found with Nav Hazards is disengaging my squads by slipping obstruction in.

I've got him in a Corellian Conflict list, riding an Interdictor and accompanied by two Victory Is and a Gozanti. Mostly I just try to put something valuable in front of one or both Victorys and then slow it down so I can keep pummeling it. Worked really well against someone that tried to go head to head against the Victorys with an ISD and his own Interdictor, although some of that was due to my activation advantage (thanks, naked Gozantis) and my Interdictor crushing his Gladiator with some squadron help. 

I did like Konstantine, though. He was able to get me two rounds of double arc shots on the Gladiator when I would have only had one. If you can keep your fleet in a relatively close formation you can always hit something with him and against a ship that doesn't spam navigates that can be a massive problem. 

I was pondering this exact thing last night!  

I would agree with Ard that Station Assault is the way to go with this.  Make your opponent work for those 80 points - or more likely just get a free 80 points for yourself!

Personally I would take a couple of Lambdas and add some Strategic shenanigans...for some Fire Lanes and/or Sensor Net fun...

10 minutes ago, Maturin said:

I was pondering this exact thing last night!  

I would agree with Ard that Station Assault is the way to go with this.  Make your opponent work for those 80 points - or more likely just get a free 80 points for yourself!

Personally I would take a couple of Lambdas and add some Strategic shenanigans...for some Fire Lanes and/or Sensor Net fun...

Considered that too, but I just feel like there's not a lot of cross-synergy there. Strategic objective shenanigans and Interdictor objective shenanigans are 1) different objectives, and 2) require different things in the fleet. It's not necessarily a bad way to diversify your fleet, but I also don't think you're picking much up by going that direction either.

Though locking somebody in place under the PIC tokens or on top of the fire lanes tokens would be hilarious.

33 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

Considered that too, but I just feel like there's not a lot of cross-synergy there. Strategic objective shenanigans and Interdictor objective shenanigans are 1) different objectives, and 2) require different things in the fleet. It's not necessarily a bad way to diversify your fleet, but I also don't think you're picking much up by going that direction either.

Though locking somebody in place under the PIC tokens or on top of the fire lanes tokens would be hilarious.

Au contraire, mon frere!  I believe that Interdictor shenanigans give you the flexibility to support either play style - all you need are a couple of lambdas thrown in the mix.  Grav well lets you steal away those fire lanes tokens unopposed, and the Interdictor is able to mount FCT's for sensor lane trickeries.  In either case the Grav wells will encourage an opponent to deploy away from your precious tokens, or give you time to move them to safety.

There isn't a great red objective for Strategic shenanigans, so I think Station Assault is also the way to go...

I'll be trying this out in my next few games...