Sign in to follow this  
Gottmituns205

How to 'Dictor

16 hours ago, Deathseed said:

I would counter that. My Dictors (I have one in both my CC fleets) have been solid, reliable damage dealers. They're just maneuverable enough to double arc fairly reliably, their blue dice and High-Capacity Ion Turbines give them reliable damage output, and Engine Techs helps them get into the position you want (and offset their low base speed). Couple that with their high engineering, and scramblers + Tua + ECM or RBD, and they have surprising durability. They are all about toughing it out in a fight and being reliable DPS over being high-spike DPS.

I've not be disappointed by the performance of mine.

I've mentioned before, my last battle my ICR destroyed an MC-30 (after taking a truly ridiculous 8-9 dice volley from the 30 right in the teeth) and maimed a AFMKII while tanking shots from the MC30, both of the opposing AFMKII's, and an Akbar Home One. It did fall, but it tanked a load of firepower and dropped a lot of dice before falling in turn four I think it was. Had just one thing gone slightly differently (regarding my token timing - burned one earlier than I should have), it would have survived being encircled, broken free, and roadblocked the MC80 in time for a devastating counter attack from my ISD.

The one thing I will say I would prefer is two redirect tokens, but eh, can't have everything.

True enough, they can put out decent firepower, but I tend to use them as a a support ship, and not really try to exploit the dice it has. 

2 hours ago, Darth Tam said:

True enough, they can put out decent firepower, but I tend to use them as a a support ship, and not really try to exploit the dice it has. 

Anytime you deprive yourself of offensive dice rolls, you're doing yourself a disservice.

Something that I think would be amazing (and highly thematic) is an Interdictor kitted out for Hyperspace Assault and paired with Avenger. 

Screed, Title, DCO, Engine techs, OLP, and that slowy-down thingy. 

Deploy with 2 ships in arc, use the G8s to keep them both (title) from escaping Avengers front arc, and go to town. Use engine techs to keep up with/double tap them

i think a lot of the meta focus has been Grav shift manipulation of spatial objectives, but what about making hyperspace assault a real pain? Or finding a way to take on the more aggressive objectives. 

1 hour ago, Parkdaddy said:

Something that I think would be amazing (and highly thematic) is an Interdictor kitted out for Hyperspace Assault and paired with Avenger. 

Screed, Title, DCO, Engine techs, OLP, and that slowy-down thingy. 

Deploy with 2 ships in arc, use the G8s to keep them both (title) from escaping Avengers front arc, and go to town. Use engine techs to keep up with/double tap them

i think a lot of the meta focus has been Grav shift manipulation of spatial objectives, but what about making hyperspace assault a real pain? Or finding a way to take on the more aggressive objectives. 

I think the reason you doubt see a lot of this is the opportunity cost of not having CO instead. The same build can be used instead to play a points-generating objective well. I know that's the wall I run into when building speed control fleets, and HA is probably my favorite objective. I just can't justify taking an objective where I might get dicked if the other guy brought Strategic, when I could instead bring one that the Interdictor is uniquely suited to really leverage to its significant benefit.

That said, I don't think you would be wrong to do so. I have such a fleet sitting open in my fleet builder right now, in fact... ;)

19 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

I just can't justify taking an objective where I might get dicked if the other guy brought Strategic,

That's something I've been looking at accounting for with HA. I played something like 6 or 7 regional matches of HA as second player, and I only lost a couple of those pre wave V, so I'd consider myself good enough at those. 

The change im looking at is placing the tokens closer to my side, out of range of their strategic (if they have it) and possibly in range of mine. Basically using the tokens to form a pincer instead of a hammer/anvil. The hammer/anvil is certainly stronger, but when the enemy brings strategic, it's a non-option. 

10 minutes ago, Parkdaddy said:

The hammer/anvil is certainly stronger, but when the enemy brings strategic, it's a non-option. 

Eh, you just have to play it differently. There is still value in having the last deployment even if it is starting on turn 2 and imprecise, you just have to posture to leverage it at the opening of the following turn rather than the placing turn.

The problem with doing that with an Interdictor build, and why I say Strategic can **** you in it, is that you really need speed to mitigate the Strategic reposition... Not just relative speed, which the Interdictor does have, but absolute speed, which you can build for (ET) but don't necessarily have.

interesting. the only way to get to the stations is to...charge towards the Imperial class Star Destroyer lolz.

that said, depending on the upgrades, i'd say Admonition and Mon Karren can beat a dictor and an ISD.

but then again if i recognize the squadrons, its gonna be a slaughter in favour of the imperials "ceteris paribus".

i just think by spending 100-ish points to include an interdictor, you lose so much fightpower potential.

does it have its uses? sure. i myself love it and include it in almost all my imperial lists and it is MVP in my local CC campaign even disregarding the hyperspace retreat rule. but i dont think it is, like, "optimal". it has equal cost(slightly more expensive) to a Clonisher and comparable to an Arquittens and two Gozantis, which give arguably more support to the fleet via activations.

Edited by Kikaze

1 minute ago, Kikaze said:

i just think by spending 100-ish points to include an interdictor, you lose so much fightpower potential.

In this case, I have spent 100ish pts to start the battle 80pts up. How is that not optimal?

because for 100 points, the other player may buy stuff that get your ships REKT. admonition and demolisher both cost less. tooled up ackbar assault frigates too. i think that is the biggest issue: if you get an interdictor, since it often deals less damage than an arquittens/TRC90, the rest of your buys need to kick a LOT of butts to cover up for it. a fleet composition with it definitely has potential, and the dictor has useful shenanigans, but is just "needlessly harder to execute".like, "high risk-equal reward".

its like a real lifr reverse flying kick to the ribs; many martial artists can do it, and do it fast, but they almost NEVER do it in , say,  a cagefight because it isnt really much more effective than a simple side kick, but is more difficult, so why waste energy. "keep it simple".

Edited by Kikaze

that you can build a fleet without an interdictor, and it will be easier to use and equally effective. do you argue that the interdictor is easy to use OR that you cannot build an equally effective fleet without it? I am crazy so i like the thing, but for most people why use , risking a misplay due to exertion etc, something harder-to-use if it is not bluntly more effective? 

Edited by Kikaze

If I want to be irritating, I'll field an interdictor with grav shift reroute, gravwell projector and tractor beams, then put Konstantine and Titus in it, and spend the whole game telling my opponent what speed his ships are flying at on terrain that I got to manipulate to my advantage.

Sending your opponent's ships hurtling off the board edge, or speeding up an MC30 from speed 1-4 without the consent of the owner and watching it spend the entire rest of the battle trying to turn around is just priceless.

This setup is especially funny against rebels who rely on supporting effects between their ships and squadron flying.

I think the Interdictor is one of the best ships to grace armada hands down and the lack of love for it is not because of the ship itself and the tools it offers but for the lack of vision on some peoples parts and the fact to use it you need to come out of your comfort zone of how the Imperials normally play.. Really looking forward to taking mine with me to the Expo to use at the Euros

7 hours ago, Kikaze said:

that you can build a fleet without an interdictor, and it will be easier to use and equally effective. do you argue that the interdictor is easy to use OR that you cannot build an equally effective fleet without it? I am crazy so i like the thing, but for most people why use , risking a misplay due to exertion etc, something harder-to-use if it is not bluntly more effective? 

The Interdictor provides ways to manipulate the speed of enemy ships and even move around obstacles, both of which are largely exclusive to it. Correctly using either of those effects can be better than taking another heavy hitter, especially if your opponent can't afford to keep using Navigate commands or ends up stuck in front of an ISD that they would normally have escaped from. I used an Interdictor to pin an enemy ship in front of two VSDs last night and hammered him with twelve dice instead of the six I would have gotten if he could move. 

Since it was a Corellian Conflict game, I also got to hold his last ship on the table and kill it since it couldn't hyperspace away, but that doesn't apply in regular games so YMMV on how useful that is. To me, it meant another 43 points he needs to spend repairing damage. 

I use the Interdictor more as "support" ship with Targeting Scrambler + Enginering team makes it last longer (hopefully)

"Interdictor" w/Ciena Ree 
Author: Bourne

Faction: Galactic Empire

Commander: Admiral Motti

Assault Objective: Advanced Gunnery
Defense Objective: Hyperspace Assault
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

Interdictor-class Combat Refit (93 points)
 Interdictor  ( 3  points) 
-  Wulff Yularen  ( 7  points) 
-  Engineering Team  ( 5  points) 
-  Targeting Scrambler  ( 5  points) 
= 113 total ship cost

Imperial I-Class Star Destroyer (110 points)
 Avenger  ( 5  points) 
-  Minister Tua  ( 2  points) 
-  Flight Controllers  ( 6  points) 
-  Boosted Comms  ( 4  points) 
-  X17 Turbolasers  ( 6  points) 
-  SW 7 Ion Batteries  ( 5  points) 
= 138 total ship cost

[ flagship ] Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 points)
-  Admiral Motti  ( 24  points) 
-  Boosted Comms  ( 4  points) 
= 51 total ship cost

1 "Howlrunner" ( 16 points) 
1 Soontir Fel ( 18 points) 
1 TIE Advanced Squadron ( 12 points) 
1 Ciena Ree ( 17 points) 
1 Dengar ( 20 points) 
1 "Mauler" Mithel ( 15 points) 

interdictor-horz.jpeg