IG88E

Post your most glorious victory/your most painful defeat

Most Glorious: Defeated Parattanni in Hangar Bay Event within 23min with my DualDecimator Build (Chiraneau+Preadator+Kylo and Oicunn+Predator+Vader)

Worst Defeat: last PS1 Defender did not want to die and killed my last jmp5k....

Most glorious win: My brother and I fighting for first at a local store tournament. My Whisper range one's his Jake Ferrel. Five natural hits versus 3 natural blanks.

Most glorious defeat: My first tournament, made Top 4 cut, fighting against a fairly similar list, Whisper and Chiraneu (my Chiraneu had Expose, Experimental Interface and Ysanne Isard, his had Determination, and a few other upgrades I can't remember) it came down to my decimator versus his. He had initiative and shot first, destroying my Decimator but I got to fire back. I rolled enough hits to get him down to 1 health plus a critical. He flips the CRIT, it's a pilot crit. He discards the critical, this barely winning the game.

We still laugh about that encounter to this day.

Worlds 2013, got paired in the 5th round with the guy I drove up with.  I was running rebel swarm and he was running a howlrunner Tie Bomber swarm.  We had played tons of times practicing and he always won.  This game first round of shooting he drops an X-wing and gets a blinded pilot crit stopping it from shooting back.  He then proceeds to misjudge a distance and bumps rather then landing a 5 k.  I pull the game out.  Best win of the game for me.

Worlds 2016, Played the German Champion in the 7th round.  We were both undefeated.  I had beaten palp defenders three times the previous day and I was doing great this game until his Ryad rolled 16 straight max evades.  keeping it alive with 2 hit points to finish off my Y-wing.  My Half dead Chewie could of still one but he was up by 4 points and ran for time.  Heart breaking defeat.  It was the loss that kept me out of making the cut.  My 8th game was against Nand who straight up massacred me.

9 hours ago, Criwi Romed said:

Ugggghhh, thanks for bringing up some bad memories! (I'm Bill, btw) That was an amazing game, and I still kick myself for not being able to close that out. This is actually only my second most crushing defeat though...

My worst defeat was 2015 regional final table in Saskatoon. My planned echo decloak put my nub on a rock. Chose instead to stay cloaked, focused up with rec spec, and ate 4 hits from an HLC, only to roll blanks. Goodbye echo. If that decloak had gone my way, the game was in my hands. 

My greatest achievement was a few months ago at a small store tournament. My fearlessness, cluster missile Bossk one-shot an IG88-B, with Glitterstim active, and an evade token. Absolute carnage.

The best part is that both of these games were against the same opponent. @PLR

Hi Bill! That was a great game. I thought I was goners for sure. Sorry to bring it up! Hope to see ya next year.

That sounds like a quick game 1 shotting an IG haha.

23 hours ago, DeathstarII said:

Glorious victory? Having pre-HOTR Poe dameron solo 7 TIEs while they kept Han Solo on a rock

That is what Poe does - just like in the movie :)

The worst game was two years ago to the day. Been playing X-Wing for two months and tried my hand at a store tourney. First round I proceeded to blank out. Not dice but brain cells. For got upgrades, pilot abilities, etc. I don't even think I did any damage. Lost that one 100-0. The second and third rounds weren't quite as bad but still substantial losses.

Best game was a casual match where I used 5 A-Wings. Everything came together like a well rehearsed symphony. Didn't lose a ship, dice were more than kind and I knew what my opponent was thinking before he thought it. Hasn't happened since and probably won't happen again.

Probably not my worst but one of my most memorable defeats was when playing a palp ace list in a local tournament I took an (unblockable) crit from vi ten numb on Soontir. I had used palp to limit the other damage coming in and I said the fateful words "one crit can't kill Soontir Fel". 1 major explosion into direct hit later Vader had his work cut out for him (as Soontir was obviously dead) and vi Poe + vi ten numb quickly ended me. Over a year later I still get crap for that line.

Well this is my report, it's pretty funny that Tbot had a nearly identical best win experience.

Rey/Jan Ors vs. Ketsu Bossk round 6 at Seattle Regionals.  I did an early blow to Ketsu but now the match has turned; Jan dead, Rey at 4 hull from some seriouosly painfull Bossk crit splits. Then.. Ketsu finally can't escape my arc, I get a range 3 shotjust in by a couple millimeters that wipes him off the mat. Then next turn manage to get behind Bossk with his 6 hull and 4 shields and hammer him down to 2 hull, when he pulls out a full stop that finally gives him firing arc in his 180 secondary & I manage to get the last 2 hull wiped off before he can fire.  I had written this game off as a loss when I dropped to just Rey with 4 hull and he had a near full Bossk and severly weakened but far away Ketsu.

Worst loss was a match that left me with a standard fat whisper build  FCS ACD VI vs. an Omega Leader juke/comm relay with Target Lock on me, I had a PS 0 crit on whisper he had 2 hull on OL.  I chased OL all over the map pecking away trying to get him before the store closed.  I ended up having brilliant arc & range 1 on OL towards edge of map with little option to get out.  He ends up taking a brilliant 2 turn & barrel roll to dodge my arc and have me in then rolls a crit hit into me.   

On 2/28/2017 at 7:40 AM, DeathstarII said:

Glorious victory? Having pre-HOTR Poe dameron solo 7 TIEs while they kept Han Solo on a rock

Yep. That was my most painful defeat. :) Six. Rounds. In. A. Row. On. The. Same. Rock. And I still couldn't kill Han.

Painful defeats....jojojo.

My little friends today we will learn to master two key words while playing X Wing.

Left and your other left.

I have turned the wrong way perhaps 10 times. Fat Han quite often. Biebie... Off limits. Booom.

Probably the most painful defeat was at Regionals a couple years back. I beat Dan Hars in Top 4 (mostly thanks to some awesome dice, but I'll take it), and then Tyson crushed me in the finals playing the exact same list. It was a sad sad day . . . so close, yet so far . . .

As for glorious victory? I gotta say, I really enjoyed a game a few months ago against a Rey Poe build. I was flying Corran/Miranda and got off to a bit of a rocky start -- couldn't get a bomb on Poe, and Miranda went down pretty quick. After that, though, I remembered why I like Advanced Sensors on Corran so much. I slowly whittled down Rey, thanks to a few . . . erm, courageous plays where the dice worked out (there was one round where I had Corran at Range 1, out of arc, of Rey, and he had Poe at Range 1 of Corran . . . between his shots and Corran's double tap, we threw sixteen modified dice and all that resulted in a grand total of about four damage), I ended up getting Rey down. Then it was his Poe against Corran, but he was on my tail, and with Focus + TL each round, he was actually pushing damage through. Eventually I made a surprise move, turning toward the board edge, which bought me a turn, but stressed me. He gave chase and I tried to get out of the corner I'd flown myself into, until the perfect opportunity presented itself:

Corran had one hull, one shield, and one stress. He was parallel to the board edge and a decent distance away, having barrel rolled last turn. Poe was facing the edge at a 45 degree angle; a two-turn would easily keep him on. So I looked at that for about a second, and then said "**** it," dialed in a two-turn toward the board edge, which just managed to block Poe off the board.

I was pretty happy with that one. Even though it was just a league night.

Glorious Victory: I had Railgun Zuckuss supported by Latts Razzi with K4 Security Droid and Serissu with a Tractor Beam Cannon. Latts and Serissu lower agility and then Zuckuss fires 6 dice at range 1 with full modifiers. I faced a Phantom, Poe, and Keyan list. We took out the Phantom relatively quickly, then Keyan. Serissu died pretty early and then Poe finished off Latts. In the end game it was Zuckuss vs. Poe. Poe had taken some shield damage, but ran away to regen to full health. He came around an asteroid and didn't expect Zuckuss to turn to point-blank range. Zuckuss fired and took out a full-health Poe Dameron in 1 hit!

My first tournament showing, and I had so little experience. I was playing Rainbow Dash with Lothal Rebel, and for whatever reason, played way too aggressively, charging in with both ships. 

I got matched against one of the best players, who had multiple tourney wins under his belt, who took me apart with his Dengaroo list. He sandwiched Dash between the two ships, and Dash never got to fire a shot.

I was crushed morally and lost the rest of my games that day.

Victory.....was more like 3 games, I had a Z95 bandit literally survive all 3 games against a Phantoms list when they were first released....and this PS2 pilot had both Echo and Whisper taking Range 1 back shots etc...yes all 2 green dice staved off the Phantoms when everything else in my lists died in each game

worst defeat, tourney playing Warthogs list, dealt a grand total of 12 damage against 2 slavers all the while double tapping with each Y Wings guns....it sucked