MonkeyInSpace

Are triple T70's viable?

Did you guys see this?

1 hour ago, jonnyd said:

I flew PS2 Ups at the Denver Regional, going 4-2 on the day.  I lost to some amazing dice paratanni (beat another one) and to an ace-killer 3x (T70) list with Snapshot stressbot Nien Numb, Poe, and Jess - I totally wasn't expecting this.  I paired this with PS10 Vader and PS10 Duchess for max arc-dodging capabilities, I was at 100 points.

Triple T-70 for the win!

Asturone, R5 P9 is a unique droid...

3 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

Did you guys see this?

Triple T-70 for the win!

and again i repost the list from page 1....like i said man this list is pretty nasty!

210 X WINGS

100 points

PILOTS

Jess Pava (28)
T-70 X-Wing (25), M9-G8 (3), Integrated Astromech (0)

Nien Nunb (33)
T-70 X-Wing (29), R3-A2 (2), Snap Shot (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Poe Dameron (PS8 Version) (39)
T-70 X-Wing (31), R5-P9 (3), Pattern Analyzer (2), Veteran Instincts (1), Autothrusters (2)

4 minutes ago, Jerval said:

Asturone, R5 P9 is a unique droid...

and again i repost the list from page 1....like i said man this list is pretty nasty!

210 X WINGS

100 points

PILOTS

Jess Pava (28)
T-70 X-Wing (25), M9-G8 (3), Integrated Astromech (0)

Nien Nunb (33)
T-70 X-Wing (29), R3-A2 (2), Snap Shot (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Poe Dameron (PS8 Version) (39)
T-70 X-Wing (31), R5-P9 (3), Pattern Analyzer (2), Veteran Instincts (1), Autothrusters (2)

I'd love to see a stream of games where this is flown well.  That's basically the list I ran, and had no good answer for defenders.

I don't see it either. Some guy was talking about his Upsilon squad and how he flew it. I suspect neither he nor the Triple T-70 player made the cut, but it made me happy just to see that it beat something. Like, we're not totally crazy, right? I'll do some digging to see if I can find out more about that regional.

1 minute ago, Asturonethorius said:

Does R5 P9 being unique mean that can only have 1 in a list?

Yep. It's a unique upgrade, denoted by the dot in front of the name. Edit: so only one can be in your squad.

Edited by Parakitor

2 hours ago, Parakitor said:

I don't see it either. Some guy was talking about his Upsilon squad and how he flew it. I suspect neither he nor the Triple T-70 player made the cut, but it made me happy just to see that it beat something. Like, we're not totally crazy, right? I'll do some digging to see if I can find out more about that regional.

Kyle D went 6-0 that day, I think he eventually lost to a corran/miranda build in Top 4.  Kyle knocked me out of the cut when I got paired up against him (I was 4-1).  I thought he might have been on a stream, and he had two snapshot x-wings.  The double stress one though is what caught me (and many others).  Its an acekiller build, and quite a few aces fell victim to it!

Played tonight at my LGS against paratanni. After jess took 5 damage on the first turn I started to get pretty worried.

And then it all came together. Nien snap stressing away Manaroos action, Jess not taking a single hit, got enough damage together to take Manaroo down in the next 2 rounds and then just threw nien on asaji's back for the rest of the game while Poe dueled Fenn.

It. Was. So. FUN.

This list is fantastic, playing super close with nien is hysterical, Jess is crazy durable early on and Poe is freaking Poe.

Plus you get to fly around with 3 X-wings! C'mon!

nien-nunb-loal-o.gif

2 minutes ago, Asterus said:

It. Was. So. FUN.

This list is fantastic, playing super close with nien is hysterical, Jess is crazy durable early on and Poe is freaking Poe.

Plus you get to fly around with 3 X-wings! C'mon!

So much LIKE! I'd bring this to a local ournament tomorrow, but I can't go :( I guess I'll have to try it in the Vassal League.

Ian Wardle from the Cloud City Radio podcast took this to the regional in Cardiff last week:

Nien Nunb, R3A2, Primed Thrusters, Cool Hand, A.T

Snap Wesley, R2, P.T, C.H, A.T

Jess Pava, R2D6, P.T, C.h, A.T

Nice to have a different take on the list, but not my favourite iteration by means.

Hello everyone! I have got an idea about a triple T-70 list.

The idea is:

Jess Pava should setup at Pilot Level 6 at the very beginning (Hyperwave Comm). So she is put onto the field right before Red Ace, so she can grant Red Ace an Evade Token at the beginning.

Red should be able to keep this Evade Token via Comm Relay, and he gets a new one whenever he gets shot at. This way he should be pretty tanky. Don't forget about R2D2, which is going to reload his shields during combat.

Jess should stay in close formation with Red Ace, so they can give each other rerolls, via Jess pilot skill and M9G8, while having a target lock Jess -> Red Ace.

Last but not least there is Nien Numb, who is going to be the stress dealing ship of this list. He can fly red maneugers, lose stress, use R3 & Snaps hot, lose stress....

Jess Pava — T-70 X-Wing 25
M9-G8 3
Hyperwave Comm Scanner 1
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 29

"Red Ace" — T-70 X-Wing 29
R2-D2 4
Comm Relay 3
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 36

Nien Nunb — T-70 X-Wing 29
Snap Shot 2
R3-A2 2
Pattern Analyzer 2
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 35
Edited by Schu81

2 hours ago, Schu81 said:

Hello everyone! I have got an idea about a triple T-70 list.

The idea is:

Jess Pava should setup at Pilot Level 6 at the very beginning (Hyperwave Comm). So she is put onto the field right before Red Ace, so she can grant Red Ace an Evade Token at the beginning.

Red should be able to keep this Evade Token via Comm Relay, and he gets a new one whenever he gets shot at. This way he should be pretty tanky. Don't forget about R2D2, which is going to reload his shields during combat.

Jess should stay in close formation with Red Ace, so they can give each other rerolls, via Jess pilot skill and M9G8, while having a target lock Jess -> Red Ace.

Last but not least there is Nien Numb, who is going to be the stress dealing ship of this list. He can fly red maneugers, lose stress, use R3 & Snaps hot, lose stress....

Jess Pava — T-70 X-Wing 25
M9-G8 3
Hyperwave Comm Scanner 1
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 29

"Red Ace" — T-70 X-Wing 29
R2-D2 4
Comm Relay 3
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 36

Nien Nunb — T-70 X-Wing 29
Snap Shot 2
R3-A2 2
Pattern Analyzer 2
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 35

A couple things to keep in mind...

• Red Ace only triggers once per turn, so if he's focused by multiple ships, he'll still only get one evade via his ability.
  • R2-D2 doesn't reload shield during combat, but after executing a green maneuver, which I'd guess you know.  

It's a cool idea, and probably just as viable as any other T-70 list we've put up.  Red Ace and Jess will be pretty tanky.  I'd love to hear how it flies for you.

1 hour ago, gennataos said:

A couple things to keep in mind...

• Red Ace only triggers once per turn, so if he's focused by multiple ships, he'll still only get one evade via his ability.
  • R2-D2 doesn't reload shield during combat, but after executing a green maneuver, which I'd guess you know.  

It's a cool idea, and probably just as viable as any other T-70 list we've put up.  Red Ace and Jess will be pretty tanky.  I'd love to hear how it flies for you.

Coincidentally on a league night flew this exact list.  If your opponent doesn't know to kill Nien first its just... dirty.  Nien is the glass cannon here just like in the other 3x lists.  Red ace is REALLY tanky because you can use the evade take a shield, get the evade back.  You can't really split the list like you can if Poe is in place of Red Ace.  Nien really has to protect her.  And Jess just hangs around for the swarm.  Its far tankier than it looks and has pretty great surviveability.  The only thing that felt lacking when I played it was dice mods on Red Ace.  I had TL's Nien for the reroll on snap shot instead of Red Ace (which is who you should be TL'ing with M9G8)

Edited by jonnyd

im still playtesting TrioX list. Now we can see some rebel lists in tops on turnaments, but what i fear the mosts are new defenders that will come with cannons. THats why im testing against them a lot. Till now i have 6:3 for xwing list.
One lose becouse of mistakes posted here some posts ago. Second becouse i overthinked and bumped a lot my own ships. Last one becouse there wasnt enough time, to end 1hp vesery and 1hp Inq.

Today i was testing double snapshot list:

PILOTS

Jess Pava (28)
T-70 X-Wing (25), R2-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0), Snap Shot (2)

Nien Nunb (34)
T-70 X-Wing (29), R3-A2 (2), Primed Thrusters (1), Snap Shot (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Poe Dameron (PS8 Version) (37)
T-70 X-Wing (31), Black One (1), R5-P9 (3), Pattern Analyzer (2), Adaptability (0), Integrated Astromech (0)

There is no autothrusters,but Nien gets extre reposition. Jess losses reroll for another xwing but gets to snapshot. With her PS it can be useful.

3 games today against double d defenders with tractor beam and tie prototype.

1st game 15min of game. first shoting didnt do much. secontd phase took vesery down. Next turn second defender dies. At end Inq dies. 1xwing at 2hulls, rest full. Some creazy TL shots came in, and blocking by Jess combined with snapshot.

2nd game. We wanted to check if result of first one was becouse outstanding rolls. So Enemy lost Vesery via first joust. Jess left on 1 hull with losing IA. here came tracktors... Nien, took stress form debrifs, Poe gets boosted on rocks ending 2 turns without actions. Nien trying to recover gathering 3 stresses (crit that gives you stress for white manouver, as i ended with stress when it came i was in edge).  Time ended up with almost full Poe against 2 ships on 1 hull

3th game. again fast game. but this time oponent changed inq for 2shots rocket. First turn shoting took out Vessery, but rockets and TIE/d's took out Jess. Next turns i was running for enemy taking out second defender nad in the end TIE prototype.

Overaly after what i thing about placing asteroids. Place it as far form each other. I sugest taking debriefs or small asteroids. You want to get head on head fly, even with defenders. Dunno if tractors can put you out of game via boost or barrel roll. If not, you can easly fly via one edge. This way you can easly do talons to get faster to enemy.

Snapshot on jess. Duno if its worth. It delivered one crit to defender, and made some mind game for oponent.

Primed thrusters on Nien and 1 initiative bid. Is that worth taking out autothrusters? Need to play againt turrets some more to think about it, but Primed Thrusters were worth point. Boosting after tallon roll was devastating.

Monkey in Space: I like the idea of 3 T-70s. I rarely play Rebels, but I thought I would try this list. However, my brother runs Poe Cameron like this: Push the Limit, R2-D2, Autothrusters, Black One, and Pattern Analyzer. He has won some tournaments with this Poe. Whether it the Poe PS8 or 9, he flies like a maniac like this. 

Nien Numb is better with Rage and R5-P9. Pattern Analyzer too. Work with your list, try what works and what doesn't. As for Jess Pava, you're on your own.

I really like the lists with Red, Jess and Nien. I attempted to make some list with them since I got that nice but weird Red Ace alternate art card :)

Jess Pava (25)

M9-G8 (3), IA (0)

Red Ace (29)

R2-D2 (4), Comm Relay (3), IA (0)

Nien Nunb (29)

PtL (3), R4-D6 (1), Pattern Analyzer (2), Black One (1), IA (0)

This Nien should survive some hits, with B1 he may also be able to protect Jess and Red. I'm not sure about PtL though, I put it there just so I may use B1 title from time to time. Otherwise I'd probably give him Rage.