BB Astromech (5)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Temmin Wexley (54)
Heroic (1)
BB Astromech (4)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Total: 200

Yeehaaaaw! :)

I've been trying to make a trip t-70 list work since 1.0, and  haven't been as successful as i'd like.
I play in a hyperspace league on vassal and have found great success with trip t-65 so far. Is it possible the pilot abilites on the t-65 is stronger then the t-70's? 

Posted (edited)

@NLJUNGBERG I started to win games with triple T70 when I started playing them as Arc Dodgers. This is probably the biggest difference between T65 and T70, the T70s focus is on maneuverability. I flew PhilGCs(https://suchanxwinghipster.wordpress.com/) list a lot and had good fun and great results with it.

About pilot abilities: I think Nien Nunb has one of the best pilot abilities in the game atm.

Edited by c3lb

4 hours ago, Schu81 said:

Free Boost!

I just love being able to boost every round :)

If you give him Composure, you can intentionally fail the free boost for a Focus and then Target Lock as your action for Double-Modded goodness!

Not in that list you can't. If you want to capitalize on that, there Temmin needs to be the highest PS ship so he can intentionally bump his mates.

I'm starting to worry about how to beat the Vader/Iden/Howl/Academies list with these. 

Think I've faced it about 4 times and lost them all, Iden is just evil. With aces being all about damage over time, spending 2 or 3 rounds to kill a ship and then having Iden remove the damage is appalling. 

Then Vader is pumping out tons of damage. 

Any tips on facing this?

23 minutes ago, ayedubbleyoo said:

I'm starting to worry about how to beat the Vader/Iden/Howl/Academies list with these. 

Think I've faced it about 4 times and lost them all, Iden is just evil. With aces being all about damage over time, spending 2 or 3 rounds to kill a ship and then having Iden remove the damage is appalling. 

Then Vader is pumping out tons of damage. 

Any tips on facing this?

Iden can only cancel the damage from one attack on a friendly TIE/ln, and then her ability is gone. Out-positioning the swarm is a PITA, but it's doable, even if it means you have to take Vader head-on to do it.

That said, I struggle too. But that's incompetence more than the list...

I agree with @Stryker359. Positioning is key, be patient and only engage the swarm at your terms. I usually use asteroids to lure them into. If you are in a tournament I would even go as far as letting it come to final salvo if your enemy does not engage at your terms, since it is only 10 vs your 9 red die.

Posted (edited)

Interesting point on final salvo! 

I kind of know the theory of luring them through asteroids, but good players don’t seem to make mistakes with them. Maybe I just have a small sample of games. 

Got a Hyperspace tournament at the weekend over 6 rounds, so sure I’ll see at least one of these. 

Edited by ayedubbleyoo

2 hours ago, ayedubbleyoo said:

Interesting point on final salvo! 

I kind of know the theory of luring them through asteroids, but good players don’t seem to make mistakes with them. Maybe I just have a small sample of games. 

Got a Hyperspace tournament at the weekend over 6 rounds, so sure I’ll see at least one of these. 

Same. Not looking forward to it at all! 76 people, including all the top London players, and then there's me.

Makes me wish I lived in one of these areas that have 8-person HS trials...

Well I got wrecked at that tournament, weirdly I thought most of my opening engagements were good. And I'd been playing well in the run up.

Almost beat the inferno Tie swarm but that one who rolls extra dice when damaged (Gideon Hask?) managed to tank an insane number of shots to survive on 1 damage. Lost against Triple U-Wings and Norra with Leia crew, that one was infuriating. Seems a bit pointless having Ello and Nien's abilities when your opponent can basically stay still forever and rotate on the spot. But I think Phil GC beat the same opponent in the cut, so...

My biggest question now is about flying style, I'm sure I'm being too cautious. I end up losing random shields to R3 shots while not doing much in return. But then again, allowing yourself to be shot by several ships in the first engagement seems a really bad idea. 

Having a bit of a crisis here, and ideas?

1 hour ago, ayedubbleyoo said:

Well I got wrecked at that tournament, weirdly I thought most of my opening engagements were good. And I'd been playing well in the run up.

Almost beat the inferno Tie swarm but that one who rolls extra dice when damaged (Gideon Hask?) managed to tank an insane number of shots to survive on 1 damage. Lost against Triple U-Wings and Norra with Leia crew, that one was infuriating. Seems a bit pointless having Ello and Nien's abilities when your opponent can basically stay still forever and rotate on the spot. But I think Phil GC beat the same opponent in the cut, so...

My biggest question now is about flying style, I'm sure I'm being too cautious. I end up losing random shields to R3 shots while not doing much in return. But then again, allowing yourself to be shot by several ships in the first engagement seems a really bad idea. 

Do you think you were on the wrong side of variance?

1 hour ago, ayedubbleyoo said:

For me, patience is key.  Like, that U-wing/Norra list...eventually it has to stumble its way toward you.  You have both repositions available, so you can make yourself go very slow and spread out your ships very wide.  It might take 30-45 minutes to force your opponent into a committed position,  That may sound boring, and it is, but if you feed into a list like that then you're just playing their game.  I've played against a lot of lists like that, which are just going to go as slow as possible and point in a direction.  They win predicated on people flying at them.

Possibly on the wrong side of variance, one of those days where you set up decent engagements and the attacks come to nothing. But I don’t really like to talk about dice. 

Good advice on the patience. I think I’m being patient but maybe not enough. Against the U list I circled them and tried to attack the Leia carrier. I got it to half points but lost 1 ship and that was the whole game. 

22 minutes ago, ayedubbleyoo said:

Possibly on the wrong side of variance, one of those days where you set up decent engagements and the attacks come to nothing. But I don’t really like to talk about dice. 

Good advice on the patience. I think I’m being patient but maybe not enough. Against the U list I circled them and tried to attack the Leia carrier. I got it to half points but lost 1 ship and that was the whole game. 

Don't make any major decisions based on a small sample size.   Final turn of a game yesterday, I had a stressed Vader with no force tokens range 1 of a double modded Poe.  I managed to roll 4 hits after TL and focus.   Needed 2 hits to get Vader to half points and give me the win.   The result?  3 natural evades and the loss to me.   

Those are the breaks, but I'd still do the same 10 times out of 10.  :)

I built this one:

Poe Dameron (68)
R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Primed Thrusters (10)
Black One (2)
Hardpoint: Cannon (0)
Jamming Beam (0)

Nien Nunb (55)
Elusive (3)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Jamming Beam (0)

Jessika Pava (52)
BB Astromech (3)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Jamming Beam (0)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Should I keep Elusive on Nien, or downgrade to Heroic or Predator so Poe can take an EPT as well?

I like heroic on all my T-70s, there is some maths on heroic vs. elusive here: https://zombiesquadron.net/2019/02/18/such-heroic-nonsense-how-good-is-heroic/

In your case you have 1 reroll on one ship, vs. 2(situational) rerolls on 3 ships, that multiplies your trigger by 3 and suddenly the math isn't so bad anymore. As soon as heroic triggers only once and rerolls into 1 evade, it already made up for the 3 points you spend on all of the ships together since it basically functioned as a shield upgrade. Aside from the maths, the psychological value of not blanking out is just awesome. And heroic won me a couple of games with Poe blanking and rerolling into 2 evades. Also I suggest trying black one on Nien.

That enables you to do a 4 straight, 4 k, lock. More shennanigans include being able to pattern analyser trigger the slam, so you could do two talon rolls... it just feels more versatile on Nien. Also dropping primed thrusters for either two HLC or one HLC and a bid would be my suggestion I do not think the upgrade is worth its 10 points.

7 minutes ago, Stefan said:

I'm worried that I don't want to keep Nien and Poe in range 1 of Jess...

Jess probably isnt the best option for Poe and Nein. Wherever Jess moves, the opponent knows to point guns there. Either Poe and Nein are in that range 1 bubble to shoot, or Jess is all alone. Win win for your opponent. Ello, or Joph/Bastian with m9g8 to give Nein/Poe rerolls, then switch lock to enemy when they are damaged. Flew Bastian with m9g8 yesterday and in first game, m9g8 saved me 3 hits, turning them to eyeballs or blanks, and turned two crits to hits. Second game, turned 2 hits to blanks/eyeballs and 3 crits to hits. Bastian is an annoying dude and m9g8 is worth every point.

Posted (edited)

Ok. Good points. This?

Poe Dameron (68)
Heroic (1)
R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Advanced Optics (4)
Jamming Beam (0)

Nien Nunb (55)
Heroic (1)
R5-X3 (5)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Black One (2)
Jamming Beam (0)

Lieutenant Bastian (48)
M9-G8 (7)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Jamming Beam (0)
Total: 198

Or this?

Poe Dameron (68)
Heroic (1)
R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Primed Thrusters (10)
Jamming Beam (0)

Nien Nunb (55)
Heroic (1)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Black One (2)
Jamming Beam (0)

Lieutenant Bastian (48)
M9-G8 (7)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Jamming Beam (0)
Total: 199

Of course, Ello's also available....so many choices.

Poe Dameron (68)
Predator (2)
R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Jamming Beam (0)

Nien Nunb (55)
Heroic (1)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Black One (2)
Jamming Beam (0)

Ello Asty (56)
Heroic (1)
M9-G8 (7)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Jamming Beam (0)
Total: 199

Edited by Stefan

Triple T-70 won a couple of hyperspace trials in the UK already. This last weekend, it won the biggest trial in the world to date - 82 players

• Poe - R4, Heroic, S-Foils
  • Ello - Heroic, S-Foils
  • Nien - Heroic, S-Foils, Pattern Analyser, Black One.

He lost one game all weekend, against Rebel Beef (UXYY)

Seems like T210 is a good, if unforgiving list.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dreadai said:

Triple T-70 won a couple of hyperspace trials in the UK already. This last weekend, it won the biggest trial in the world to date - 82 players

• Poe - R4, Heroic, S-Foils
  • Ello - Heroic, S-Foils
  • Nien - Heroic, S-Foils, Pattern Analyser, Black One.

He lost one game all weekend, against Rebel Beef (UXYY)

Seems like T210 is a good, if unforgiving list.

That’s the same list that I ran in the same tournament and went 1-4! 

Phil is obviously a much better player, but I’m having a real T70 crisis at the moment. Might need to take a break and come back in a few weeks. 

Edited by ayedubbleyoo