MonkeyInSpace

Are triple T70's viable?

Still going well with Poe/Nien/Ello, they're really enjoyable. But mainly been playing Hyperspace, which takes a way a few of the worst matchups. 

Playing extended tournament tomorrow so will have to try to work out how to beat Punishers and loads of ordnance, don't like my chances!

Beaten a few varieties of first order and scum, lost to selfless/biggs rebels. Interesting matchup v Boba Fett and Krassis, couldn't really take advantage of Nien/Ello abilities very much because I was trying to stay out of R1. Won eventually just by closing in on Krassix and then slowly wearing away Boba's damage from long range.

14 hours ago, FriendofYoda said:

Would love to read some bat reps.

I'm torn over whether I'd rather have Heroic Ello, or Bastian and get 3x HLC's in the squad.

I tried HLC/BB8 expensive Poe and it was OK, but overall I think the lean ones are just as good. I lined up a good HLC trick shot about 2 or 3 times in a whole tournament. 

3 HLCs is a different matter though, I haven't tried that. Nien/Ello without anything rely on using their abilities to get good R1 shots. 

To be honest I'm still learning if this list is really competitive, I'm not a high-level player really. But I did fly T70s right through 1.0 so I'm very comfortable with the ship itself.

Giving this list a try on Monday. Any ideas?

T-70 X-wing - •Poe Dameron - 77
    •Poe Dameron - Trigger-Happy Flyboy (68)
        Heroic (1)
        R4 Astromech (2)
        •Black One (2)
        Integrated S-foils (Closed) (0)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

T-70 X-wing - •Ello Asty - 61
    •Ello Asty - Born to Ill (56)
        Heroic (1)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

T-70 X-wing - •Nien Nunb - 60
    •Nien Nunb - Sarcastic Survivor (55)
        Heroic (1)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

Total: 198/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

8 minutes ago, Rabid Bantha said:

Giving this list a try on Monday. Any ideas?

T-70 X-wing - •Poe Dameron - 77
    •Poe Dameron - Trigger-Happy Flyboy (68)
        Heroic (1)
        R4 Astromech (2)
        •Black One (2)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

T-70 X-wing - •Ello Asty - 61
        Heroic (1)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

T-70 X-wing - •Nien Nunb - 60
        Heroic (1)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

Total: 198/200

You're probably better off giving Nien Pattern Analyzer and losing the HLC on either Ello or Nien (probably losing on Ello).  Nien is arguably a better end game ship than Poe against a lot of stuff with Pattern Analyzer.

Nien has to have Pattern Analyzer for sure, can pull some amazing stuff off with it. 

Had a situation in a recent game where it was Nien v Blackout. Blackout was 'trapping' him in the corner, and Nien ended up with a range 1 shot with focus after talon rolling and barrel-rolling out of his arc. Glorious stuff. 

Ello's ability is easier to use and more consistent, but Nien has that game-changing potential to get the 2 actions. 

I am a new X-wing player looking to build my first list, and I love the look and maneuverability of the T-70. What about this for a 3 T-70 list? Would this be any good?

T-70 X-wing - •Kare Kun - 75
    •Kare Kun - Woman of Action (53)
        Outmaneuver (6)
        •BB-8 (8)
        Afterburners (8)

T-70 X-wing - •Ello Asty - 60
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

T-70 X-wing - •Nien Nunb - 65
        Heroic (1)
        Pattern Analyzer (5)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

Total: 200/200

Inspired by a question in the rules subthread, here's a spicy Snap build:

• Temmin Wexley (54)
    • Daredevil (3)
    • R4 Astromech (2)
    • Primed Thrusters (8)
    • Heavy Laser Cannon (4) (optional)
    • Black One (2) (optional)
      • Snap could either regular Boost before the SLAM, or SLAM into a 2-4 speed move and regular or DD Boost.  That's a lot of flexibility.  Even Poe can't Boost into a SLAM.
    • Cost: 67 to 73 points

So he can Daredevil boost after a 2-4 speed move, then still barrel roll as his normal action due to Primed Thrusters.  With the ability to boost/barrel roll, he's probably a better HLC sniper than most pilots, although limited at Init 4.  With DD/R4/PT seems like there's just some nifty stuff you can do.

8 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

• Temmin Wexley (54)
    • Daredevil (3)
    • R4 Astromech (2)
    • Primed Thrusters (8)
      • Snap could either regular Boost before the SLAM, or SLAM into a 2-4 speed move and regular or DD Boost.  That's a lot of flexibility.  Even Poe can't Boost into a SLAM.

So he can Daredevil boost after a 2-4 speed move, then still barrel roll as his normal action due to Primed Thrusters.  With the ability to boost/barrel roll, he's probably a better HLC sniper than most pilots, although limited at Init 4.  With DD/R4/PT seems like there's just some nifty stuff you can do.

Prefer using composure on Snap and force failing his boost to double mod.

Although I'll have to look into how good HLC is on him.

Well, I went 3-2 at the weekend in quite a tough tournament, my first-ever positive result. Turns out practicing loads with the same ship is actually good :D

I had Nien (Heroic, PA), Ello (Heroic) and Poe (R4, Debris Gambit) - 190 points. Did regret not being at 189 a couple of times, but that's bidding for you. 

Game 1 - lost against double Reaper and double Striker, largely because of Vader and Palpatine but also because of their great speed and volume of 3-dice attacks. Didn't start well as they covered the board too quickly for me to really set up an engagement. 

Game 2 - won against rival T70s with Nien, Bastien and a more expensive Poe. I was moving first here, but managed to block and kill his Poe quite early on. Then he conceded.

Game 3 - won against Luke, Wedge, Norra, AP5. Managed to nuke Wedge early with everyone, and to arc-dodge and focus fire well enough to wear down AP5 and then Norra. Debris Gambit was used in this game, to allow Poe to focus/evade and take a Norra torpedo without any damage. Helped I was really familiar with my opponent's ships. 

Game 4 - won against Whisper Soontir Redline. I was really happy with this match, managed to isolate Redline and range-control his torpedoes. Then I got lucky with double crits assigning 2 ion tokens. Also Soontir tried to help out by boosting in front of Nien/Ello, and I took him down in one round. Ended with Poe and Whisper chasing around but I won narrowly on points. 

Game 5 - lost against Inferno swarm and Duchess, with a really good player too. I still don't have a great plan against this swarm, I'm told it's to approach from 3 different angles. 

Overall really happy, Debris Gambit for Heroic on Poe is on balance probably not quite worth it, it's so rare that Poe wants to take 2 tokens and not a reposition action. Might just stick with Heroic and stay on 189 points. Only available in extended format anyway. 

Edited by ayedubbleyoo

What about this??

Poe, Nien, Bastian

(68) Poe Dameron
(2) R4 Astromech
(0) Integrated S-foils
(1) Marksmanship
(9) Proton Torpedoes
(2) Black One
Points 82

(55) Nien Nunb
(0) Integrated S-foils
(1) Heroic
(5) Pattern Analyzer
(7) Proton Rockets
Points 68

(48) Lieutenant Bastian
(0) Integrated S-foils
Points 48

Total points: 198

Has anyone tested prorockets on Nien? he can go full mod thanks to PA. Also prorockets adds more flexibility cause they ara range 1-2

So my Poe/Nien/Ello list has risen from 196 to 199 thanks to the Torpedo increase,

Do I:

1) Keep it as-is?
2) Drop Torps for R4 and Black One on Poe?
3) Third option (please make suggestions)

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:45 AM, theBitterFig said:

• Temmin Wexley (54)
    • Daredevil (3)
    • R4 Astromech (2)
    • Primed Thrusters (8)

Indeed. With afterburners getting cheaper, I find myself wondering if Kare is worth a look, too. The ability to do a speed 4 straight then 'handbrake' into a 90' turn is a surprisingly good trick, especially for swinging a bullseye cannon onto line unexpectedly.

12 hours ago, Jedi1993 said:

You get a jamming beam! And you get a jamming beam! All T-70s get jamming beams! 

If you aren't using the hardpoint for anything else ... sure ... just a shame it replaces a three dice attack!

Dancing 70's (199)

Kare Kun —                   53

BB Astromech                4

Afterburners                  6

Integrated S-Foils         0

Hardpoint: Cannon      0

Heavy Laser Cannon    4

Ship Total: 67

Temmin Wexley —            54

Daredevil                              3

BB Astromech                     4

Integrated S-Foils               0

Hardpoint: Cannon            0

Heavy Laser Cannon         4

Ship Total: 65

Nien Nunb —                     55

Crack Shot                            1

R4 Astromech                      2

Pattern Analyzer                5

Hardpoint: Cannon           0

Heavy Laser Cannon        4

This is the list i will bring to the vassal leagues, as it is Hyperspace legal and seems to be so much fun being able to dance so much, even tough it might be hard at initiative 4/4/5.

2 hours ago, NLJUNGBERG said:

Dancing 70's (199)

Kare Kun

Temmin Wexley

Nien Nunb

This is the list i will bring to the vassal leagues, as it is Hyperspace legal and seems to be so much fun being able to dance so much, even tough it might be hard at initiative 4/4/5.

Please say how it went :)

2 hours ago, NLJUNGBERG said:

Dancing 70's (199)

Kare Kun —                   53

BB Astromech                4

Afterburners                  6

Integrated S-Foils         0

Hardpoint: Cannon      0

Heavy Laser Cannon    4

Temmin Wexley —            54

Daredevil                              3

BB Astromech                     4

Hardpoint: Cannon            0

Heavy Laser Cannon         4

Ship Total: 65

Nien Nunb —                     55

Crack Shot                            1

R4 Astromech                      2

Pattern Analyzer                5

Hardpoint: Cannon           0

Heavy Laser Cannon        4

I posted a similar build above since I love Kare's maneuverability, but I was using Ello instead of Snap for another initiative 5, highly maneuverable attacker. After the points update, I think that list is now sitting at 196 instead of 200. I have never played it though, since I am a new player and was just theory-crafting something that looked fun to fly with one of my favorite ships from Star Wars.

So, I would be very interested in hearing how the tournament goes, too!

Edited by AeroEng42

I’m a VERY casual player. With only playing a few 2.0 matches and a Resistance main. So as a casual player I wanted to make a fun triple t-70 list focused on Ion or Tractor. I haven’t really played with either of those mechanics at all yet and wonder if it’s even worth it on t-70’s. 

Here one Ion one I made. 

Tripion

(48) Lieutenant Bastian
(6) Ion Torpedoes
(3) R3 Astromech
(0) Integrated S-foils
(6) Targeting Synchronizer
Points 63

(55) Nien Nunb
(0) Integrated S-foils
(5) Pattern Analyzer
(4) R2 Astromech
(1) Heroic
(4) Ion Missiles
Points 69

(56) Ello Asty
(4) Ion Missiles
(0) Integrated S-foils
(4) R2 Astromech
(1) Heroic
Points 65

Total points: 197

How does that look? Any suggestions? Am I way out to lunch even trying this? What about Tractor Beam? Still out to lunch? As a reminder again my group is a fairly casual bunch so I don’t ever plan on taking something like this to competitions. I also made a 2 T-70 and 2 A-Wing Ion list. 

1 hour ago, Codes said:

I’m a VERY casual player. With only playing a few 2.0 matches and a Resistance main. So as a casual player I wanted to make a fun triple t-70 list focused on Ion or Tractor. I haven’t really played with either of those mechanics at all yet and wonder if it’s even worth it on t-70’s. 

Here one Ion one I made. 

Tripion

[...]

How does that look? Any suggestions? Am I way out to lunch even trying this? What about Tractor Beam? Still out to lunch? As a reminder again my group is a fairly casual bunch so I don’t ever plan on taking something like this to competitions. I also made a 2 T-70 and 2 A-Wing Ion list. 

Ion Missiles are probably a bad idea on T-70s.  It can be kind of awkward to require a lock, and then not really gain any extra dice.  You won't have to deal with the range 3 bonus, but I doubt it's really worth it.

But.

The list has 3 unspent points, so maybe it'd be worth switching from Ion Missiles to Ion Cannons at the cost of 2 of those points.  Leave the S-Foils closed the whole time, and Ion Cannons will work at any range without a lock against any target with 3 full dice if you don't have a bullseye.  Basically, I think it's almost always going to be wrong to bring Ion Missile on any ship which could bring Ion Cannon instead.  Same 3 dice Ion weapon without the fuss.  Ion Torpedo kinda makes sense on Bastian with his pilot ability granting locks and they grant a 4th attack die, but Missile just isn't going to be good here.

The R2 Astomechs could be fun.  T-70s have a decent number of hit points, so being able to recover them seems good.  My only worry is that Nien Nunb and Ello Asty are two ships which have really high time-on-target and there's a decent chance they don't have too many turns they want to give up a shot to regen.  A terrible problem to have, I know.  XD

Still, looks like a fun list worth giving a try.

Thanks for the reply. I switched to Ion Cannons (I’ll have to get another card off a friend but for now they won’t mind) also the R2’s was definitely a mistake and I meant R4’s. Then realized R4’s probably aren’t needed. So just put shield upgrades on Ello and Nien instead. Full 200 but I think I like the tweaks. I’ll give it a fly soon to (hopefully) mess around with my friends. Maybe I’ll swap the Ion cannons for tractor beams for another fun match  

Ver.2.0

Tripion

(48) Lieutenant Bastian
(0) Integrated S-foils
(5) Ion Cannon
(7) M9-G8
Points 60

(55) Nien Nunb
(0) Integrated S-foils
(5) Pattern Analyzer
(1) Heroic
(5) Ion Cannon