MonkeyInSpace

Are triple T70's viable?

20 minutes ago, ayedubbleyoo said:

Heroic triggered 3 times for me last night, I rolled the double blanks into more double blanks every time :D

You should get those dice checked! :P 

Going to try out a Poe Snap Jess list later. Let’s see how they fair in V2.

Tempted to try a reworking of the old "Hooning around like a fruitbat on nitrous oxide" trio - Wexley, Asty and Kun - now with the option to drop Black One on whoever can pull the most ridiculous options of the three.

Current leader in the "What the Heck are you doing over there?" stakes - Ello Asty, Black One, Daredevil, BB-8 - reveal a blue speed 3 straight, use BB-8 to perform a speed 1 turn boost, clear off the stress with the straight, SLAM into a Talon roll and discard the disarm token for an ion token - you can end up performing a speed 7 K-turn sideways.

The sheer flexibility of the T-70 chassis means I suspect we're going to be playing tunes with different squad configurations for ages. Access to control tools like ion cannons or missiles are great, too.

(And I know 4 x T-70 is not for this thread, but the same applies to them too; four rookies now have a lot of cannon and 'mech options).

15 minutes ago, Dreadai said:

Don’t forget static discharge vanes to toss your ion token into someone else!

That's starting to throw a lot of points into a one-use trick, though. I'll lob 2 points at Black One on the off-chance I get to pull some stupid chained turn-and-talon-roll move, but stuff like discharge vanes and advanced SLAM are pushing it to a much more significant investment.

Might be worth it for Nien Numb - he's aiming to be at range 1 of the enemy anyway; SLAM-ing into a talon roll, then dumping off the stress then passing you the ion token then shooting you at range 1 is just kind of adding insult to injury.

Bastian looks like a nice cheap third pilot. His ability pairs nicely with M9-G8 - allowing you to bounce your target lock round reactively as both friends and enemies take damage without wasting actions.

What are people's thoughts on cannons, missiles and torpedoes? Targeting Synchroniser and R3 Astromech looks like a nice pairing, removing the attack [Target lock] requirement across a big swathe of the board, allowing a couple of generics to play torpedo-bomber fairly effectively.

Idea:

• Lieutenant Bastian
    • M9-G8
    • Pattern Analyser
    • Integrated S-Foils
  • Kare Kun
    • Heavy Laser Cannon
    • BB-8
    • Primed Thrusters
    • Integrated S-Foils
  • Ello Asty
    • Black One
    • Heroic
    • Primed Thrusters
    • Integrated S-Foils

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Something that has come up in the Krayts thread is that you can use Composure to force Snap Wexley to fail his free boost to gain a focus, and then take a TL as his action, so he gets double modded attacks ... this makes me happy ... the only sad time is that he moves at i4 rather than 5!

On 12/12/2018 at 11:49 AM, Magnus Grendel said:

Current leader in the "What the Heck are you doing over there?" stakes - Ello Asty, Black One, Daredevil, BB-8 - reveal a blue speed 3 straight, use BB-8 to perform a speed 1 turn boost, clear off the stress with the straight, SLAM into a Talon roll and discard the disarm token for an ion token - you can end up performing a speed 7 K-turn sideways.

Another interesting thing to note is that, as her Talon Roll is white, she can effectively perform a stop manoeuvre (double 3-T) if you're behind something that has stopped in front if you... ;)

my list:

T-70 X-wing - •Temmin Wexley - 64
    •Temmin Wexley - Snap (54)
        Heroic (1)
        BB Astromech (5)
        Integrated S-foils (Closed) (0)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

T-70 X-wing - •Ello Asty - 66
    •Ello Asty - Born to Ill (56)
        Heroic (1)
        BB Astromech (5)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

T-70 X-wing - •Nien Nunb - 68
    •Nien Nunb - Sarcastic Survivor (55)
        Heroic (1)
        •BB-8 (8)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

Total: 198/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

On 12/14/2018 at 10:51 PM, Stefan said:

Poe Dameron (68)
Heroic (1)
R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Primed Thrusters (8)

Nien Nunb (55)
Heroic (1)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Ello Asty (56)
Heroic (1)
M9-G8 (7)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Total: 199

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

This is out. It simply didn't work really well. What I found, however, is that Nien and Poe really have zero problems getting into Bull's Eye arc at Range 1 and can keave their wings closed all the time, so I acted accordingly. I'm uncertain about component three, Ello Asty, though.

I  tried this thrice yesterday:

Poe Dameron (68)
Predator (2)
R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Hardpoint: Torpedo (0)
Adv. Proton Torpedoes (6)

Nien Nunb (55)
Predator (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Ello Asty (56)
Predator (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

33 minutes ago, Stefan said:

This is out. It simply didn't work really well. What I found, however, is that Nien and Poe really have zero problems getting into Bull's Eye arc at Range 1 and can keave their wings closed all the time, so I acted accordingly. I'm uncertain about component three, Ello Asty, though.

I  tried this thrice yesterday:

Poe Dameron (68)
Predator (2)
R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Nien Nunb (55)
Predator (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Ello Asty (56)
Predator (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

But where's Nien's PA? It allows for double mods after a well timed tallon roll. Try this one out. Or drop Bastian's Astro for more Torps!

T-70 X-wing - •Poe Dameron - 80
    •Poe Dameron - Trigger-Happy Flyboy (68)
        Heroic (1)
        R4 Astromech (2)
        Integrated S-foils (Open) (0)
        Proton Torpedoes (9)

T-70 X-wing - •Nien Nunb - 63
    •Nien Nunb - Sarcastic Survivor (55)
        Daredevil (3)
        Pattern Analyzer (5)

T-70 X-wing - •Lieutenant Bastian - 55
    •Lieutenant Bastian - Optimistic Analyst (48)
        •M9-G8 (7)

Total: 198/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

All three ships are capable of getting double mods, and Bastian might be a useful support option with M9-G8. Though I also like the idea of running 4 generic T-70's. It's a lot of Health to chew through.

Edited by Hippie Moosen

19 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Explain the reasoning for PA on Nien please.

It was described in a few threads by now. Basicaly Nien with closed S-foils can do a red talon, then - from PA and S-foils - focus linked into red barrel roll. If after all this he has an enemy at range 1 in his arc - he gets stress from barrel roll, clears it, gets stress from talon, clears it and, since he is not stressed, can still do an action in his action phase - 3rd one in this turn.

51 minutes ago, RealSpecter said:

It was described in a few threads by now. Basicaly Nien with closed S-foils can do a red talon, then - from PA and S-foils - focus linked into red barrel roll. If after all this he has an enemy at range 1 in his arc - he gets stress from barrel roll, clears it, gets stress from talon, clears it and, since he is not stressed, can still do an action in his action phase - 3rd one in this turn.

Missed that before, thanks!

Like that?

Poe Dameron (68)
Predator (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Nien Nunb (55)
Predator (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Primed Thrusters (8)

Ello Asty (56)
Predator (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Edited by Stefan

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

Missed that before, thanks!

Like that?

Nien Nunb (55)
Predator (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Primed Thrusters (8)

You want Pattern Analyser for maximum jank.  Primed thrusters allows you to take reposition actions while stressed, so there is value there, but the maximum Nien Nunb jank is via Pattern Analyser!

I've been trying several variations of Poe/Nien/+1

• Snap/Composure seems cool but just too many turn where you (a) dont need the boost and (b) cant trigger the composure trick
  • Bastian/M9 seems great on paper but it still feels "not quite right" for some reason, need more practice maybe
  • Jess is rock solid, at the end of the day her near-effortless efficiency just might be the winner

Another variation I'm interested is:

Poe Dameron (68)
Swarm Tactics (3)
R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Targeting Synchronizer (5)
Proton Torpedoes (9)

Jessika Pava (52)
M9-G8 (7)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Proton Torpedoes (9)

Tallissan Lintra (35)
Juke (4)
Marksmanship (1)
Cluster Missiles (5)

Total: 200

Jess locks Tali on rnd 1, 2 fully modded I6 Ptorp launches + 2x I5 Juke/M9 cluster missile attacks

Edited by prauxim

On 12/15/2018 at 1:05 PM, DexterOnone said:

Another interesting thing to note is that, as her Talon Roll is white, she can effectively perform a stop manoeuvre (double 3-T) if you're behind something that has stopped in front if you... ;)

Although, sadly, the second Tallon Roll would be red, since Ello’s ability only works for revealed maneuvers 😕

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

I flew this for five games straight now. Seems to be the best iteration so far.

Poe Dameron (68)
Predator (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Proton Torpedoes (9)

Nien Nunb (55)
Predator (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Pattern Analyzer (5)

Ello Asty (56)
Predator (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Didn't you have a problem with only 1 point bid?

9 hours ago, asterborn said:

Although, sadly, the second Tallon Roll would be red, since Ello’s ability only works for revealed maneuvers

A good spot. That's something I would have missed and come unstuck on. You can still do the first talon roll as white, but then need to do a white or blue speed 3 manoeuvre (oh the horror...) as your second move.

That's still offering some seriously silly movement options, though.

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

But I'm currently thinking of dropping the torps on Poe for Ferrosphere paint and keeping the rest as bid.

Largely dependent on how important that lock defence is, I guess. "Midnight" remains a pain in the fundament, as do Hexacrypt-jamming Upsilons, but how much incoming fire depends on target locks depends on what you see on the other side of the table. Anyone fielding Darth Vader is going to bloody hate it - TIE/x1 really, really don't like stress.

Looking at trying to do the canonical squadron rosters:

• Red Squadron Aces
    • Ello Asty
      • Advanced Proton Torpedoes
      • R5-X3
      • Integrated S-Foils
    • Nien Nunb
      • Advanced Proton Torpedoes
      • Pattern Analyser
      • Integrated S-Foils
    • Lieutenant Bastian
      • Proton Torpedoes
      • R3 Astromech*
      • Targeting Synchroniser
      • Integrated S-Foils

* I know you can't 'double lock' off Bastian's ability, but it allows him to pick up a lock and still maintain one lock of his choice, or to set up a 'spare' lock to synch to the aces when locking as his activation action, whilst they boost, roll and fly over obstacles to get range 1 torpedo shots.

• Blue Squadron Aces
    • Temmin Wexley
      • Outmanouvre
      • Proton Torpedoes
      • BB Astromech
      • Primed Thrusters
      • Integrated S-Foils
    • Jessika Pava
      • Heavy Laser Cannon
      • R5 Astromech
      • Integrated S-Foils
    • Blue Squadron Rookie (because I don't think there are any more named Blue Squadron members?)
      • Heavy Laser Cannon
      • M9-G8
      • Integrated S-Foils

Jess and her buddy form a 'firing line' whilst Snap plays flanker, with the benefit of an M9-G8 'fire direction' reroll.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

12 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Largely dependent on how important that lock defence is, I guess. "Midnight" remains a pain in the fundament, as do Hexacrypt-jamming Upsilons, but how much incoming fire depends on target locks depends on what you see on the other side of the table. Anyone fielding Darth Vader is going to bloody hate it - TIE/x1 really, really don't like stress.

Ordnance carriers hate it. Turret ships hate it. That's what I'm flying against currently...

11 hours ago, Stefan said:

Ordnance carriers hate it. Turret ships hate it. That's what I'm flying against currently...

Then enjoy! Black, after all, never goes out of fashion (especially when it makes you night immune to guided missiles, apparently).

Meh, Ferrosphere is interesting, but at the end of the day, if it's procing, you still have a problem (specifically a 4 attack dice problem with auto-crits).  Range control is always a better answer.  Maybe, if Ferrosphere had an option to stop the lock instead of just making their next turn more annoying, I'd be willing to pony up the points, but I haven't been impressed either with or against it for 6.