MonkeyInSpace

Are triple T70's viable?

Back from the dead, eh?

Well, way I see it, limited is gonna be AWASH in Rey and boba so you might actually get to use HLC! (Bigger base = bigger target to bullseye)

Triple t70!

(68) Poe Dameron
(2) R4 Astromech
(0) Integrated S-foils
(1) Heroic
(9) Proton Torpedoes
Points 80

(56) Ello Asty
(0) Integrated S-foils
(1) Heroic
(4) Heavy Laser Cannon
Points 61

(46) Blue Squadron Rookie
(7) M9-G8
Points 53

Total points: 194

With the rewording of Pattern Analyzer it means you now get an extra action before the check stress step after a Red move but still keep your normal action step.

It's not really an issue as there's not really any Pilots that can ignore the stress or get rid of it to use their normal step.

If only we knew a Pilot that can dump Stress as soon as he gets it. Would be almost like having PTL back.

Edited by Sonikgav

16 hours ago, Sonikgav said:

With the rewording of Pattern Analyzer it means you now get an extra action before the check stress step after a Red move but still keep your normal action step.

It's not really an issue as there's not really any Pilots that can ignore the stress or get rid of it to use their normal step.

If only we knew a Pilot that can dump Stress as soon as he gets it. Would be almost like having PTL back.

You mean like Nien Nunb? :P

I'm tempted to run this Poe, Ello, Nien list tomorrow:

Poe w/ Heroic, R4, Torpedoes, Title
Ello w/Heroic, R4
Nien w/Heroic, R4 

Comes in at 199. Triple T-70 (yay) but seems to lack punch (boo). Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, Stryker359 said:

You mean like Nien Nunb? :P

I'm tempted to run this Poe, Ello, Nien list tomorrow:

Poe w/ Heroic, R4, Torpedoes, Title
Ello w/Heroic, R4
Nien w/Heroic, R4 

Comes in at 199. Triple T-70 (yay) but seems to lack punch (boo). Thoughts?

I was about to post a list two upgrades different from this.

• Poe (Heroic, R4, Proton Torpedoes) 80
  • Ello Asty (Heroic) 57
  • Nien Nunb (Heroic, R4, Pattern Analyzer) 63

The best-case scenario: to pull a red move with closed S-Foils, barrel roll to get an enemy in arc and range 1, link to a focus, discard the stress from the red focus, discard the stress from the red move, then take a target lock...

7 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

• Ello Asty (Heroic) 57

The best-case scenario: to pull a red move with closed S-Foils, barrel roll to get an enemy in arc and range 1, link to a focus, discard the stress from the red focus, discard the stress from the red move, then take a target lock...

Oooh that looks fun! I may have to borrow that! But since Nien says you can only perform one action, does that not prevent the linked action? Either way, he still gets two... 

18 minutes ago, Stryker359 said:

Oooh that looks fun! I may have to borrow that! But since Nien says you can only perform one action, does that not prevent the linked action? Either way, he still gets two... 

I can't think of a reason why it would prevent the linked action.  Most ships won't want to, however.  Unless you're on Nien in the right position, or you're doing a white-linked action (of relevance to a TIE/SF... one of my first lists will almost surely be 4 Zetas with Pattern Analyzer and SFGunner), since it'd leave you double-stressed.

Coordinate only instructs a ship to perform one action, but the coordinated ship can link to a second action.

Meanwhile, Pattern Analyzer doesn't have the same restriction as Advanced Sensors that you cannot perform additional actions during your activation.  Most of the time, it won't matter since you'll be stressed from the red move.  There are exceptions like Nien, though.

36 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I can't think of a reason why it would prevent the linked action.  Most ships won't want to, however.  Unless you're on Nien in the right position, or you're doing a white-linked action (of relevance to a TIE/SF... one of my first lists will almost surely be 4 Zetas with Pattern Analyzer and SFGunner), since it'd leave you double-stressed.

Coordinate only instructs a ship to perform one action, but the coordinated ship can link to a second action.

Meanwhile, Pattern Analyzer doesn't have the same restriction as Advanced Sensors that you cannot perform additional actions during your activation.  Most of the time, it won't matter since you'll be stressed from the red move.  There are exceptions like Nien, though.

Intriguing...

Part of me is very tempted to drop Heroic and the R4s from all three and give Poe a BB unit and (maybe) the title for added action shenanigans.

Triple T-70 Ideas

(55) Nien Numb
(0) Integrated S-foils
(1) Heroic
(5) Pattern Analyzer
Points 61

(48) Lieutenant Bastian
(9) Proton Torpedoes
(0) Integrated S-foils
Points 57

(68) Poe Dameron
(2) Black One
(1) Heroic
(0) Integrated S-foils
(9) Proton Torpedoes
Points 80

Total points: 198

15 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

• Ello Asty (Heroic) 57

Did you end up running this list? How did it go?

7 hours ago, Bigstevo said:

I ran this list without R4 Astromechs and a 4 point bid. I went 2-3, losing to two Scum swarms (because Scum), and a close game in which I couldn't get the final hit on two I1 Defenders, which managed to pick of Nien just before the game ended. I feel I might have been better served by dropping the R4 on Ello and running Poe with Black One. Still experimenting, though.

2 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

((Pattern Analyzer does only allow for one action before the check difficulty step.))

Still some fun shenanigans, but no BR, focus, and TL, or at least not in the way described.

That's how I played it anyway, mainly because the BR wouldn't have got me into arc while a boost might.

However, Heroic is ******* AWESOME! The law of averages suggests it shouldn't work, but it triggered several times per game and failed me once. On two occasions, it turned a four-blank attack (one torpedo one primary) into a four hit attack without spending a Focus. That alone justifies me continuing to run it, in my book!

12 hours ago, Bigstevo said:

At least for me, I'm waiting until I have the kit.

8 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

((Pattern Analyzer does only allow for one action before the check difficulty step.))

Still some fun shenanigans, but no BR, focus, and TL, or at least not in the way described.

The "performs one action" wording on Pattern Analyzer is exactly the same as coordinate (p.8).

1. Measure range from the coordinating ship to any friendly ships.
  2. Choose another friendly ship at range 1–2.
  3. The chosen ship performs one action.

Pattern Analyzer provides you one action, but does not rule out chaining an additional action from the first.  It also doesn't rule out the normal perform action step, but this is most often a moot point, since you will normally have a stress for the perform action step, due to having performed a red move.

Notably, Pattern Analyzer does not have the wording that Advanced Sensors does to prevent further actions.

So, I don't have a 3 T-70 list yet, but I can't help but dream of loading them all with Tractor Beam. Not only will I be able to move enemies into firing my arc, but I can zap my own ships to get them out of harms way. Not as reliable as the Quads, but I'm dang well going to try.

Edited by Force Majeure

42 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

So, I don't have a 3 T-70 list yet, but I can't help but dream of loading them all with Tractor Beam. Not only will I be able to move enemies into firing my arc, but I can zap my own ships to get them out of harms way. Not as reliable as the Quads, but I'm dang well going to try.

Without R5-TK, you can't attack your own ships, even with Tractor Beams.

(55) Nien Numb
(5) Pattern Analyzer
(0) Integrated S-foils
(1) Heroic
Points 61

(56) Ello Asty
(0) Integrated S-foils
(1) Heroic
Points 57

(68) Poe Dameron
(0) Integrated S-foils
(1) Heroic
(2) Black One
(2) R4 Astromech
(9) Proton Torpedoes
Points 82

Total points: 200

flew this last night, Ello and Poe didngood work. Nien got trapped and killed early so I didn’t get much value from him. My main finding is that Heroicnis pure 100% staple onto T70s. It mitigates those double blanks and makes them much much harder to kill. Procced  5 times last night. So good

ill probably change the list up, lose torps on Poe to put R5-X3 on Ello so he can t-roll around in the rocks for fun

Not yet. I’m not sure they are needed. Poe does fine with R4. Maybe even better than with bb-8. They also hike the cost as you ‘need’ to put primed thrusters on him too. 

I think R5-X3 is a better choice for Ello and Nien Nunb doesn’t want to be doing blue moves 

1 hour ago, BlodVargarna said:

Have people been trying BB astromechs?

You know I will be, at least until I've proven to myself that there are better options.  Anecdotal evidence or even statistical evidence won't mean jack to me.  I'll have to come to conclusions on my own.  Poe is uniquely suited to do some really cool stuff with the BB droids.  I can't say I'm happy about only two charges, though.

I flew two different proxied triple T-70 lists on a casual night this week with some really good Success!

The first list is below, I flew it against a double rebel YT-1300 list, Han and Lando list and the HLC's absolutely destroyed the large base ships:

Poe Dameron — T-70 X-Wing 68
Heroic 1
R4 Astromech 2
Integrated S-Foils 0
Black One 2
Hardpoint: Cannon 0
Heavy Laser Cannon 4
Ship Total: 77
Half Points: 39 Threshold: 4

Ello Asty — T-70 X-Wing 56
Heroic 1
Integrated S-Foils 0
Heavy Laser Cannon 4
Ship Total: 61
Half Points: 31 Threshold: 4

Nien Numb — T-70 X-Wing 55
Heroic 1
Integrated S-Foils 0
Heavy Laser Cannon 4
Ship Total: 60
Half Points: 30 Threshold: 4

The second list is below, I flew it against a quad Phantom list with Juke on each, this was a much closer match and he got half points on Nien and Ello but I blew up one phantom and got half points on two more , so not a decisive win, but a win:

Poe Dameron — T-70 X-Wing 68
Heroic 1
BB-8 8
Integrated S-Foils 0
Heavy Laser Cannon 4
Ship Total: 81
Half Points: 41 Threshold: 4

Ello Asty — T-70 X-Wing 56
Heroic 1
Integrated S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 57
Half Points: 29 Threshold: 4

Nien Numb — T-70 X-Wing 55
Heroic 1
Integrated S-Foils 0
Pattern Analyzer 5
Ship Total: 61
Half Points: 31 Threshold: 4

I liked both lists but I actually preferred the first list overall, I liked the poe build better but preferred Nien with pattern analyzer in the second as he was absolutely a beast and pulled out some sweet moves on clutch turns.

It was pretty good but I thought it felt like a 1 point upgrade since it didn't seem to trigger all that often, I don't think it triggered in the first game though probably partially because it was a fast game but triggered twice in the second game, one of the times I rolled 2 blanks into 2 evades and the second time rolled 2 blanks into focus, evade. (He juked both times but I was focused, it was the dream) Although I know those re-roll results were way above average. It didn't trigger at all on offense, but then again if it ever does, that's just gravy.

Edited by agenttherock