Sign in to follow this  
DHFrew3

BPRD vs. Moeller's Hermetics

I just played Moeller's Hermetics in a Story Mode game against a combined BPRD / Union squad on the Novgorod board.  It was a LOT of fun!  Thank you, Doc Savage!

The combined squad had Abe Sapien, Lobster Johnson, Ramirez, and two troopers.

We ran into a few questions...

1) When the Jackal's Hyenas attack someone on an adjacent path, what are the movement restrictions involved that are "exceptions" to the normal rules?

2) MUR 08 seems AWFULLY powerful.  Are we missing something?  What are its disadvantages?

3) When the Rustung Fallhammer gang up on a target, do they each have to fit onto available circles adjacent to the target?  What if there aren't enough adjacent circles?  Can they move through the target to reach an adjacent circle?

4) In one case, a Rustung Fallhammer attacked a target.  Another ape joined him on a second circle adjacent to the target.  This second circle was in smoke.  How does the attack work?  If the ape in the second circle is the attacker, his attack is reduced by 3 from 6 to 3, + 2 dice for having another ape, totaling 5 dice.  This is less than a sibgle ape attacking that is not in smoke.  If the ape not in the smoke is the primary attacker, does he still get 2 additional dice from his comrade in the smoke?  If so, then there is no smoke penalty.  How does this all work?

Thank you very much for the work it took to create these teams.  We are looking forward to the rest of the materials for the BPRD.

Don Frew

Oddly enough, I also just finished playing a game with these 2 factions. It was great. Doc Savage is a wonder to behold! MUR 08 is too powerful! His combat and stamina are huge and his automatic kill is icing on the cake. How do I eliminate this foe? Although I lost, it might have been the most fun fun I've had with the game in a while. I look forward to the next encounter.

Marcus

DHFrew3 said:

1) When the Jackal's Hyenas attack someone on an adjacent path, what are the movement restrictions involved that are "exceptions" to the normal rules?

2) MUR 08 seems AWFULLY powerful.  Are we missing something?  What are its disadvantages?

3) When the Rustung Fallhammer gang up on a target, do they each have to fit onto available circles adjacent to the target?  What if there aren't enough adjacent circles?  Can they move through the target to reach an adjacent circle?

4) In one case, a Rustung Fallhammer attacked a target.  Another ape joined him on a second circle adjacent to the target.  This second circle was in smoke.  How does the attack work?  If the ape in the second circle is the attacker, his attack is reduced by 3 from 6 to 3, + 2 dice for having another ape, totaling 5 dice.  This is less than a sibgle ape attacking that is not in smoke.  If the ape not in the smoke is the primary attacker, does he still get 2 additional dice from his comrade in the smoke?  If so, then there is no smoke penalty.  How does this all work?

Thanks, Don.

1) My intention with Follow the Scent was to allow the hyenas to be more than 5 circles away from Jackal as long as they were on the same or an adjacent path.

2) MUR08 has only three lives. Grenades are your friend, as are mental attacks.

3) You can only attack with as many figures as there are available circles.

4) You get to choose who is the primary attacker. I would choose the one not in smoke and get the 2 dice bonus from the other one.

I'm glad you liked them, but I can already see I will have to make changes for Tannhauser 2.0 so if anyone else has comments, let me know.

I think it would be safer to wait until having the full rulebook before starting updating V1 token/effetcs. I'm quite sure that the equipement section will  have some nice new tricks too ! babeo.gif

Plageman said:

I think it would be safer to wait until having the full rulebook before starting updating V1 token/effetcs. I'm quite sure that the equipement section will  have some nice new tricks too ! babeo.gif

That is exactly why I have been dormant... I don't want to redo more than I need to. I'll get the new rules and then start redoing what is needed.