Shadow345

Could they save the game by getting rid of the scum faction?

7 hours ago, force kin said:

I totally agree. 

Scum sucks. This game should have stayed actual star wars. 

They are stupid, cartoony characters and ships and their abilities and stats are terrible. 

Delete the scum faction, keep a few upgrades like Autothrusters, tweak the costs of a few ships and we'd be there. 

"Actual Star Wars" being?

There are more NAMED scum pilots in the "films" than there are named Imperial pilots...

11 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

That's like saying someone must have lost at the Indy 500 cuz they realize their "check engine" light is on.

Well, some people around here do seem to treat losing a game of X-Wing like they've just lost an F1 Grand Prix under contentious circumstances (replaced the Indy with a racing event people actually care about to emphasize the point).

Edited by FTS Gecko

6 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Well, some people around here do seem to treat losing a game of X-Wing like they've just lost an F1 Grand Prix under contentious circumstances (replaced the Indy with a racing event people actually care about to emphasize the point).

Agreed and race of choice based on personal geographic location (US Midwest) :)

15 hours ago, force kin said:

I totally agree. 

They are stupid, cartoony characters and ships and their abilities and stats are terrible. 

Delete the scum faction, keep a few upgrades like Autothrusters, tweak the costs of a few ships and we'd be there. 

HahahahahahahA oh man, thanks for the laugh lol 

Wants game to be "actual Star Wars" but wants to remove scum & villainy characters lol

Never going to happen *jabba laugh* 

An_angry_Jabba.jpg

ps: Han Solo is, actually, a scum...

Who Simpatyze for Rebellion, but still a Scum. In fact, the only 2 things that pushed him to Rebellion side is Leia, and the hate for the Imperium. Not precisely the love for Rebels.

Edited by Cerve

6 hours ago, Cerve said:

ps: Han Solo is, actually, a scum...

Who Simpatyze for Rebellion, but still a Scum. In fact, the only 2 things that pushed him to Rebellion side is Leia, and the hate for the Imperium. Not precisely the love for Rebels.

In episode 4 I'd probably call him closer to scum, but by RotJ he's a General in the rebellions, so...

41 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

In episode 4 I'd probably call him closer to scum, but by RotJ he's a General in the rebellions, so...

Still a scum.

In fact, in a certain way.....all Rebels are "scum" :)

Edited by Cerve

47 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

and then in Episode 7 he's a smuggler again and not part of the rebellion...

23 hours ago, force kin said:

I totally agree. 

Wait... you've- <cough...I can't believe I have to ask this>... you've WATCHED Star Wars, right?

5 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

There is precisely 1 scum ship in the movies. 

Y-wings (not as scum, but still recognizable). Firespray.  Quadjumper.  That's 3 already.  And the lancer is in rebels.  I believe the YV and z95 are in clone wars?

Edited by VanderLegion

54 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Y-wings (not as scum, but still recognizable). Firespray.  Quadjumper.  That's 3 already.  And the lancer is in rebels.  I believe the YV and z95 are in clone wars?

There was precisely 1 scum ship in the original trilogy. TFA quad jumper is a real stretch to count as appearing but ok I'll give you that. Y wings were rebel ships. Rebels cartoon (I'm a fan) is not a film. 

19 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

There was precisely 1 scum ship in the original trilogy. TFA quad jumper is a real stretch to count as appearing but ok I'll give you that. Y wings were rebel ships. Rebels cartoon (I'm a fan) is not a film. 

If the argument is that scum ships aren't recognizable due to not being in the movies, it doesn't matter if the ywings in the movies themselves weren't scum ships. People will still be able to recognize a ywing on the table even if it's a scum one. 

On 27/02/2017 at 4:48 PM, FTS Gecko said:

...amazing seeing people saying this, considering just how widely derided/ignored Mindlink was upon it's release. Shared stress still limits your list's movement options, and prevents repositioning actions.

There's nothing quite like a good old kneejerk reaction though, is there?

Totally agree. I stopped building Mindlink lists after 2016's worlds as better players than me proved my point to the world. Which simply was; it is not "another scum dud" as so many people wrote it off to be.

Funny thing though; remember Keyan Farlander? Oh, the tantrums about how stress now doesn't matter and destroying a core mechanic of the game that were thrown. Where's Keyan now? Somewhere in my card binder...