Sign in to follow this  
Glucose98

Kill the Players Compilation!

I think it'd be useful to collect anecdotal evidence from people who have run this game about what event / invader / spawning combinations people used to take down their players on particular missions.  I ran mission 1 over the past weekend and was completely decimated as the invader.  Turns out its generally agreed (even by the designer) that mission 1 with the suggested cards is pretty favorable for the marines.   I know having the imps spawn in close quarters with the chainsaw was a terrible time for myself.  The designer suggested as a soft nerf to remove a handful of the early health packs from the mission set up to balance it better.  I'm sure running a different set of demons would also help (and not provide Imp fodder for the chainsaw)

Anyway -- any advice from successful invaders on what you ran or what strategies you employed on any particular mission to slaughter your players? 

I actually failed that initial mission :P

Ran head first and imps swarmed us.  I took over my friends character after he had a family thing to attend to, and came back after a near loss, or so I thought. The imps and Revenant holing up at the end of the hallway was enough to obliterate my marines for the final frag token.

4 hours ago, Psionics313 said:

I actually failed that initial mission :P

Ran head first and imps swarmed us.  I took over my friends character after he had a family thing to attend to, and came back after a near loss, or so I thought. The imps and Revenant holing up at the end of the hallway was enough to obliterate my marines for the final frag token.

Very similar to our story on the weekend. Revenant + Onslaught is particularly disquieting, especially if you've activated the argent ability too.

That bottleneck at the top left the marines in a real pickle against a large volume of argent infused imps and a grumpy Mr Funnybones. The big thing that got me the win on mission 1 was the marines taking too long to move into the last room - an extra round of argent energy makes a not-insubstantial difference as it turns out. Revanants are rather more aggressive and sturdy than their old Doom boardgame equivalents, and this was noted with much consternation.