Sign in to follow this  
J Viz

Favourite small base ace

Hi all

Just interested to see what peoples favourite or 'go to' ace pilot is. I'm keen to limit it to small base to avoid bringing in large base 60+ point aces which are just one ship wrecking crews.

Also looking to consider value for points as well - i.e. 48 point Corran is popular but is he 13 points better than a 35 point Soontir build? In trying to think about it i'm considering that foe head to heads initiative would work the same as for regular games to lower points would get initiative choices.

I got thinking about it as I used a list recently where overall over the 5 game tourney my 33 point Jake pretty much had to carry a 45 point Poe so I was wondering what other people favourite aces were

Fenn Rau by a mile. Just like Soontir, but better and can joust in certain situations in addition to dodging. Cannot be ignored, does huge damage, not too expensive, flexible enough to use with different setups and wingmen, green hard turn, great speed, great action bar, can be the key player or the sidekick to taste... He's all I can ask for in my favorite ace.

5 hours ago, Yoda Man said:

Fat backdraft with sensor cluster, expertise, lightweight frame, FCS, spec ops.

Did not expect anyone to choose a spec ops tie, I like your style

Poe with Lone Wolf, Pattern Analyzer, Black One, R5-P9 and Autothrusters. In the late game, he can be incredibly hard to take out. Wedge is also a favorite, but I'm biased towards X-Wings