Sign in to follow this  
Rasputindarksyde

Hanger bay

You got 2 lists.

Setup you place both lists side by side, you can also see opponent's 2 lists. You then pick a list with your maneuver dial (1 is left 2 is right I think) , then reveal picks simultaneously.

Fly something like Parattani and Triple K bombs and watch your opponent go into Analysis Paralysis.

It's done very informally, in pods of 8.  Following an outline, the players basically run their own tournament, including keeping time.  TOs are still available, though.  Picking the list is done, as spacelion said, by choosing a "1" or "2" speed maneuver.  You just make it clear to your opponent which squad is 1 and which is 2 beforehand.

When building squads, no upgrades or pilots may be duplicated between the lists.  I believe that also extends to a unique pilot in one list cannot be a crew card in the other list.  The same obstacles and damage deck are used for both lists, however.

No, it means between lists. Example : You have Sabine bombs in Squad 1, you cannot have Scum Sabine in Squad 2.

You can have multiple generics of the same name in either list.

Edited by spacelion

So far it is simply bring two lists. You and your opponent plays with one, then swaps out for their other the next game.

There is no exact ruling on how lists are selected. Some say whoever has initiative by MOV or SoS chooses the list. Or the simultaneous list selection (red for 1st list green for second).

My favorite is more of a variation where the two lists are separate factions and you always play against a different faction. If you both brought scum, then your scum list will play against your opponent's non-scum list and visa verse. And in the elimination it takes some ques from Android Netrunner by person playing the list they have played the fewest. 

I don't suppose anyone has a link to or pdf of the Hangar Bay schedule sheets used at the System Opens, do they?

I get the feeling it would be a really good format to run small store tournaments or for casual tournaments between small groups of friends - it would be good to have the resource available!

At Yavin, the Hangar Bay only had a general start time, no actual schedule. Once you had your Pod of 8 people, you could all start whenever you wanted. Timed your own games, filled in the sheet they gave out yourselves. The sheet had a small bracket system on it and each player had a number. So 1 and 2 would play, 3 and 4 would play and so on. Then depending on who won, you'd get paired up against another winner/loser, depending on the sheet.

And the list rules were (although not strictly enforced by judges coming around or checking lists):
1. You make two 100pt lists (they can be the same faction).
2. The two lists cannot share any of the same pilots/ships/cards (for example, PTL can be in one list but not another)
3. Start of each game (again, not strictly enforced), you place each list down, and then you use a dial to pick which one you are using.

5 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

I don't suppose anyone has a link to or pdf of the Hangar Bay schedule sheets used at the System Opens, do they?

I get the feeling it would be a really good format to run small store tournaments or for casual tournaments between small groups of friends - it would be good to have the resource available!

I9vTpMS.jpgSuq8Mfj.jpg

6 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

It's probably worth trying to contact the organised play guys and asking for the pdf, I don't see any reason for them to withhold it.

9 hours ago, InterceptorMad said:

At Yavin, the Hangar Bay only had a general start time, no actual schedule. Once you had your Pod of 8 people, you could all start whenever you wanted. Timed your own games, filled in the sheet they gave out yourselves. The sheet had a small bracket system on it and each player had a number. So 1 and 2 would play, 3 and 4 would play and so on. Then depending on who won, you'd get paired up against another winner/loser, depending on the sheet.

And the list rules were (although not strictly enforced by judges coming around or checking lists):
1. You make two 100pt lists (they can be the same faction).
2. The two lists cannot share any of the same pilots/ships/cards (for example, PTL can be in one list but not another)
3. Start of each game (again, not strictly enforced), you place each list down, and then you use a dial to pick which one you are using.

But you can have multiples of the same pilot/ship/upgrades on the same squad?

1 hour ago, Hawkstrike said:

Holy smokes! I was in that pod at Kashyyyk! Finished with the most epic final salvo EVAR!

Haha that's funny, yeah I just went up and took a picture of one because all the blanks were gone by that time and I wanted to have the format for local tourneys.