kaosoe

New article is up for Disciples of Harmony

I ok with the species, solid choices, if not my preference I am so so looking forward to the consular book.   the Arcanian is tempting.  So far I've been a bit disappointed by every book I've eagerly awaited, and pleasantly surprised by every book (except lead by example) that I haven't over hyped.  I thought no disintegrations was a bit of a let down, but rereading it, it's a lot better than my first take on it.  

The hype I'm giving the consular book is that the arbiter will be a reverse image of the sentinel's:sentry but melee instead of ranged and designed to synergize well with the niman-disciple (more social, another defensive training, maybe some dodge, and hopefully more talents that key off of will,  I would love for it to get force of will and maybe another something like constant vigilance, some coercion/negotiation based talents).

So far the build I've got planned is a consular:niman disciple/martial artist and either force sensitive emergent or arbiter as an eventual third spec

as of Max Brooke's appearance on Episode 96 (Bounty Hunting for Fun and Profit) of the order 66 podcast, unarmed parry works as long as you have one free hand, so saving me some strain on parry, and a mind over matter to recover strain equal to willpower (totally awesome due to niman technique) and imagine this for a moment a shaolin monk of a Jedi doing telekinetic space kung-fu with a lightsaber mixed in, you draw closer, swing and if you miss you can fluff force assault as an open palm strike that sends the opponent sliding backward out into short range in stereotypical kung-fu movie style and then he motions "come here, again" with his hand.    That's just too cool an image to not love.

Unrelated... a soresu defender with a dip into martial artist is a pretty kick ass combo,  unarmed parry and supreme parry means you only spend 1 strain per parry, and you've got improved parry for your attacks with 2 ranks of defensive stanse an the sense defense upgrade, 2 red and a purple for 2 strain per round to make triggering improved parry a lot more likely and you haven't used your action every round, yeah the 2 strain per round for defensive stance is a bit or a drag

22 hours ago, Shlambate said:

They might show up in the mystic book, but I have a feeling Warrior is coming next, because if it didn't it would break the pattern of Absol's favorite class book coming out last.

It won't because I NEEDS IT! I WANTS IT! The warrior book  that is. :D

23 hours ago, Shlambate said:

They might show up in the mystic book, but I have a feeling Warrior is coming next, because if it didn't it would break the pattern of Absol's favorite class book coming out last.

It's seriously uncanny at this point.  How is it possible that my favorite career from all three lines is the last career book they do?  What are the odds of that? 

Well, me being me, I can tell you the odds of that :P !

So, assuming a more-or-less random selection of the order of career books, my favorite on a single line being last has a 1/6 chance, or roughly 16.67%.  Not likely, but not especially notable if it happens. 

Across three lines, though, the odds are (1/6)3, or 1/216, or roughly 0.46%!

I'm just sayin'... :P

Although Max had said that the release order of the books were not random. They intentionally loaded some of the more anticipated books near the bad and some of the lesser ones in the front and middle.

I didn't get the impression that was universally true, but he did specifically say that it was intentional that the BH book was last for EotE for that reason.

On 19.4.2017 at 11:08 PM, Absol197 said:

So, assuming a more-or-less random selection of the order of career books, my favorite on a single line being last has a 1/6 chance, or roughly 16.67%.  Not likely, but not especially notable if it happens. 

Across three lines, though, the odds are (1/6)3, or 1/216, or roughly 0.46%!

And that is where your mistake is: it is NOT random, it is karmic. As far as the reason is concerned, you have to find that out on your own. I suggest a quest to a remote corner of the Galaxy that will not only lead you to understand why your books come out last, but will also guide you to the perfect crystal for your lightsaber. ;)

Edited by Spraug

3 hours ago, Spraug said:

And that is where your mistake is: it is NOT random, it is karmic. As far as the reason is concerned, you have to find that out on your own. I suggest a quest to a remote corner of the Galaxy that will not only lead you to understand why your books come out last, but will also guide you to the perfect crystal for your lightsaber. ;)

Are you suggesting the Prophet has Karmic issues preposterous! It is simply the will of the force!;) 

On 23.4.2017 at 4:04 PM, Shlambate said:

Are you suggesting the Prophet has Karmic issues preposterous! It is simply the will of the force!;) 

Of course it is karmic: you cannot escape your destiny :D

On 4/24/2017 at 7:21 PM, EliasWindrider said:

I think the emperor famously said "everything is unfolding as I have foreseen it" he was a "prophet" with Karmic issues and look where it got him (thrown down a bottomless pit)

You are wrong....the pit had a bottom....It was at the reactor core....Why he had a shaft from his Throne Room to the reactor core I don't know... Seems like it would make your throne room more Proton Torpedo bait than it already is...

Edited by Daeglan

1 hour ago, Daeglan said:

You are wrong....the pit had a bottom....It was at the reactor core....Why he had a shaft from his Throne Room to the reactor core I don't know... Seems like it would make your throne room more Proton Torpedo bait than it already is...

Industrialist design chic was at its height during the Rebellion era.

Well, given that the Death Star 2 was 160km in diameter, that means Palpatine had to fall 80km to get to the center. The terminal velocity of a human is roughly 50m/s, so it would have taken about 27 minutes for him to actually reach the center. That means when the Death Star exploded he was still falling.

Edited by Aetrion

51 minutes ago, Blackbird888 said:

I distinctly remember watching Sidious explode.

There's some kind of energy discharge moments after he disappears from view, but he's not on screen when it happens.

Maybe he hit a power coupling on the way down.

I preordered this too!  Getting a little tired of waiting since it's now May 14th, 5 months seems over kill.  I think this will be my last preorder!

That makes sense, but I think another explanation is even more likely: that's not his throne room.  Or at least, not what it's supposed to look like when the Death Star is finished. 

Remember, the Death Star 2 is not yet completed, and the construction crew had no idea the Emperor was coming to personally oversee the rest of the construction.  They didn't know they'd need a completed and furnished Royal Chamber yet, so why would they focus on finishing that part which is, honestly, cosmetic, when there have to still be functional mechanical things that need finishing? 

Either that is the Throne Room and it's incomplete because the station is incomplete, or it's not the Throne Room and when they heard he was coming they hurriedly put together a temporary place for him to observe from until his actual digs were finished. 

Edited by Absol197

Does anyone else find it weird that they have completely neglected the impact of gravity and the vacuum of space in the construction of Death Star II? I mean, there are massive gaps clearly exposed to the vacuum of space where the construction is still ongoing...

Edited by masterstrider

6 hours ago, masterstrider said:

Does anyone else find it weird that they have completely neglected the impact of gravity and the vacuum of space in the construction of Death Star II? I mean, there are massive gaps clearly exposed to the vacuum of space where the construction is still ongoing...

If I recall from those cross section books I loved when my age was still in the single digits, there are entire sections, even in the complete Death Star that are vacuum (or at least they didn't go to the effort of pressurising them). Most of both Death Stars is eaten up by reactors and cables.

The main gravity issue I see is the fact you have a thing made of metal the size of a moon - its going to have a gravitational pull, so they should be on it as if it were a spherical object, not a building with a defined up and down (and don't get me started on the destroying of Alderaan - all that debris is going to go in one direction: the Death Star, thanks be to gravity).

6 hours ago, masterstrider said:

What are they going to do, build a planet-sized drydock for the moon-sized station?

Nah, you can build stuff in vacuum just fine. And gravity is clearly not a technological hurdle in Star Wars. The ships all have artificial gravity, even the starfighters. Look at Anakin's long hair during the opening of Episode 3. It doesn't float around. That tiny fighter has artificial gravity.

@ BipolarJuice and Stan Fresh: I meant it from the point of view of a living person...i.e. the Emperor, is hanging around near a vent shaft while Vader and Luke fight each other. I hope that vent shaft doesn't connect to the said vacuum parts of the space station.