Enormously Fat Man

EFM Salvage

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Yeah, Kirby Dots are a nice graphical effect for distortion or otherwise making something interesting without much effort, if you use a toothbrush. Paint dripping is also another method.

This is a piece I like to work on from time to time. I didn't give it the normal priming so I can do that. Therefore, the surface is a bit slick sometimes, but it's fine since it allows me to work on it piecemeal as a way to cool off between projects. Right now I'm trying different grey+purple combos to give Boba's gun that flare that'll help offset it from the yellow hull and neon shoulderpads. When it's done, Fett will be holding the balloons for the Party Bus (RIP Zuckuss). Might actually paint a tombstone for the little guy now.

I started this way back before I got an airbrush, which was just about a month ago and the first project I did with it was the Lancer Miku. That means I can probably mask off the wings and top and do a much faster and easier rework than with the brush.

Edited by Enormously Fat Man
ianmiddy and Kleeg005 like this

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:37 PM, Force Majeure said:

I can't say why there seems to be a stigma against decals within this little painting community. Or at least, that's the impression that I get, but personally, I think they're fine.

I use decals all the time on my repaints.  But EFM has got me dusted in the painting department.

Posted (edited)

On 3/12/2017 at 8:44 PM, ozmodon said:

While the paint jobs look good, they don't give off a Star Wars vibe for me.

That's fine. I did them in another style I've been enjoying. Lots of people do the spartan star wars style. Personally, I don't see much of a point since the stock paintjobs already come that way.

Someone asked me to take a picture of the squad in action the other day. I have them here with a contracted scout and Frau to account for the upcoming FAQ.

Edited by Enormously Fat Man

On 2/21/2017 at 2:28 PM, Enormously Fat Man said:

Hello all. I paint x-wing minis from time to time and would like to share them here. Hope you like loud colors, since that's what they tend to be.

Where did the pics go?

By the old gods and the new! ... ah sry wrong theme ... Sithspawn! Where are the pictures!

On 6/14/2017 at 0:35 PM, drail14me said:

Where did the pics go?

On 6/14/2017 at 1:13 PM, Force Majeure said:

They pulled a Obi Wan on us and vanished!

On 6/15/2017 at 4:34 AM, SOLAR FLARE said:

By the old gods and the new! ... ah sry wrong theme ... Sithspawn! Where are the pictures!

On 6/15/2017 at 8:58 AM, Vindicare101 said:

I can't see anything ? Has the image hosting messed up? I wanna see the pretty ships... 

I want to see what all the rage is about! Were are the pictures?

Posted (edited)

Actually, it was a Shadowcaster with really cool anime decals that had some people believing that it might possibly have been painted on. Either way, it looked maaavelous. There was also a Tie Advanced Prototype done with a turn of the century or WWI, almost steampunk feel to it. Some other ship too, but I can't remember. Enormously Fat Man came out swinging with a really unique aesthetic that left as quick as it showed up, like Haley's comet.

He'll be back... one day...

Edited by Force Majeure
Kleeg005 likes this

18 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Actually, it was a Shadowcaster with really cool anime decals that had some people believing that it might possibly have been painted on. Either way, it looked maaavelous. There was also a Tie Advanced Prototype done with a turn of the century or WWI, almost steampunk feel to it. Some other ship too, but I can't remember. Enormously Fat Man came out swinging with a really unique aesthetic that left as quick as it showed up, like Haley's comet.

Was it a cloaked Shadowcaster? Cause if its a cloaked Shadowcaster, this is an impressive paint job...

Force Majeure likes this

On 12/07/2017 at 0:14 PM, Force Majeure said:

...  like Haley's comet.

76 years from now. 

Force Majeure likes this