Sign in to follow this  
iGniGhted

**Upcoming Player Card Spoilers: High XP Cards

13 minutes ago, jaqenZann said:

Hmm, good point.  Maybe we need to see french versions of the current exile cards.  8 XP does seem like a lot for a single use though.

For the ability to take double actions for all Investigators? Or not draw encounter cards and have no Doom added? Or skip all enemy attacks? Or to be a troll and have enemies attack twice? Worth it =)

25 minutes ago, iGniGhted said:

i'm unsure. Exile/Remove might have the same meaning in french.

We should get a French bloke on this then. I'll pm 13nrv from the lotr lcg forum. He's French. I think he'll gladly help out.

edit: pm sent. hope he'll be online anytime soon. haven't heard from him in a while.

Edited by Noccus

19 minutes ago, Network57 said:

For the ability to take double actions for all Investigators? Or not draw encounter cards and have no Doom added? Or skip all enemy attacks? Or to be a troll and have enemies attack twice? Worth it =)

i agree, that's basically the ability to turn around a losing game, or make a difficult scenario an easy win i'd honestly pay 8 for that. if it's once per game, i'd spend my first 8 on it every campaign.

19 minutes ago, Network57 said:

Just now, iGniGhted said:

i agree, that's basically the ability to turn around a losing game, or make a difficult scenario an easy win i'd honestly pay 8 for that. if it's once per game, i'd spend my first 8 on it every campaign.

I wasn't thinking it was all investigators, oops!  Also I was just thinking that XP seems less abundant in Dunwich, though I know people tend to do better than I do.  I guess the other way would make it too good though.

1 hour ago, iGniGhted said:

Tommy Gun seems insane.. with Leo and Skids O'Toole, you have the potential for a +10 along with the new Vicious Blow that's 5 damage in 1 horrible machine gun blast.

Yea tommy gun is looking really good as well. Just don't draw the auto fail with all those actions pumped in :wacko:

And thanks for the spoilers btw ignighted.

2 hours ago, Noccus said:

We should get a French bloke on this then. I'll pm 13nrv from the lotr lcg forum. He's French. I think he'll gladly help out.

edit: pm sent. hope he'll be online anytime soon. haven't heard from him in a while.

Yop, i'am french and i try to explain you :

exile -> you do re-buy (cost's xp) the card to get it on next scenario

remove -> you remove the card, but, at the end of the game, you add it in your deck for the next game

7 hours ago, iGniGhted said:

Makes it actually feasible to full clear Masks...

The French cards use "bannir" (and it conjugated forms, of course) for "exile". So the Watch is only removed. By the way, I'm French as well.

4 hours ago, Xenu's Paradox said:

Makes it actually feasible to full clear Masks...

If you're talking about Masks of Midnight, the Watch is not necessary to get all 6 cultists (it would help a lot, though). Also, it's barely possible to gain 8 XP from The Gathering (there are 4 VP on enemies, 2 on locations and the scenario gives you 2 or 3 extra XP). And if you can clear The Gathering at that level, you should be good to go for Masks of Midnight.

4 hours ago, LionCub said:

Am I the only one concerned that a packaging mistake has happened? I hope that doesn't happen to the two packs I'm picking up.

These kind of mistakes get fixed pretty quickly.  Even though the packs are "sold out", FFG always has some stock set aside for customer service issues.  So you need only open a service ticket and you'll likely have your new cards/pack mailed within 48 hours.

30 minutes ago, SuperMarino said:

These kind of mistakes get fixed pretty quickly.  Even though the packs are "sold out", FFG always has some stock set aside for customer service issues.  So you need only open a service ticket and you'll likely have your new cards/pack mailed within 48 hours.

Hopefully, the package we get over here in Norway are fine. We are going on a trip shortly after I get my hands on them, and we are bringing with us Arkham Horror the card game to play where we are going so if the packs we get aren't serviceable for play then and there that would not be very cool =p

On 2017. 02. 22. at 10:19 AM, LionCub said:

Am I the only one concerned that a packaging mistake has happened? I hope that doesn't happen to the two packs I'm picking up.

Having the opportunity to get future expansions before the rest... Priceless?!

Just imagine the price you can ask for those cards on Ebay... you could buy several copies from actual expansion and/or Core ;)

On 2/22/2017 at 2:25 AM, Khudzlin said:

The French cards use "bannir" (and it conjugated forms, of course) for "exile". So the Watch is only removed. By the way, I'm French as well.

If you're talking about Masks of Midnight, the Watch is not necessary to get all 6 cultists (it would help a lot, though). Also, it's barely possible to gain 8 XP from The Gathering (there are 4 VP on enemies, 2 on locations and the scenario gives you 2 or 3 extra XP). And if you can clear The Gathering at that level, you should be good to go for Masks of Midnight.

My group managed to get 8 xp from the Gathering, then got our butts handed to us on Midnight Masks and barely managed to get 2 cultists.  We had really good draws in the 1st scenario and rather poor in the 2nd.

On the new cards, I think the upgraded Aqunnah seems kind of lame.  I'm not sure that she's worth the extra xp over the level 1 version.  Most of the rest of the cards seem to range from decent to amazing.  The watch and the new weapons all seem great.

I think some people might be rating the red-gloved man a little highly, though.  He's only going to be around for one turn, and with one action being needed to play him, that's only two to use his skill bonus.  He'll probably be better in a Skids deck, though, since he can get an extra action out of him.

1 hour ago, Vlad3theImpaler said:

On the new cards, I think the upgraded Aqunnah seems kind of lame.  I'm not sure that she's worth the extra xp over the level 1 version.  

See it's funny you say that because I think she goes from mostly situational to pretty useful. I've found with her previously you really needed 3 or 4 monsters at your location to get good use out of Aquinnah, since you might kill 1 or 2 monsters on your turn. Then you'd need still need 2 left over in your location for her ability to work. With the new one you can just reflect damage back on to one monster, which makes her useful for all kinds of things (like monsters that appear from Act or Agenda advancing that you can't react to). Maybe that's just me though, I don't play much Wendy so I usually look at her as one of the cards Agnes or Ashcan can buy. 

2 hours ago, Vlad3theImpaler said:

I think some people might be rating the red-gloved man a little highly, though.  He's only going to be around for one turn, and with one action being needed to play him, that's only two to use his skill bonus.

You missed that he is fast. He really is that amazing.

3 hours ago, Khudzlin said:

he's also around for the mythos phase, potentially giving you another test at 6.

New Aquinnah is amazing compared to the original. 2-3 enemies can potential kill one another or even themselves.

On 2/24/2017 at 8:23 AM, VermillionDe said:

See it's funny you say that because I think she goes from mostly situational to pretty useful. I've found with her previously you really needed 3 or 4 monsters at your location to get good use out of Aquinnah, since you might kill 1 or 2 monsters on your turn. Then you'd need still need 2 left over in your location for her ability to work. With the new one you can just reflect damage back on to one monster, which makes her useful for all kinds of things (like monsters that appear from Act or Agenda advancing that you can't react to). Maybe that's just me though, I don't play much Wendy so I usually look at her as one of the cards Agnes or Ashcan can buy. 

Oh!  I missed the change in the wording on this version.  I thought the xp was just for the reduced cost and extra icon, which is why I was thinking it was kind of lame.  Being able to reflect the damage of a single large enemy back at itself is pretty nice.

On 2/24/2017 at 8:34 AM, Khudzlin said:

And I apparently missed that, too.

Aquinnah needed the buff I think if she's going to be played.   I don't think I've ever had her on the table.  She's a good card but, in the wrong sphere (Im talking about the original), because what Survivor goes around places with multiple enemies hanging out?   This upgrade is going to change all that, allowing Survivors to take actions where weak enemies are because Aquinnah will have their backs.   It's going to be really useful.  

The Man with Red Gloves is...hm... he's allright.  I'm sure he is going to slot right in to a certain type of deck.   I can already visualize the RM Scavenging tMwRG recursion deck.   Overall I'm thinking not everybody is going to run him.   I dunno,  maybe.  It's a good card,  I'm not sure exactly how it fits with all the AH pieces yet.  Tough to say if tMwRG is worth paying the *real* cost of overwriting the ally that you probably already have in play, for his bonuses.

3 minutes ago, awp832 said:

Tough to say if tMwRG is worth paying the *real* cost of overwriting the ally that you probably already have in play, for his bonuses.

Well, that depends on how many copies of Charisma you invested in beforehand.

Well, that's the real thing, isn't it?   Are you going to invest in  Charisma just so you can drop down The Man with Red Gloves when you draw him and avoid that penalty?   Or are you going to be trying to run 2 allies most of the time since you paid for Charisma?  If you do, that  brings you back to the same problem with the Man with Red Gloves taking your ally slot.

It also depends on how long you keep those allies around. If the goal is to keep the allies around as long as possible (like Leo de Luca or Peter Sylvestre), then yeah, you have a problem. However, if you are planning to discard them eventually (like Guard Dog or Beat Cop), then The Red-Gloved Man is just another disposable ally and you'll probably have openings to play him.

personally, i agree with Khudzlin, he's going to work in some decks and not others.

i can see him working well in my disposable ally deck with Agnes, which has Arcane Initiates, Stray Cats, and an arcane initiate. as i'm not going to be keeping these allies, or caring that they leave play more often, i can easily splash him in. blow Arcane Initiate's ability, then killer her off or replace her with one of the above, and you're not really losing much in the regards to cohesiveness. 

Beat Cop and Guard Dog are more of an investment honestly, as they're giving you damage sinks as well as static buffs, especially when you factor in the new card that lets us heal allies, that guard dog might be better off staying on the table longer now, and that +1 to fight from Beat Cop can stick around longer.