Sign in to follow this  
iGniGhted

**Upcoming Player Card Spoilers: High XP Cards

Looks like an accidental pre release in the french player cards.

Finally able to get them all translated and stuff.

Some absolute incredible cards here..

><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<

az123.jpg.1e390c3dce609cdc69025c4cc35536dc.jpg

><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<><>o<

Aquinnah

Level 3

Cost 4

Icons: Willpower, Agility

Ally

Reaction. When an enemy attacks you, exhaust Aquinnah and deal 1 horror to her: Deal that enemy's damage to an enemy at your location, instead. (You still take horror dealt by the attack.)

Try and retry (Try and Try Again?)

Level 3

Cost 3

Icons: Willpower

Reaction. After you fail a test, if one of your skill cards was committed to the test, exhaust Try and Retry and return that Skill card back in your hand.

The Red Gloved Man

Level 5

Cost 2

Icons: Wild

Ally

Fast. When The Red Gloved Man enters play, choose 2 of your skills, treat the value of these skills as 6 while he is in play. 4/4 health/sanity. Discard after the next Mythos phase.

az12311.jpg.ae391aedf5bad98fb1ca18a11494da8f.jpg

Spell of protection

Level 5

Cost 1

Icons: Willpower, Wild
Fast. Play when you draw a non-weakness treachery card.
Cancel that card's revelation effect and discard it. Then, take 1 horror..

Shrivelling

Level 5

Cost 3

Icons: Will, Fight, Fight
Arcane Slot. Spell. 4 charges. Fight: Uses Willpower. +3 Willpower for this test. +2 damage if succeed. 2 horror if Skull, Tablet, Elder Thing, Autofail, Cultist.

Dr William T Maleson

1 Cost

Icons: Willpower

Ally

Reaction. When you draw an encounter card, exhaust Dr William T Maleson and place one of your clues on your location. Cancel the draw of the card and shuffle it back in the encounter deck. Then, draw another card from the encounter deck

Decrypt Reality

Level 5

Cost 4

Icons: Intellect, Intellect, Willpower

Investigate: The difficulty of this test is equal to the highest one from all revealed locations in play. If you pass, discover one clue from all locations in play

azzz10101012223.jpg.71db9aaf9e71dd0f030cbbad75f57fe2.jpg

Tommy Gun

Level 4

Cost 5

Icons: Fight, Fight

Object. Armed. Firearm. Illicit.
Uses (4 ammunition).
Spend 1 ammo: Fight. You can spend any number of additional actions when you make this attack. You gain +2 for this attack for each action you spend (including the cost of that ability). This attack inflicts +2 damage. (I seem to have seen an S at the end.)
2 hands

Gold Pocket Watch

Level 5

Cost 2

Icons:  Willpower,  Wild

Object. Relic.
Exceptional. ( costs 8 XP and it's limited to 1 per deck.)
When a phase begins, remove from the game The Gold Pocket Watch: skip this phase.
When a phase ends, remove from the Gold Gusset Watch: repeat this phas
e.

Monster Slayer

Level 5

Cost 5

Icons: Fight, Wild

Expert.
Combat. If this attack is successful against a non-Elite enemy, this enemy is defeated.

Lightning Gun

Level 5

Cost 6

Icons: Intellect, Fight

(3 Uses)

Action : Fight. Spend 1 resource. You get +5 combat for this attack. This attack deals +2 damage.

Vicious Blow
Level 2

Icons: Fight, Fight

Trained. Expert.

If this skill check is successful during an attack, this attack inflicts +1 damage (+2 damage instead on success with a difference of 2 or more).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Very hard to read the top row of cards!

Edit: i was able to translate the top row of cards now

and i couldn't believe what i read when i saw Gold Pocket Watch... 8 XP for a game-breaking effect. i love it.

Edited by iGniGhted
Updated Translations

How did this happen ??? Wow. Thanks for sharing!

By the way - the translation of Gold pocket watch should probably read " When a phase ends, remove Gold Pocket Watch from the game: repeat this phase. "

It's a packaging error, most likely. About Decrypt Reality: the difficulty is the highest shroud value among revealed locations in play, and if you succeed, you discover 1 clue from each revealed location in play (not from unrevealed locations). The first spell is Ward of Protection (same name as the one in the Core Set). And I think the Survivor asset is Try and Try Again (it seems to be an idiomatic expression in English).

First off, thanks for sharing and for the translation efforts. This is really cool to see. 

Second, maybe I'm confused? Does anyone see the benefit to the new Ward of Protection? Because either I'm not understanding something in the new wording or I'm using the current version incorrectly. The current version (to my understanding) just cancels the effect of the revelation, but for the vast majority of treachery cards that section has the part that puts it into play someplace so it can stick around long enough to have an effect, or it contains the negative effect you're trying to avoid. I'm not sure how adding the wording about discarding the card is helpful?

15 minutes ago, VermillionDe said:

First off, thanks for sharing and for the translation efforts. This is really cool to see. 

Second, maybe I'm confused? Does anyone see the benefit to the new Ward of Protection? Because either I'm not understanding something in the new wording or I'm using the current version incorrectly. The current version (to my understanding) just cancels the effect of the revelation, but for the vast majority of treachery cards that section has the part that puts it into play someplace so it can stick around long enough to have an effect, or it contains the negative effect you're trying to avoid. I'm not sure how adding the wording about discarding the card is helpful?

You don't have to draw a new encounter card I believe.

14 minutes ago, VermillionDe said:

The translation appears to be wrong. The upgraded version says to cancel all effects of any non-Weakness Encounter card.

1 minute ago, Network57 said:

The translation appears to be wrong. The upgraded version says to cancel all effects of any non-Weakness Encounter card.

Hmm, ok. That seems to make a little more sense. Thanks for clarifying. I wonder if you could use it to discard an enemy, or keep it from engaging at least? 

Wow those are some big @$$ spoilers. Hope they're not some troll's makings.

The red gloved man is just bonkers. Like Gandalf from lotr lcg on steroids for the cost of 2 :blink:

Also like Dr. William T Maleson. 1 cost 2/2 ally with a encounter card fail safe build in? Yes please.

Golden pocket watch has errata written all over it already imo. It reeks of abusive potential.

Monster slayer also looks like a great addition to the card pool.

And lightning gun? +5 combat & +2 damage? Sign me up. Even if it is 5 exp and costs 6. Extra ammo is your friend here.

13 minutes ago, Noccus said:

The red gloved man is just bonkers. Like Gandalf from lotr lcg on steroids for the cost of 2 :blink:

Also like Dr. William T Maleson. 1 cost 2/2 ally with a encounter card fail safe build in? Yes please.

Golden pocket watch has errata written all over it already imo. It reeks of abusive potential.

And lightning gun? +5 combat & +2 damage? Sign me up. Even if it is 5 exp and costs 6. Extra ammo is your friend here.

Don't forget Contraband.

26 minutes ago, Xenu's Paradox said:

Don't forget Contraband.

Contraband is out of sphere & quite pricey; but another possibility for Zoey only I guess as the lightning gun is 5 exp, and Roland can't use rogue cards. It's also double the cost compared to extra ammo. So no. Best case scenario is right after you play extra ammo, giving you another 6 ammo. That's 6 for the gun, 2 for 3 ammo & 4 for another 6. That's 12 resources.... and that's a lot. Too niche = not a option imo.

Edited by Noccus

I was going to say the Lightning gun may not even use Ammo but rather have "Uses" like the flashlight. Looking closely at the card though it looks like both the Tommy Gun and Lightning Gun say "Munitions" next to the counters.

12 minutes ago, Noccus said:

Contraband is out of sphere & quite pricey; but another possibility for Zoey only I guess as the lightning gun is 5 exp, and Roland can't use rogue cards. It's also double the cost compared to extra ammo. So no. Best case scenario is right after you play extra ammo, giving you another 6 ammo. That's 6 for the gun, 2 for 3 ammo & 4 for another 6. That's 12 resources.... and that's a lot. Too niche = not a option imo.

Don't have to use it yourself. TEAMWORK FTW.

Also, Jenny or Skids can use them with all the Rogue resource generators they have available and +1 action/+1 resource per turn.

16 minutes ago, Xenu's Paradox said:

Don't have to use it yourself. TEAMWORK FTW.

Also, Jenny or Skids can use them with all the Rogue resource generators they have available and +1 action/+1 resource per turn.

True dat, if playing multi-player. Jenny should have no problem paying for anything. I put 12 ammo on her twin .45s once. Wish I had contraband back then ^_^

1 hour ago, Noccus said:

Golden Pocket Watch is removed from the game.. so it's 8 XP for literally one use.

once you use it, you have to pay another 8 XP to use it again.

The Man In Red Gloves is great, but maybe with Charisma might be solid for re-use if the ability to easily dig for allies ever turns up.

yeah, i did a lot of digging and lots of time remembering my 10th grade french classes with help from Google Translate.

It appears that multiple french copies have included these cards, on the french forum i was reading, some of the people appear to believe that it's the LAST pack's player cards.

so for English cards, it's not going to be until the last pack is released that we see them.

Tommy Gun seems insane.. with Leo and Skids O'Toole, you have the potential for a +10 along with the new Vicious Blow that's 5 damage in 1 horrible machine gun blast.

1 minute ago, jaqenZann said:

Golden Pocket Watch doesn't say exile, though.  I think that means removed from the game, but will stay in your deck for future games?

Double or Nothing / Tommy Gun sounds fun!

i'm unsure. Exile/Remove might have the same meaning in french.