Sign in to follow this  
ryanabt

ISD [Insert Title Here] voting (No Voting Yet!)

Below are the proposed titles for ISDs. Lets give until 2/23/17 12:01 AM GMT to start voting. Until then, lets debate the merits. Additionally, the author can change the point cost or reright the text (only to make clearer, but not to change the idea) until the voting date. 

Sovereign: by ovinomanc3r
Text:  add a fleet command slot to your icon bar.
Cost: 7

Executrix: by TheCallum
Text:  Before you reveal your command dial, you may spend a token to change your dial to a matching/any command
Cost: Still needed

Executrix: by Alzer
Text:  Enemy ships within range 1-3 of this ship may not receive command tokens.
Cost:  10

Glory: by Thrakhath
Text:  Squadron Command: Unique squadrons activated with this command may reroll one die when attacking.
Cost: 10 (edited from 6 at Thrakhath's request)

Judicatorby Forresto
Text: When an ISD I is equipped with this title lower initial ship cost by twenty five points. When an ISD II is equipped with this title lower initial ship cost by twenty points.
Cost: 10

While creating titles for ISDs  is now closed, you can offer titles for other ships in this thread.

Edited by ryanabt

Oh these are all pretty cool. Glory makes the ISD-1 super carrier a bit more interesting. I like Sovereign a lot but I would love to know what that slot was weighted at in building the Pelta...

I vote sovereign tho. I like the theme of fleet commands on a bruiser like the ISD.

I like Executrix, but I cant see it being useful. Ships dont load up on tokens whilst in close range of an ISD, they use them up!

Can I vote for, Executrix - Enemy ships withing range 1-3 of this ship may not use command tokens.

I think Executrix #1 seems too similar to Weapons/Defence Liason officer. Although it could keep the officer slot open for others.

Executrix #2 is overpowered in my view. Multiuse super slicer tools on a Motti assisted ISD is going a bit far. Edit: Just realised it was tokens not commands.

I like Glory but it can stack with BCC which may be a little strong. Having said that the Rebels get Toryn who can stack with BCC (at least on B-wings and Scrugs).

I vote Glory.

Edited by Mad Cat

Oh these are all pretty cool. Glory makes the ISD-1 super carrier a bit more interesting. I like Sovereign a lot but I would love to know what that slot was weighted at in building the Pelta...

I vote sovereign tho. I like the theme of fleet commands on a bruiser like the ISD.

Cheating already with that voting?

I too like Glory, but I think 6 points might be low. It does essentially give bomber command to the activated squadrons PLUS can be used for AS as well. Of course it is only for unique squads, so 6 may be about right. 

Edited by ryanabt

What does the winner get?

I vote Executrix by Callum. It's basically an Ahsoka/Leia hybrid. Might be a little OP with Comms Net following behind them, but I really think Imps need more friendly dial/token manipulation like Rebels have.

2 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

What does the winner get?

I vote Executrix by Callum. It's basically an Ahsoka/Leia hybrid. Might be a little OP with Comms Net following behind them, but I really think Imps need more friendly dial/token manipulation like Rebels have.

Forum fame? Cookies? Likes? 

3 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

Oh my B ryan, I didn't catch the no voting yet thing. Totally failed readong comp this morning. In my defense hadnt had coffee yet.

I was absolutely furious. Wrecked my week. ;)

Yeah, figured lots of people would miss that so I put it in the title. 

Also, this is the voter fraud about which Trump was speaking right? We can now just blame Madaghmire.

Judicator: by Forresto

Text: When an ISD I is equipped with this title lower initial ship cost by twenty five points. When an ISD II is equipped with this title lower initial ship cost by twenty points.

Edited by Forresto

I think Glory is underpriced. Make is like 12 points. Being able to stack Howlrunner, FC, Swarm and Glory is just way to powerful. Saber now gets to throw 5 (or 6 on your interpretation of FC and Snipe) and reroll 2 of them. Or all your unique squads get to reroll your bombing dice when you attack ships and it stacks with BCC.

Toryn Farr is 7 points and her limiting factor is blue dice. BCC is 8 points and its limiting factor is bomber dice. 6 points is too low with all the things you can stack it with, and it works on all uniques.

8 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Judicator: by Forresto

ISD proposals are closed, but you can offer for other ships here

Just now, Forresto said:

That had to have been in before an hour passed.

Oh, this thread was to vote on ISD proposals from the previous thread. It was never meant to receive proposals. Within an hour or otherwise. :(

I will add your proposal nonetheless!

8 hours ago, thecactusman17 said:

The clear winner here is Sovreign, which gives Imps access to every strategy manipulation upgrade in the game. All Fighters Follow Me with Corruptor or Vector makes heroes like Boba Fett or Bossk speed 5.  Wulff Yularen makes all three options completely broken.

Don't forget Tarkin. An awesome Commander (who don't see too much table I think) for an awesome ship, HIS ship or at least one of them as far as I know. XD

The point cost should be checked but we don't know right now how the fleet command slot is rated. Anyway 7(title)+5(AFFM)+7(Yularen)+5/2(Corruptor/Vector) make this a 21-24 broken combo that is not cheap at all. And I didn't add the ships and squadrons you are using. Rebels already have Antilles and Coms Net flotillas so Yularen is not an issue here I think. The cheapest use for it means 12 points. Maybe the title could be 10 points maybe 5. I have no idea. I see Tua and I think she is cheaper not because the slot is cheap rather than because you must spend more points to give her utility. But as I said: no idea. 

19 hours ago, Mad Cat said:

I think Executrix #1 seems too similar to Weapons/Defence Liason officer. Although it could keep the officer slot open for others.

That was exactly my thinking.

There are a few titles out there that have parallels to the standard upgrades, but importantly don't fight for the slot.  

Obviously you're now competing against Relentless, but this one have the Tarkin flavour I wanted.

Yeah I actually dig the Executric #1 because it provides utility from officers that are often skipped because of better options and ALSO fits awesome with the theme of the ship being Tarkin's. I find it no mistake that Tarkin and Executrix #1 are an awesome combo that leaves us with essentially a command 1 ISD. Because of that I think it should be a matching command, it would prevent banking a variety of tokens then expending an unnecessary one for a dial/command. That's a little too strong. And I think probably 6 points with that limitation is good. It's like paying for a more flexible liason that doesn't have the ability to be used in conjunction with a similar token (without some additional points invested, as Wulff would come into play). So a + and - from the actual officer to make things interesting.