Jarval

C-ROC preview is up.

3 minutes ago, Jarval said:

Just noticed that the Quick-Release Cargo Locks can go on the GR-75 as well, which is neat. :)

What's intriguing is the place key word... does that essentially mean it's the same placement restrictions as initial obstacle set-up? 

There's no range stated, and no reference card in the fan...? 

- - - 

Oh, hang on, just realised - these Epic ships usually have such things in a booklet. 

Edited by ABXY

5 minutes ago, Blue Five said:

Given Huge Ships can't be stressed wouldn't be surprised if a Zuckuss nerf is in the pipeline.

Yeah, that's an element of cheese I will house-rule until FAQ'd. IMO, the cost of Zuckuss is stress and if the C-ROC is discarding stress no payment has been made.

14 minutes ago, joeshmoe554 said:

Given they seemed to put 4 crew on the Merchant One, it looks like the article already has some inaccuracies.  Though I suppose I may be misinterpreting that image/text.

The caption for that picture is talking about some of the rearranging that you can do using Azmorigan and Vizago, so I think some of those crew are just ready to be swapped in.

Container Token, really? The  Shadow Caster Expansion Pack just came out with a Cargo token.  Another mechanic that is the same only different?

[Edit: sorry of that sounded exasperated but why introduce another rule/mechanic for especially the same thing but on a bigger ship]

Edited by Ken at Sunrise

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

Insatiable Worrt is nuts. Course with Scum having an insane amount of stupidly strong crew Merchant One might still be the defacto title, but getting 3 energy back after dumping all it of on a recover is crazy strong.

It comes with a pretty steep cost, though, as your energy capacity drops from 4 to 3 with that title equipped.

I'm not seeing many reasons to use a title other than Merchant One. Additional Scum crew is always good, and the Broken Horn is crazy expensive at 5 points.

3 minutes ago, Ken at Sunrise said:

Container Token, really? The  Shadow Caster Expansion Pack just came out with a Cargo token.  Another mechanic that is the same only different?

[Edit: sorry of that sounded exasperated but why introduce another rule/mechanic for especially the same thing but on a bigger ship]

If I had to guess, Container tokens are probably going to be more like Asteroids than Debris Fields.

2 minutes ago, Ken at Sunrise said:

The same only bigger?!  Actually doesn't look any bigger...  But the token does not have "nubs" so you can probably place it anywhere within range 1 of the C-Roc which is cool.  Maybe not allowing it to overlap a ship but can always place it right in front.

1 hour ago, Rinzler in a Tie said:

It's all the epic upgrades. 

Well, it is an Epic release.

1 hour ago, Crabbok said:

Super charged power cells look interesting though.  

Red die power creep is obviously still a thing.

1 hour ago, ABXY said:

What's intriguing is the place key word... does that essentially mean it's the same placement restrictions as initial obstacle set-up? 

There's no range stated, and no reference card in the fan...? 

- - - 

Oh, hang on, just realised - these Epic ships usually have such things in a booklet. 

You would think they could at least include the range on the card.  But I agree about musings about "place."