Here's some of my work I've been doing this past week. Next on the docket is the AFmkII. Let me know what you guys think.

P.S. please don't mind my ugly curtains and sorry the pics aren't the greatest (dammit Jim I'm a modeler not a photographer ?)

Edited by TheToad

I heated the end of a model file and pressed it into the ship to make the crater and then pulled it away to make the trench. I used Vallejo oily steel to give the metallic look

7 hours ago, Norell said:

Is that a bridge of a WWII battleship? Or more like battleships?

It's the USS Enterprise's tower (and some other junk I had laying around)

Edited by TheToad

On 3/3/2017 at 0:02 AM, TheToad said:

Did up my MC-80 Command cruiser over the last few days...

IMG_0230.JPG.a1061938107f847a8efe4f297981da7a.JPGIMG_0233.JPG.92bdc97ea9f879e4ca14e36f19fe2dbb.JPGIMG_0232.JPG.08548da2cb0315931d44831fad825085.JPGIMG_0231.JPG.50573f262ae15ee35ba2cb56edcbeded.JPGIMG_0234.JPG.4dd5f3ebfb3d66a32f5dee42b3632bf2.JPG

You inspired me, sir (that and this beast escaped Ackbar with 1 hullpoint remaining!)  Painting done first - my usual ISD white, followed by successive layers of grey (mostly dark/blue greys), followed by black ink for the main scar, followed by the tip of a triangular file held over a candle.

Candle important because it'll never get hot enough to anneal (soften) the steel, triangle important because you get a choice of shape/depth of melt.  You can spin it to create a widening on narrowing scar.

And of course all the scars are front-to-back, because Star Destroyers never run ;-)

ec7099b0-9aa7-4b37-91e6-f7e3840be75a_zps

7 hours ago, MajSharpe said:

You inspired me, sir (that and this beast escaped Ackbar with 1 hullpoint remaining!)  Painting done first - my usual ISD white, followed by successive layers of grey (mostly dark/blue greys), followed by black ink for the main scar, followed by the tip of a triangular file held over a candle.

Candle important because it'll never get hot enough to anneal (soften) the steel, triangle important because you get a choice of shape/depth of melt.  You can spin it to create a widening on narrowing scar.

And of course all the scars are front-to-back, because Star Destroyers never run ;-)

ec7099b0-9aa7-4b37-91e6-f7e3840be75a_zps

Wow looks great sharpe!