Hawkstrike

Kashyyyk Open discussion

How are there streams for 80% of random regionals but not streams of any system open so far???? FFG needs to insure whoever they give these big events to will be streaming them. I can't believe that is not a requirement already.

Edited by MenaceNsobriety

1 hour ago, sozin said:

FFG OP doesn't think that live casting is important. I am reminded of Words last year where we scraped together a live cast without any help from FFG (wireless access would have helped a lot). Wish I knew why, it is great for the community!

I watched your worlds stream and loved what you guys were able to pull together there. It baffles me that they wouldn't give you wifi access when you were promoting their biggest event of the year for free! Things like this are one of the reasons I love this game so much. The X-wing community is awesome and full of excellent people from around the globe. 

2 hours ago, MenaceNsobriety said:

Yavin had a stream? We really need a page that collects all of the streams pinned to the top.

https://www.twitch.tv/firstearth

VODs should be archived. Casters were good for the final. Stream camerawork was bad.

It was advertised on the subreddit where all the cool people are. :-)

Edited by Moppy
typo

The custom cards were awesome. I got the Dutch, Leia, a glitterstim featuring Jabba, an x7 card and a Lothal rebel. All super cool. I need to make something to give out at the next one I go to. All the cards were super nice surprises. Thanks to everyone passing them out. 

1 minute ago, Hawkstrike said:

Also non-US if I understand correctly; winner Andres is from Mexico City. 

Mexican contingent was well represented and had great team shirts!

I had the opportunity to play against three of them and chat with Andrés a little. All super nice guys and great players. It was a pleasure meeting them 

1 minute ago, PanchoX1 said:

I had the opportunity to play against three of them and chat with Andrés a little. All super nice guys and great players. It was a pleasure meeting them 

Yeah, I had a second match with Emmanuel, whom I played in Hangar Bay at Worlds. Nice guy; he beat me both times. Flew the one Upsilon shuttle I face the entire time (Starkiller Base/Palp -- I did face a Kylo crew on RAC once though). 

The final game was great. Andres dice were clutch. Fenn Rau was at range 2 and had no tokens a couple times and got the naturals he needed. Dallas took down Manaroo and Fenn to 1 health each and Assaj had no shields left and a couple hull down if I remember correctly. Andres did an amazing job of rotating who was going to be in position to take damage so Dallas could never focus fire. Which is something I noticed Dallas doing to his opponents in games prior. Awesome match, almost went to time.

14 hours ago, sozin said:

FFG OP doesn't think that live casting is important. I am reminded of Words last year where we scraped together a live cast without any help from FFG (wireless access would have helped a lot). Wish I knew why, it is great for the community!

Yeah cuz Twitch had really ruined and crashed the gaming market.  No one plays video games anymore.  (Sarcasm folks)

1 hour ago, Stay On The Leader said:

Same question from me, too.  Did somebody say they got an Upsilon into Top 8?

He had this list

Test (100)

Kylo Ren (44) - Upsilon-class Shuttle
Swarm Leader (3), Fire Control System (2), Rebel Captive (3), Kylo Ren's Shuttle (2)

Delta Squadron Pilot (28) - TIE Defender
TIE/x7 (-2)

Delta Squadron Pilot (28) - TIE Defender
TIE/x7 (-2)

Top 8 comprised of:

Trip D's

Kylo plus Deltas

Nora/Rey

Miranda/Corran

Common Wealth

Paratanni (x3) I believe 

They used Cryodex so lists should be easier to put up.

18 minutes ago, Tbetts94 said:

168 if I remember correctly

It feels odd to write this about an event in San Diego but I believe that turnout was low due to weather. There were poor driving conditions for folks driving down and I understand that the 5 Freeway had some closures. 

Just now, WWHSD said:

It feels odd to write this about an event in San Diego but I believe that turnout was low due to weather. There were poor driving conditions for folks driving down and I understand that the 5 Freeway had some closures. 

They only expected 200 people. Month or so before they said it was on track to be the biggest System Open and then a few days before some one took a picture of the room and showed only enough for 200 people and said that's all they expected.