Hawkstrike

Kashyyyk Open discussion

One of the two 7-0's in Swiss is Debra from TMK! She's running Commonwealth. If you want updates on how she's doing join SCGC X-Wing Minis on Facebook. It's our local store for TMK. Best tournament showing she's ever had, true break through tournament for her, everyone is pretty stoked for her!

We've been keeping track of all of TMK players progress yesterday on the FB group. Here's her write up on Day 1 Swiss.

"Round 1: 100-0 me against Kylo and double Tie/SF

Round 2: 52-29 me vs Asajj/Fenn/Manaroo (Mynock!!!)

Round 3: 100-29 me vs Double Ghost

Round 4: 100-71 Me vs Party Bus/Kavil/Drea

Round 5: 66-47 me vs triple Ks with bombs and nets

Round 6: 100-29 me vs Asajj/Fenn/Manaroo

Round 7: 100-0 vs Palp Upsilon / Omega Leader / Ryad"

As far as the meta for the tournament overall there were tons of SF's. Backdraft and QuickDraw, Parattani was prevalent but not as much as you'd suspect. I only saw 2 Commonwealths including Deb's. More Kanan/Biggs than I thought there would be, thanks a lot Farmer. But yeah, super diverse tournament. The state of X-Wing right now is probably the best it's ever been as far as balance. 

IMG_4312.JPG

Edited by Tbetts94

Top table -- two 7-0 records from day 1 -- appears to be Commonwealth Defenders vs Corran Miranda. 

Table 2 is Parattanni v Parattanni

Table 3 Parattanni v Triple K

Table 4 Parattanni v Commonwealth Defenders 

Table 5 Dengaroo v Rey Norra

Those are the top 10 seeds at round 8.

Corran Miranda won on top table  

Edited by Hawkstrike

3 hours ago, Tbetts94 said:

One of the two 7-0's in Swiss is Debra from TMK! She's running Commonwealth. If you want updates on how she's doing join SCGC X-Wing Minis on Facebook. It's our local store for TMK. Best tournament showing she's ever had, true break through tournament for her, everyone is pretty stoked for her!

We've been keeping track of all of TMK players progress yesterday on the FB group. Here's her write up on Day 1 Swiss.

"Round 1: 100-0 me against Kylo and double Tie/SF

Round 2: 52-29 me vs Asajj/Fenn/Manaroo (Mynock!!!)

Round 3: 100-29 me vs Double Ghost

Round 4: 100-71 Me vs Party Bus/Kavil/Drea

Round 5: 66-47 me vs triple Ks with bombs and nets

Round 6: 100-29 me vs Asajj/Fenn/Manaroo

Round 7: 100-0 vs Palp Upsilon / Omega Leader / Ryad"

As far as the meta for the tournament overall there were tons of SF's. Backdraft and QuickDraw, Parattani was prevalent but not as much as you'd suspect. I only saw 2 Commonwealths including Deb's. More Kanan/Biggs than I thought there would be, thanks a lot Farmer. But yeah, super diverse tournament. The state of X-Wing right now is probably the best it's ever been as far as balance. 

IMG_4312.JPG

There are a lot of ships right now so what people bring to a large tournament is going to be diverse.   The top tables right now look pretty much like everywhere else this weekend (a lot of Mindlink)   Will be interested to see what makes the top cut from that.

Edited by AlexW

Top 8 cut just announced. Not sure of all of the lists, but #1 seed is Corran Miranda and #2 is Commonwealth Defenders. 

Also at least two Parattanni, Triple K, and a Triple Defender (Dallas Parker, Crack/x7 Glaive/Vessery/Ryad) in top 8. 

Edited by Hawkstrike

1 minute ago, Tbetts94 said:

Dallas just took down Corran. His three defenders versus Miranda now, first time Corran has died all tournament.

Kudos to whoever had the guts to still fly Corran these days! I know I certainly wouldn't have taken him to a major tournament anymore, even though I love that little guy.