Reedstilt

Expansion Idea - The Hidden Valley

I'm glad you like this set. I was actually playing with these cards a week or so ago and noticed a pretty serious oversight on my part. Several of the Strangers and Places lack discard conditions, which means they can easy clog up the Hidden Valley. This is more prevalent in the caveman side of things than the saurian side, but both batches have this issue to some degree. If you're using these cards, I recommend discarding any Stranger or Place after a character has successfully interacted with them, or going all out and just clearing the Hidden Valley at the end of a character's turn. Luckily for me, I haven't done an official printing of these cards yet (just have my homemade test drafts) so I can still make the necessary changes for myself. Unfortunately for me, I accidentally deleted the Strange Eon files for the saurian set from my flash drive, so those will have to be re-made from scratch.

I also added a couple extra relevant cards to the Adventure deck, namely an Event that places a Hidden Valley Terrain and Adventure Card versions of Tribal War and War March.

Also "easily obtainable" might be a bit of an overstatement for getting a Starseer figure. They're pretty expensive from what I've seen. I should have got with the one of the smaller, more common troops but I wanted a more Craft-oriented character to balance out the Troglodyte's Strength.

Edited by Reedstilt

7 hours ago, Reedstilt said:

Also "easily obtainable" might be a bit of an overstatement for getting a Starseer figure. They're pretty expensive from what I've seen. I should have got with the one of the smaller, more common troops but I wanted a more Craft-oriented character to balance out the Troglodyte's Strength.

Fair point about the price, the Skink Starseer is £30 on GW's website! Although you could always use the Skink Starpriest as a proxy? He's only £12 and still a gorgeous model.

99070208003_SkinkStarpriest01.jpg

At some point I need to go to my local gaming store and just plunder all their gaming miniature shelves for suitable figures for all the characters I've added to the game. At this point, including my versions of Digital edition characters, I have about 50 extra characters. Luckily having character specific models hasn't really mattered. We just use surrogates from the actual figures. The Magus has filled in for the Scale Priest, for example.