Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Psionics313

Who wants to see the "Mancandy" Mancubus?

12 posts in this topic

Here's my foray at bringing life to the plastic.

MANCUBUS

20170216_172806_zpsmn7fagka.jpg

REVENANT'S

20170216_174632_zpsjjjsnwsa.jpg

BARON OF HELL

20170216_174425_zps8tvfydkw.jpg

MARINES

20170216_175151_zps96xw0fp2.jpg

PINKY'S

20170217_232458_zpsao5i4zal.jpg

IMPS

20170217_232354_zps5exzxwkr.jpg

POSSESSED MARINES

20170217_232231_zpsr7elj3ow.jpg

CACODEMONS

20170217_232017_zpsv5dvpo0l.jpg

CYBERDEMON
(Not my favorite work, but to be honest, I was ready to be done and these are technically for play and not showcasing so meh)
20170218_163045_zpspnbz9kmj.jpg

UPDATED GROUP PHOTO (SAY CHEESE!)

20170218_162827_zpsctbgleil.jpg

20170217_232739_zpse65tdn84.jpg

Edited by Psionics313

Many coffee riddled late nights, and several empty pots of paint later, I am finished. I now, may finally rest, until game night.

Edited by Psionics313

2 hours ago, executor said:

they look amazing, i can't wait to finally start mine (not sure when that will be yet)

Thanks! I finished the Cyberdemon. Can't wait to see yours, when you do them that is :P

Now to make them 100% pure demonic awesomeness, put some sand on the base with PVA glue, let it dry >24hrs then paint over it with heavily thinned brown paint. 

Or paint them grey and add a few UAC symbols and stuff to make them look like they're on mars instead of hell. 

Also so I started painting mine. The paint is chipping off. I used a regular primer from a hardware store. Are you having similar issues? If not, what's a good primer for FFG resin minies?

Psionics313 likes this

I usually just use krylon primer meant for plastic. I also had a can of Army Painter Primer. Both work fine. I'd make sure it's for sure primer meant for plastic and it's a matte type. I'm painting my Mansion of Madness minis right now and I accidentally primed them with a white Krylon semigloss. Not turning out so well.

Make sure the temp is right for your priming too. Too cold and it will blister, crack, and peel, or bubble. Even coats too. Not too thick. Priming is just as crucial as the rest of the process.

so again, I'd recommend Army Painters primer if you want to shell out $10+ per can, or Krylon's plastic primer series. that Camo line they have on every Walmart shelf even works well in a pinch.

Edited by Psionics313

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:01 PM, Tvayumat said:

Awesome work, man!

Reminding me of the rest of my box I need to finish...

Thanks man! Your initial post got me itching to paint again. so I dove right in.

They look great, and will add a lot to your games! I liked the imps very much, (the "3 clans" aproach is great) and the ravenant too...

Great ideas for my painting, too (just starting with the imps)

Regards from Buenos Aires, Juan.

Psionics313 likes this

I also like the variation on the imps, and the darker colorings of the pinkies and cacodemons.  I would like to see the other mancubus up close, personally, since it seems to have a very different color scheme from the one shown.

Psionics313 likes this

Posted (edited)

Haven't been on the forums, Lately. My Doom box is at a friends house currently. Next time I go over there, I'll snag new pics for ya. Only difference between the two is the hoses, eyes, symbol on chest etc. are a puss green color I made by mixing greens and yellows. the other one is a simple application of evil sunz scarlet. for the armor I did russ grey with drakkenhof shading in heavy doses. The difference between the two is one I gave a brush metal look for weathering, while the other I did a brass/copper kind of tarnish look instead.

Edited by Psionics313

I came here (again) to look for ideas now that I managed to secure a couple more paint colors... and your images are all down! D:  Do you have a backup/can you reupload them?