AceSolo5

No Disintegrations UK

Got my dispatch email one hour ago from 365games. Have a player looking to get the Martial Artist specialization so we've both been waiting quite abit! 

Just need to wait on the special modifications reprint and I can sleep easy knowing I've all the EOTE books.... For now.

As frustrating as it is/could be, there may be some corporate diplomacy behind the silence.

A few years ago where I work, a Mac OS update broke the major functionality of one of outback pieces of software, not helped by Apple's frequent OS updates while our developers tried to get ahead of foreseeable update issues to hopefully prevent the same thing happening with another Mac OS update.

It was broken for 1-1.5 years, and we continued to give a vague response to customers screaming, "If you're not going to support Mac anymore, just say so!" through that whole time. Me, I would have LOVED to say, "Well tell Apple to stop releasing new 'must have' OS updates every 4-6 weeks!" But I couldn't, because the company needs to maintain a good business relationship with Apple, while hoping the fix would be ready any day.

Or maybe they were just being weasels about it.

10 hours ago, RicoD said:

Germany here as well.

Might I ask wich shop you ordered from? 

I requested notifications on several but have yet to get a message.

*edit*

nvm, I just placed my order. :)

It was Fantasywelt... but Magierspiele and Morgenwelt had it today too.

1 minute ago, Azanael said:

It was Fantasywelt... but Magierspiele and Morgenwelt had it today too.

Yeah, I got a message from Magierspiele shortly after I posted and grabbed it from there. Should be here by tomorrow. :)

I ordered mine yesterday... and will get it tomorrow too (got a dhl notification) - and it was nearly 1 Euro cheaper :D (and needed some  citadel colors as well, so Magierspiele was no option...)

Edited by Azanael

Mine arrived from Gameslore today. 

Likewise, still impressed with them as none of the retailers were responsible for this.

I really, REALLY hope that this is a one-off situation though and not the norm going forward. I think someone needs to ask (politely) about European distribution at this year's In Flight Report at GenCon.

Edited by MrDodger

12 hours ago, MrDodger said:

Likewise, still impressed with them as none of the retailers were responsible for this.

I really, REALLY hope that this is a one-off situation though and not the norm going forward. I think someone needs to ask (politely) about European distribution at this year's In Flight Report at GenCon.

Fly Casual came back into stock. There was no public-facing announcement/update on this by Esdevium and stores only knew if they had a long-term re-order for it outstanding, or were scrupulous in checking the regular stock updates.
And then two-or-so days later it was out of stock with Esdevium, which means the amount that came in was miniscule (good luck finding it now if you still want it).

Esdevium have no information on when it might be back in stock again.

I don't think this is a one off situation anymore. The supply into the EU is bad and it's not just with the SWRPG lines (though obviously they're noticeable). The EU's supply of Destiny was awful, with a single store in the US ordering more than Esdevium did for the entire EU market.

16 hours ago, kaisergav said:

If you're UK: https://shinygames.uk/product/special-modifications/

Still need to pick up my copy of that and Nexus of Power at some point.

Omigod I had no idea they had managed to get it in stock and I just got No Disintegrations from them!  Put ma order in now, I might actually get a copy! :D  Thank you!!!

Edited by Flintlock Jazz

It's a sad fact of business life, that often companies which get easy huge market share die in few years, because they think they are working in the best possible way. Also, when demand rises faster than ability to produce, company often dies in few years. (At first demand creates more interest than company can satisfy, then they increase production capacity and develop processes, but at same time law of demand backfires, and people abandon the company and its products, because other companies can actually deliver almost as good products.) Currently I don't have much faith in FFGs ability to deliver. I really wish I'm wrong, but if I'd be FFG shareholder, I'd really be worried.

I think that Disney can eventually even revoke the SW licence, if FFG cannot deliver enough, because nondelived products are more liability than asset. BTW, how does this situation differ from GW situation year or two ago? All their RPG lines were quietly killed, and AFAIK there also was same kind of communications blackout.

I hope best for the SW RPG line, but I am a bit worried. I know how small part the RPG line is, but ignoring it same time as saying you invest to it, gives a bad impression.

10 hours ago, kkuja said:

BTW, how does this situation differ from GW situation year or two ago?

The GW situation wasn't an international shipping delay; their entire range of RPG products was simultaneously pulled from DriveThruRPG without a single word of explanation (which of course can't happen here, thanks to some moronic licensing BS).  I'm also pretty sure that GW was responsible for how that went down... FFG could have made a tidy chunk of cash if people had known beforehand what was going to happen.  

Edited by Vorzakk
Typo

On 4/2/2017 at 4:06 AM, Vorzakk said:

The GW situation wasn't an international shipping delay; their entire range of RPG products was simultaneously pulled from DriveThruRPG without a single word of explanation (which of course can't happen here, thanks to some moronic licensing BS).  I'm also pretty sure that GW was responsible for how that went down... FFG could have made a tidy chunk of cash if people had known beforehand what was going to happen.  

I meant in larger scale. And I'm not denying GW's responsibility, they have kind of track record killing their good products (Necromunda, Warhammer Quest, etc). My point was: are there similarities in how FFG's Warhammer products were managed before the line was killed? A friend who followed RT & DH lines closely said break wasn't surprise because those lines ware practically killed few years earlier. So I actually don't believe break between GW and FFG was surprise to either company. (btw, I'm asking this because I really don't know how events unfolded. I never followed FFG's W40K lineup closely.)

3 minutes ago, kkuja said:

I meant in larger scale. And I'm not denying GW's responsibility, they have kind of track record killing their good products (Necromunda, Warhammer Quest, etc). My point was: are there similarities in how FFG's Warhammer products were managed before the line was killed? A friend who followed RT & DH lines closely said break wasn't surprise because those lines ware practically killed few years earlier. So I actually don't believe break between GW and FFG was surprise to either company. (btw, I'm asking this because I really don't know how events unfolded. I never followed FFG's W40K lineup closely.)

Ok, sorry; I misunderstood. 

I would still have to say that FFG's Star Wars line has a much stronger pulse now than the 40K line did in its final days.  Never mind under-printing or having an international shipping problem, they just weren't really supporting the lines at all anymore.  By the time 2nd Edition Dark Heresy hit beta, the original five 40K RPG lines were getting no new books or were getting them very infrequently.  If they stop announcing new Star Wars books, that's when I'd start worrying.  

On 1.4.2017 at 7:26 PM, kkuja said:

It's a sad fact of business life, that often companies which get easy huge market share die in few years, because they think they are working in the best possible way. Also, when demand rises faster than ability to produce, company often dies in few years. (At first demand creates more interest than company can satisfy, then they increase production capacity and develop processes, but at same time law of demand backfires, and people abandon the company and its products, because other companies can actually deliver almost as good products.) Currently I don't have much faith in FFGs ability to deliver. I really wish I'm wrong, but if I'd be FFG shareholder, I'd really be worried.

I think that Disney can eventually even revoke the SW licence, if FFG cannot deliver enough, because nondelived products are more liability than asset. BTW, how does this situation differ from GW situation year or two ago? All their RPG lines were quietly killed, and AFAIK there also was same kind of communications blackout.

I hope best for the SW RPG line, but I am a bit worried. I know how small part the RPG line is, but ignoring it same time as saying you invest to it, gives a bad impression.

Funny enough, you actually might be a FFG shareholder as they are part the Eurazeo family, which might be in your pension fund's portfolio ;)
And if you have the owner from Eurazeo, Sofina in your Portfolio, then let me congratulate, the doubled their stock value in the last 5 years. Solid Investment :D

https://www.google.com/finance?q=EBR:SOF

6 minutes ago, Vorzakk said:

Ok, sorry; I misunderstood. 

I would still have to say that FFG's Star Wars line has a much stronger pulse now than the 40K line did in its final days.  Never mind under-printing or having an international shipping problem, they just weren't really supporting the lines at all anymore.  By the time 2nd Edition Dark Heresy hit beta, the original five 40K RPG lines were getting no new books or were getting them very infrequently.  If they stop announcing new Star Wars books, that's when I'd start worrying.  

No problem. And personally I think FFG's SW line is stronger than W40K line ever was. Though, I am a bit worried how constant shipping problems will affect FFG's future. But back to topic, I really wish that product availability for FFG products would be better. Those are great products after all.