Jump to content
AceSolo5

No Disintegrations UK

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, UndeadIchi said:

i would hazard a guess at it not being 2 weeks i am thinking 2 months, its currently out of stock on FFG store as well now and waiting for a reprint so i think they just never sent any out and used all the stock for the US and some other select countries 

There might be still some container somewhere on the way to europe, just never arriving because of those sea-rancors keep attacking it. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UndeadIchi said:

i would hazard a guess at it not being 2 weeks i am thinking 2 months, its currently out of stock on FFG store as well now and waiting for a reprint so i think they just never sent any out and used all the stock for the US and some other select countries 

Oh that just pisses me off to no end!

 

FFG, GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER!

Edited by OddballE8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that upsets me (in the Netherlands with a months old preorder) most is the fact that there is literally no response from FFG about this issue at all.

I guess "America First!" isn't only Trump's motto. Apparently we can get the books once "the best people" have bought it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is rather funny considering that Asmodee is a french and owned by a the french private equity Eurazeo. Maybe someone should write a litter directly to Eurazeo, they must be losing a few millions each year to their distribution issues in europe. It got better with X-Wing at least somewhat, so the biggest cow is running better, but there are tons of other products which you have trouble getting your hands onto, not only the RPG books. 

And Eurazeo is owned by Sofina, a belgian holding. ;-)

Edited by SEApocalypse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A book with this theme should been printed at double if not triple amount than others, if you had not per-order the thing at release you will not get it. That is sh*tty no matter how you turn that page. I had pre-ordered it and still I don't get it until it is reprinted. Look with Rouge One A Star Wars Saga soon to be released on DVD there should been some kind of heads up for the people that their products would sell out pretty freaking fast.

Now I have to wait until it is reprinted in China, then it needs to get shipped to the US and then I have to wait until it get to Europe and it probably wont be in my ownership until 4 weeks later, it's like waiting for a Open Source Game go from Beta to Alpha over here. It sucks big time. So yeah all of FFG should need double printing as I know from experience were I live, nothing stays in stock longer then 1 week tops and that is a really sh*tty week to that.

The price FFG products sell at, should alone cover some extra prints. I've have bought products for FFGs Star Wars Roleplaying Game for well over 1,154 EUR. Someone should update their administration about the increased interest of Star Wars and prioritize it, why is that? Well they are loosing big bucks on this, I know many GMs all over Europe that do not introduce this game to their groups because there is always a freaking Re-print needed to get what you need.  

Please hurry the f up and understand there wont be anything left on the shelf's if you just increase it a little bit more Mkey? 

Edited by Eigel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Power of the Force pack for the SW LCG was released 3 weeks after No Disintegrations in the US, but is available in the UK this week. No disintegrations is going to be 6 weeks from release in the US to the UK/EU (and that's assuming it's next week, which is by no means guaranteed).

Between utterly insufficient shipments to the UK and now 5+ weeks for books to come out, it's sure looking like that improved distribution with Asmodee is working out.

At this point I couldn't recommend anyone taking up FFG's star wars in the UK/EU. 20+ books are out of stock at the UK Distributor, including all of the core rulebooks.

Edited by Evilref

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Evilref said:

The Power of the Force pack for the SW LCG was released 3 weeks after No Disintegrations in the US, but is available in the UK this week. No disintegrations is going to be 6 weeks from release in the US to the UK/EU (and that's assuming it's next week, which is by no means guaranteed).

Between utterly insufficient shipments to the UK and now 5+ weeks for books to come out, it's sure looking like that improved distribution with Asmodee is working out.

At this point I couldn't recommend anyone taking up FFG's star wars in the UK/EU. 20+ books are out of stock at the UK Distributor, including all of the core rulebooks.

Some of the books might be already legal to copy in the EU as they are long enough unavailable to justify fair-use copying of them :D;) 
(And yes, this is a real thing in the EU to maintain availability of out of print books)

Edited by SEApocalypse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/03/2017 at 11:06 AM, Chimpy said:

FFG are really stuffing up with production and distribution on several of their products lately...

...and I still maintain the mindset that, as long as their domestic market is happy, the Marketing, PR and Finance depts don't give a rats arrsee - this is for all FFG products, not just the RPG products

 

EDIT: I have phoned my preorder.. still no news. They even mentioned they have contacted their supplier - a UK bulk RPG/boardgame distributor - and they too, have not received any communication from FFG with regards to this product.

Edited by ExpandingUniverse
phone update and coz FFG Marketing and Distribution are wankers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, if this keeps up I'm actually going to stop supporting them.  I have both No Disintegrations and Special Modifications on order, No Disintegrations preordered for some time before release, and nothing.  If they cannot be bothered to support their product then neither can I, I know they don't want copies going unsold but this is beyond a joke now.  Sure, I am just one person but everyone in my group and elsewhere seem to be getting shafted by this.  If they don't up their game then I am not going to order another of their products since they obviously cannot provide adequate support for it, especially considering their rather high prices, and start moving to other products while many people I know are just going to download pdfs instead (because they are actually available, unlike the legitimate product).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flintlock Jazz said:

Honestly, if this keeps up I'm actually going to stop supporting them.  I have both No Disintegrations and Special Modifications on order, No Disintegrations preordered for some time before release, and nothing.  If they cannot be bothered to support their product then neither can I, I know they don't want copies going unsold but this is beyond a joke now.  Sure, I am just one person but everyone in my group and elsewhere seem to be getting shafted by this.  If they don't up their game then I am not going to order another of their products since they obviously cannot provide adequate support for it, especially considering their rather high prices, and start moving to other products while many people I know are just going to download pdfs instead (because they are actually available, unlike the legitimate product).

One person LOL.. nope all the ppl who preorderd anything and we still haven't got it! TBH I too am considering no longer buying FFG stuff. I MAY keep my eyes peeled for the F&D career splats and then bail. The FFG core rules/splat/written adventures I already have, plus D6/D20 stuff means more than enough source material for years of play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, i have sent messages directly to the customer services department and International distribution department and wait to see what they have to say...if they replay at all beyond the automatic reply.

 

User Support
Hello Robert xxxxxxxx,
Thank you for contacting Fantasy Flight Games. Your message is being delivered to the proper department, who will respond to your question.

Regards

Fantasy Flight Games
www.fantasyflightgames.com


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ferretfur said:

Well, i have sent messages directly to the customer services department and International distribution department and wait to see what they have to say...if they replay at all beyond the automatic reply.

 

User Support
Hello Robert xxxxxxxx,
Thank you for contacting Fantasy Flight Games. Your message is being delivered to the proper department, who will respond to your question.

Regards

Fantasy Flight Games
www.fantasyflightgames.com


 

Hope you have more luck than me, I mailed both of those departments on 17th Feb and have had no answer from either. I even tried Asmodee directly, and was equally ignored. These guys are great when it comes to needing missing or broken components replaced, but don't seem great at general customer service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RebelDave said:

People are having luck getting it from Aus, can people who have done this, let the rest of us know where they got theirs from?

I got mine from eBay.  I checked but the seller is not selling anymore of them at the moment.  But if you wanted to ask them if they can get more the seller was http://stores.ebay.co.uk/beatthebombau/.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ffg mishandled the release of no disintegrations EVERYWHERE including in the United States.  Yes Europe has to wait the longest, because it has to go from china by boat to west coast U.S.A. and then from West coast USA to East coast USA by ground (and that distribution was severely botched here) and then be put on a boat to sail to Europe.  In terms of how badly distribution was handled in the U.S., it was just this past week that my FLGS phoned me and said they got my preorder delivered to the store.  So maybe if you're lucky, the books will get loaded onto a boat in the next week or two (heck it may have happened last week).  

I get that it sucks to not have it on the same release day as in the U.S. and I'd also be pissed about it if I were the one waiting this long for this book, but considering that the release effectively just happened this past week for the (I'm pressuming) the majority of U.S. gamers, Europe's  normal waiting period (devoid of snafu) effectively started just this week.  

Expecting to have the same release day as in the U.S. means expecting FFG to delay the release until it gets to Europe (and Europe may be close to the last place to get it).  Given that FFG loses money everyday the books sit in a warehouse instead of being delivered to stores, what motivation does FFG have to delay the release day in everywhere *except* Europe?   Ausies luck out because they're so close to China and so far from the U.S. that books probably get dropped there first rather than being shipped to the U.S. and then being shipped back to Australia.

I don't have any inside information so my reasonings, which are logically consistent with observations, are just speculation, but it makes sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

Ffg mishandled the release of no disintegrations EVERYWHERE including in the United States.  Yes Europe has to wait the longest, because it has to go from china by boat to west coast U.S.A. and then from West coast USA to East coast USA by ground (and that distribution was severely botched here) and then be put on a boat to sail to Europe.  In terms of how badly distribution was handled in the U.S., it was just this past week that my FLGS phoned me and said they got my preorder delivered to the store.  So maybe if you're lucky, the books will get loaded onto a boat in the next week or two (heck it may have happened last week).  

I get that it sucks to not have it on the same release day as in the U.S. and I'd also be pissed about it if I were the one waiting this long for this book, but considering that the release effectively just happened this past week for the (I'm pressuming) the majority of U.S. gamers, Europe's  normal waiting period (devoid of snafu) effectively started just this week.  

Expecting to have the same release day as in the U.S. means expecting FFG to delay the release until it gets to Europe (and Europe may be close to the last place to get it).  Given that FFG loses money everyday the books sit in a warehouse instead of being delivered to stores, what motivation does FFG have to delay the release day in everywhere *except* Europe?   Ausies luck out because they're so close to China and so far from the U.S. that books probably get dropped there first rather than being shipped to the U.S. and then being shipped back to Australia.

I don't have any inside information so my reasonings, which are logically consistent with observations, are just speculation, but it makes sense to me.

I certainly hope you are correct.

One of the sites Ive ordered from have changed their available date back and back and back, and are now listing it as "Unavailable - Distribution may have ceased" which I am hoping is just a formality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The normal time lag between the US and availabilty in the UK has passed twice over and Ive preordered every book since the Edge core , I ordered it from Australia after it got to about that twice over period and have now received my copy. I also still have it preordered from my usual UK store and it is still not in stock, we are now looking at getting close to three times the usual lag in the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Ffg mishandled the release of no disintegrations EVERYWHERE including in the United States.  Yes Europe has to wait the longest, because it has to go from china by boat to west coast U.S.A. and then from West coast USA to East coast USA by ground (and that distribution was severely botched here) and then be put on a boat to sail to Europe.  In terms of how badly distribution was handled in the U.S., it was just this past week that my FLGS phoned me and said they got my preorder delivered to the store.  So maybe if you're lucky, the books will get loaded onto a boat in the next week or two (heck it may have happened last week).  

I get that it sucks to not have it on the same release day as in the U.S. and I'd also be pissed about it if I were the one waiting this long for this book, but considering that the release effectively just happened this past week for the (I'm pressuming) the majority of U.S. gamers, Europe's  normal waiting period (devoid of snafu) effectively started just this week.  

Expecting to have the same release day as in the U.S. means expecting FFG to delay the release until it gets to Europe (and Europe may be close to the last place to get it).  Given that FFG loses money everyday the books sit in a warehouse instead of being delivered to stores, what motivation does FFG have to delay the release day in everywhere *except* Europe?   Ausies luck out because they're so close to China and so far from the U.S. that books probably get dropped there first rather than being shipped to the U.S. and then being shipped back to Australia.

I don't have any inside information so my reasonings, which are logically consistent with observations, are just speculation, but it makes sense to me.

I would like to point at that I am still waiting for forged in battle, waited over 3 months for special modifications, at this point I don't really care about no disintegrations, I got the stats for the stuff we wanted to use, like the C-RoC from the forums and I am not bothering anymore with getting the new books. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SEApocalypse said:

I would like to point at that I am still waiting for forged in battle, waited over 3 months for special modifications, at this point I don't really care about no disintegrations, I got the stats for the stuff we wanted to use, like the C-RoC from the forums and I am not bothering anymore with getting the new books. 

Forged in Battle and Special Modifications did arrive in the UK on time - I bought copies a couple of days after they came in stock here. They sold out fast, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Ffg mishandled the release of no disintegrations EVERYWHERE including in the United States.  Yes Europe has to wait the longest, because it has to go from china by boat to west coast U.S.A. and then from West coast USA to East coast USA by ground (and that distribution was severely botched here) and then be put on a boat to sail to Europe.  In terms of how badly distribution was handled in the U.S., it was just this past week that my FLGS phoned me and said they got my preorder delivered to the store.  So maybe if you're lucky, the books will get loaded onto a boat in the next week or two (heck it may have happened last week).  

I get that it sucks to not have it on the same release day as in the U.S. and I'd also be pissed about it if I were the one waiting this long for this book, but considering that the release effectively just happened this past week for the (I'm pressuming) the majority of U.S. gamers, Europe's  normal waiting period (devoid of snafu) effectively started just this week.  

Expecting to have the same release day as in the U.S. means expecting FFG to delay the release until it gets to Europe (and Europe may be close to the last place to get it).  Given that FFG loses money everyday the books sit in a warehouse instead of being delivered to stores, what motivation does FFG have to delay the release day in everywhere *except* Europe?   Ausies luck out because they're so close to China and so far from the U.S. that books probably get dropped there first rather than being shipped to the U.S. and then being shipped back to Australia.

I don't have any inside information so my reasonings, which are logically consistent with observations, are just speculation, but it makes sense to me.

Nobody here expected to have it on the same day as the US.

But waiting several weeks to get it is complete and utter BS.

In this case, I seriously doubt it's the shipping time that's the problem. They simply didn't print enough copies to ship to everyone and Europe got the short straw when it came to either shipping to EU or doing a second shipment throughout the US because they had a higher than expected demand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...