AceSolo5

No Disintegrations UK

In addition to my previous rant, my preorder company may not actually be sitting on my preorder (virtual) cash (coz it's all 1's and 0's) but is now very nicely gaining interest in FFGs business account! :angry: They're as bad as American Express, who sit on your cash for more days than any other credit company so it gathers more interest

I'm still waiting on my pre-order of Endless Vigil.

I went to my local gaming store yesterday and they had all the new X-Wing wave just in, but no sign of No Disintegrations. They just had the one battered copy of Desperate Allies that's been sat on the shelf for about 12 months now.

I think I'd be less frustrated at the situation if there was some sign of communication. Plus it does seem fly in the face of what was said in the Asmodee announcement - in fact I think things have actually gotten worse for getting the RPG books over here since the merger.

49 minutes ago, OddballE8 said:

Yeah... I'm sure we've all noticed the "much better service" over here in Europe... :rolleyes:

Yep! It stinks! That's how I noticed it.

We Europeans ought to flood their customer service inbox with complaints.

Edited by TheMOELANDER

1 hour ago, TheMOELANDER said:

Yep! It stinks! That's how I noticed it.

We Europeans ought to flood their customer service inbox with complaints.

This isn't a bad idea. Were I in your position, I would probably do just that.

2 hours ago, Ferretfur said:

This only seems to be true for X-Wing and other miniature-based games, not the RPG stuff.

I take your point, yet from the same release:

Fantasy Flight Games is a leading hobby games market publisher in the board, card, roleplaying, and miniature game categories.

(Emphasis mine). If they meant the different categories to be separate in their treatment, that should have been communicated.

But that brings us to the now legendary lack of communication. I don't blame any of the creators, this comes from higher up. I'm sure there are reasons, but customers in many markets have shown time and again they are generally more understanding and forgiving when they are informed.

But more so, I don't understand why this book above all others, should be so hard to get hold of.  They had to know that this would be among the most popular of the splats (indeed we can infer that by it's positioning last in the release schedule). So it seems weird that they only seem to have printed about 5 copies. (Hyperbole, of course).

Still my UK (and likely EU brethren) keep on keepin' on.

Edited by MrDodger
Clarification

I am in Germany, too, but my Forged in Battle (Preorder) came rather quickly after the US Release, but I am still waiting  on No Desintigrations (also Preorder).

The NPC Cards are notoriously hard to get, you just have to preorder them and wait for the next print run or something. Even most of the Books are gone rather quickly so I preorder everything to avoid haven to wait on a Reprint...

2 hours ago, ExpandingUniverse said:

They couldn't care less...

When FFG used to attend GW events a few years ago ( dunno if they still do  as i don't  attend them myself ). I remember talking to a guy with  Blonde curly hair ( forget the dudes name but he was really nice)  He said they had trouble printing stuff in Europe, I'm unsure if it is still true mind but it could be still the case.

They had to bring books in there luggage and it sold rather quickly.

14 hours ago, April said:

When FFG used to attend GW events a few years ago ( dunno if they still do  as i don't  attend them myself ). I remember talking to a guy with  Blonde curly hair ( forget the dudes name but he was really nice)  He said they had trouble printing stuff in Europe, I'm unsure if it is still true mind but it could be still the case.

They had to bring books in there luggage and it sold rather quickly.

When FFG came to an event in the UK they only brought their miniature games with them and no RPG stuff for their stand which i thought was terrible marketing and a bad show.

As for printing, the books are not printed in Europe, just shipped there. I'm pretty sure all the books are printed in China.