AceSolo5

No Disintegrations UK

I ordered from Gameslore and did chase them to be told their distributor doesn't have stock yet. Given that i think that distributor is likely the same one for the UK stores (FFG's EU Arm?), i guess everyone is in the same boat.

Seems pretty poor that the books have been shipped out across the USA, but not elsewhere in a short time period.

Yeah it's kinda frustrating... Especially as I'll soon be getting to play as a character (as opposed to always GMing) & have just created a Bounty Hunter :(

I pre-ordered Endless Vigil & that turned up pretty quickly after its release date! 

Same here with Endless Vigil.

I wish we could get some official word about the delays, but not even an answer on Twitter or Facebook to FFG.

Edited by Ferretfur
Extra Line

It hasn't appeared on the UK distributor release sheets yet.  Sometimes we get FFG books the week after the US, other times it takes a month or so to appear here.  I'm hoping it will be on tomorrow's list for next week's releases.

Worst FFG book ever for this was Tome of Blood for Black Crusade which took 2-3 months to appear in the UK.

9 minutes ago, Cassaralla said:

It hasn't appeared on the UK distributor release sheets yet.  Sometimes we get FFG books the week after the US, other times it takes a month or so to appear here.  I'm hoping it will be on tomorrow's list for next week's releases.

Worst FFG book ever for this was Tome of Blood for Black Crusade which took 2-3 months to appear in the UK.

Thanks for the heads up Cassaralla, please keep us posted.

On a related note: I am waitibg since september for my copy of forged in battle. I live in germany, so our problem is somewhat related, even though you brexiteered ;)

I already wrote to FFG with my problem, but they kept their silence. My shop (fantasywelt.de) has no idea either. I also ordered the new NPC card sets. I am very frustrated at this point.

12 hours ago, Ferretfur said:

I ordered from Gameslore and did chase them to be told their distributor doesn't have stock yet. Given that i think that distributor is likely the same one for the UK stores (FFG's EU Arm?), i guess everyone is in the same boat.

Seems pretty poor that the books have been shipped out across the USA, but not elsewhere in a short time period.

It's pretty *hard* to get a copy in the US too, it sold out crazy fast, if you didn't have a preorder in (e.g. in my case I had a preorder in with my FLGS but they forgot to file it with their distributor) it was pretty close to impossible to get a copy, I managed to get a copy on Amazon.com when there was only 1 vender with stock left (and I only knew to look on Amazon.com because I read on these boards that they uncharacteristically got some shortly after the street date).  I paid $25 in shipping, so that I would get it fast enough to have a *chance* of finding another copy if Amazon.com messed up my order and sent me the weg "no disintegrations" book instead.  Yeah, I get that you would love to trade places with me in terms of when we respectively get/got our copies, but I think you are seriously overestimating the ability of US gamers to locate/purchase a copy of "no disintegrations."

Edited by EliasWindrider
Typos

11 hours ago, TheMOELANDER said:

On a related note: I am waitibg since september for my copy of forged in battle. I live in germany, so our problem is somewhat related, even though you brexiteered ;)

Hoho... Yes we did, embarrassing ain't it :) Some of us tho still have an affinity with Europe... I'm now hoping that Scotland have a 2nd referendum & leave the UK so I can move there :) Other than that it'll have to be France or Germany... Even tho it sounds like I still won't be able to get hold of the books very easily :D

2 hours ago, AceSolo5 said:

Hoho... Yes we did, embarrassing ain't it :) Some of us tho still have an affinity with Europe... I'm now hoping that Scotland have a 2nd referendum & leave the UK so I can move there :) Other than that it'll have to be France or Germany... Even tho it sounds like I still won't be able to get hold of the books very easily :D

It'd be interesting if Scotland got their second referendum and voted to stay...it'd be rather embarrassing for Mrs "let's be an ass about everything" S. If you go to the South of France you should get better weather. Germany has some nice forests and countryside, as well as a good industrial output, not to mention a big RPG community. Or you could stay in the UK and weather the storm...it may just all work out if people let it.

Back on topic mind, it would be good to at least get some official word from FFG about stock of No Disintegrations and if all of them were actually dispatched to the US only with everyone else having to wait for a second printing, pre-orders or not. You'd have thought that pre-orders would enable them to print enough on the first run to supply everyone.

13 hours ago, TheMOELANDER said:

On a related note: I am waiting since september for my copy of forged in battle. I live in germany, so our problem is somewhat related, even though you brexiteered ;)

I also ordered the new NPC card sets. I am very frustrated at this point.

I didnt get Forged in Battle on the first try, but Gameslore suddenly had new stock, so I dont know why Germany would have been left out. Looks like distribution is a mess.

The card sets have always been a pain to get and very much down to luck and ordering as soon as you see any in stock anywhere.

54 minutes ago, Ferretfur said:

If you go to the South of France you should get better weather. Germany has some nice forests and countryside, as well as a good industrial output, not to mention a big RPG community. 

Beer is also an important consideration :) Germany may have tipped the scale there.... Now, where did I put that German phrase book ;)

1 hour ago, TheMOELANDER said:

Hey, I will help you! I studied english and german!

Typos are due to unfamiliar keyboards.

Excellent.... Germany it is then :D

I did actually pass my German 'O' at school but that was a helluva loooooooonnnng time ago!! Needless to say I'm not exactly fluent :)

**RANT ALERT**RANT ALERT**RANT ALERT**RANT ALERT**RANT ALERT**RANT ALERT**RANT ALERT**RANT ALERT**... etc etc

The most annoying thing is, and it's not the fault of the UK LFGS, is that with the preorders we've paid for a product and now the shops are (possibly) sitting on the cash, reaping interest on their business accounts. I'm not blaming UK LFGS at all... FFG REALLY need to get their shyte together, every release has been delayed or simply not enough stock produced.

OK,,, I'm loathe to defend FFG anymore, but the RPG Dept may be constrained by the Finance/Production Dept and only so many copies can be printed/shipped per batch. Don't know, but it really is beyond a joke. Personally, I'm pished coz I've spent my money VERY early to secure a copy and still no news even though other people now have copies... I've certainly learned a lot from this particular awaited product and associated release date.

It's got to the point now where I now longer extoll the virtues of FFG or their products. You really can't say that they don't produce enough so that product still sits on shelves unsold like D&D Fiasco Edition. Like I've said before from a very good source... FFG just do not send enough stock to the UK

While I do love FFG's products and quality, it's pretty sh*tty how poorly they treat non-american customers.

We get stuff way after it's released in the states sometimes, and it's annoying as hell. Surely it can't be that difficult to produce enough copies to get them out to their non-american customers?