Wired4War

No one excited about lore?

4 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

You and @Taki make me really wish I played Diskwars. So much knowledge seems to be lost to the ages.

It's still sold not so expansively on ebay.. but not the base game, don't know why...

Just now, Budgernaut said:

You and @Taki make me really wish I played Diskwars. So much knowledge seems to be lost to the ages.

It was a fun game during a time I couldn't afford lots of miniatures.  I especially miss the Daqan Princess, she buffed everything everywhere lol.  Also you actually dropped arrow tokens on enemy units, that was great fun all the time (until you lost some pieces)

@Waywardpaladin Sorry you lost the Mahkim, no one in my area liked/played them.

Btw the answer to the dragonkin is interesting.  If I remember correctly, they're from magicked dragon eggs, the dragon kin can come back any time dragons feel like making more.  They were only created in such numbers to fight the wars.  Some still exist in various games (Descent and Runewars the boardgame for example)

They tried to genocide the Uthuk, but it's really awful in that desert, and they're part demon so they can survive there

By the way is there a lore pdf made by fans from the time that compiles datas that could be of any interest to us or is it lost to the owners of the game ?

And man, look at those graphics... ha ha... feels so 80' that game ! But was it a collectible one ? Because I saw everything and nothing about random disks and so on...

Edited by Elrad

17 hours ago, Elrad said:

By the way is there a lore pdf made by fans from the time that compiles datas that could be of any interest to us or is it lost to the owners of the game ?

And man, look at those graphics... ha ha... feels so 80' that game ! But was it a collectible one ? Because I saw everything and nothing about random disks and so on...

Yeah, you bought starter packs for each faction, and there were random booster packs later on. They also eventually made big box sets of Faction VS Faction, that is when the Mahkim got a proper filled out army instead of you having to cobble together the random neutral disks.

My friends and I all picked factions form the beginning and gave each other the disks from any other faction, so we all had pretty complete armies.

In a way every war game I've played has been me trying to recapture what I had with Disk Wars, and probably Mage Knight as well. Had a group of friends, we had our favorite factions, played and placed in tourneys. Had high hopes for Golem Arcana but that didn't shake out.

On 2/17/2017 at 0:32 PM, Waywardpaladin said:

Speaking of Disk Wars, anyone remember the name of the Baron for the Evil faction of the knights? The one that decided they needed to fight as brutally as the Uthuk in order to beat the Uthuk? He wore a bronze mask in his disk picture?

http://leagueofsubterraneangentlemen.com/diskwars/knight/disklist.html

I think that was General Cordwain

Ha ha, am I excited... That's a good question, maybe I'm just...

FREAKING OUT

I've waited for what feels like forever for a true Terrinoth game (Descent deviates a little quite a bit) to actually receive a lot of development. With development comes lore. With lore comes books. With books coming effing BARON ZACHARETH.

Image result for baron zachareth

Edited by Toenail

Don't read it while teaching how to drive ^^ Oh by the way that could be a good pass-time if your client is something slow who is afraid of turning to the left or right when the lights are green....(that happened to me at sometimes, so I have fun at my past self).

1 hour ago, Elrad said:

Don't read it while teaching how to drive ^^ Oh by the way that could be a good pass-time if your client is something slow who is afraid of turning to the left or right when the lights are green....(that happened to me at sometimes, so I have fun at my past self).

As I'm about to go on one of my first driving lessons shortly and realise you basically described me... :P

10 minutes ago, Elrad said:

wait I don't know... do you actually give driving lessons or TAKE driving lessons ? Because I thought you were the teacher in this case.... ?

Nope, never needed to drive before as it's not ideal in the traffic jam city of Scotland. However, my new job will be a little bit out from the city so I'm now learning to drive to make life easier.

Edited by Muz333

Good luck then My thoughts and prayers are with you @Muz333. I took my time before learning how to drive because we had a quite good (but yet full of failures) railways system and there was a train going from my hometown directly to my university and I live near Brussels so I can go there in 10-15 minutes by train instead of struggling in the traffic with true assholes and mad cops (oh yeah When I was practicing for my driving licence, I once had to dodge a police van that was charging me..or at least it didn't go straiht in its line...could you imagine ? being hit by cops while learning how to drive.... Yes maybe in our very delightful world that is not so uncommon...)

But now... I still go to the capital by train because it's hard to find a parking place or you have to hve yourself stolen from an insane amount of money (when mayors don't know how to get money for their luxurious villa, they charge the drivers). For the rest of the country and the neighboring countries, well the car is more than a luxury even with gas and insurance prices.

Good luck Muz333, it's interesting that some of you got their license so late, im my class evryone started to get driving lessons a little way before they turned 18 (age needed to drive back then) although we had a god bus system and nearly no parking spaces available at school.

Looking over a list, I believe it was Baron Vallyr. His barony was Tamar.

Hmm, might get a Daqan army with a black and red theme in remembrance of Vallyr. They'd be from the Tamar province and hold the troubles with Waiqar and the resurgence of the Uthuk as proof that Daqan had been too soft and Vallyr's philosophy that humanity was going to need to become more brutal and permanently end threats has been proven correct.

53 minutes ago, mulletcheese said:

There's also some pretty bad terrinoth lore, runebound 2nd edition had UFO's, weather control machines and dinosaurs.

Sounds crazy but could be fun, dinoriding heroes against technology using evil sorcerers :D

Edited by Iceeagle85

56 minutes ago, mulletcheese said:

There's also some pretty bad terrinoth lore, runebound 2nd edition had UFO's, weather control machines and dinosaurs.

I suspect this will be a more serious venture with a lot of retcon in the lore.

On 20/02/2017 at 6:11 PM, Iceeagle85 said:

Good luck Muz333, it's interesting that some of you got their license so late, im my class evryone started to get driving lessons a little way before they turned 18 (age needed to drive back then) although we had a god bus system and nearly no parking spaces available at school.

To tell you something that happened to me today : my town is ruled by peoples full of nonsense and illogical way of thinking city design. two years ago there was a very very big parking area near the station. Then they erased a half of it to build a public swimming pool... so exit the easy parking... then today they block the access to the half of what's left to build apartments.... so yeah I couldn't find a single ONE place...:blink:, I had to go back home, park my car in front of my own house and then walk 20 minutes to the station.... Well. Next time, I load my phone with more musics than there already is and I walk without thinking about driving... but yeah...hey blocked everything or you have to pay so ... I need money for my games, I don't throw it through the windows to fckng brainless politicians who'll take it into their pocket and go have sunny vacation with ten babes in a private jet.... .... Oh sorry I went too far again. But yes. We had a minister like that, she used the public funds to build her a golden shower...I mean a shower in gold, he, no bad  joke hidden...

Edited by Elrad

33 minutes ago, Elrad said:

To tell you something that happened to me today : my town is ruled by peoples full of nonsense and illogical way of thinking city design. two years ago there was a very very big parking area near the station. Then they erased a half of it to build a public swimming pool... so exit the easy parking... then today they block the access to the half of what's left to build apartments.... so yeah I couldn't find a single ONE place...:blink:, I had to go back home, park my car in front of my own house and then walk 20 minutes to the station.... Well. Next time, I load my phone with more musics than there already is and I walk without thinking about driving... but yeah...hey blocked everything or you have to pay so ... I need money for my games, I don't throw it through the windows to fckng brainless politicians who'll take it into their pocket and go have sunny vacation with ten babes in a private jet.... .... Oh sorry I went too far again. But yes. We had a minister like that, she used the public funds to build her a golden shower...I mean a shower in gold, he, no bad  joke hidden...

Well, while I've derailed the topic I may as well say. On my third lesson, which was last week, a child ran out hidden behind oncoming traffic and I had to do an emergency stop (before actually covering it my lessons), to which he continued running until he hit the side of the then stationary vehicle as he was looking the opposite direction. He fell back and scuffed his knees but I was really shaken as it happened so quick that I wasn't sure if the kid was alright, he appeared less than a second before hitting me. I'm just glad I was obeying the 20 mph speed limit to stop on time.

Edit:

@Iceeagle85

While I may be late in learning I'm not that old, I've just finished my PhD so I've only just turned 26.  :P

To at least say something on topic. I hope the aliens are slyly removed from the Terrinoth lore. However, I'd love some lizardmen. I'd end up having to buy them on top of the starting faction and the Uthuk Y'llan. Sorry elves but you'll have to have some very interesting unit designs and mechanics to sway me over!

Edited by Muz333