DaverWattra

A little bit of Conflict for hurting people with the Force?

37 pages isn't quickly escalating.

It's a slow ascent while leaking fuel.

We should really focus on the Original Topic here or move on. Otherwise, it's just more off-topic, circular arguments. Entertaining to an extent but you know someone's eventually going to throw enough insults to get this topic locked.

Anyone else gotten a chance to listen to Order 66 episode 95? What are your thoughts on it?

Edited by GroggyGolem

2 hours ago, GroggyGolem said:

We should really focus on the Original Topic here or move on. Otherwise, it's just more off-topic, circular arguments. Entertaining to an extent but you know someone's eventually going to throw enough insults to get this topic locked.

I'm kind of amazed it wasn't locked 20 pages ago, to be frank.  I appreciate a light touch when it comes to moderation, but there's a limit.

And is there a transcript?  I'm one of those weird people who hate listening to podcasts, but is fine reading them.

Edited by Benjan Meruna

7 hours ago, Benjan Meruna said:

I'm kind of amazed it wasn't locked 20 pages ago, to be frank.  I appreciate a light touch when it comes to moderation, but there's a limit.

And is there a transcript?  I'm one of those weird people who hate listening to podcasts, but is fine reading them.

As far as I know, they don't do transcripts. I tend to skip past their beginning stuff which can last somewhere between 10-20 minutes in length before they get to "the meat" of the episode.

31 minutes ago, GroggyGolem said:

As far as I know, they don't do transcripts. I tend to skip past their beginning stuff which can last somewhere between 10-20 minutes in length before they get to "the meat" of the episode.

Each section is preceded by a musical roll-in (you cab usually find the"meat" just by skipping around and listening for Duel of the Fates).

Dave, Chris and Phil also have great radio-personality voices and enunciation. 

All in all, it's one of my favorite podcasts. I still haven't found another gaming podcast that I like as much.

1 hour ago, awayputurwpn said:

Each section is preceded by a musical roll-in (you cab usually find the"meat" just by skipping around and listening for Duel of the Fates).

Dave, Chris and Phil also have great radio-personality voices and enunciation. 

All in all, it's one of my favorite podcasts. I still haven't found another gaming podcast that I like as much.

Yep. Skipping around on the podcast audio player thing is a pain though, I'm guessing downloading episodes is a better option.

On 3/3/2017 at 5:03 AM, GroggyGolem said:

37 pages isn't quickly escalating.

It's a slow ascent while leaking fuel.

Anyone else gotten a chance to listen to Order 66 episode 95? What are your thoughts on it?

I thought it was a great episode.

I do think this iteration of the game requires a reset of expectations.  In previous editions getting a dark side point was a fairly big deal.  Getting Conflict in this system isn't as much of a bid deal (particularly since you won't become an NPC for falling to the dark side).  With the way force powers and the force die works I think they made Conflict a tempting option.

The rules say that Conflict represents that tension between doing what's right and the lure of the dark side but I've seen others suggest it can represent internal Conflict generally.  Either or both work but in general I prefer the "it's the pull of the dark side" interpretation myself because that's a great way to bring that theme into the game.

I also like the way the gaining Conflict is structured.  I think most of the disagreement between a players and a GM involve those immoral acts which don't grant a ton of Conflict which I think relieves some of the tension between PC and GM when Conflict is being handed out (gaining small amount of Conflict isn't that big of a deal).  The rules even state they were designed to reduce argument about this (by adding a randomizing element, and having a table of concrete immoral acts and force power mechanics).

Going back to some of the discussion about whether or not a specific act warrants Conflict or not: I don't think Yoda would gain any Conflict for choosing to confront Sidious and taking out his guards at the end of Ep III.  Reasonable people can disagree here, but my interpretation is that Yoda did not begin the conflict and his confrontation of Sidious was only one engagement of several in the conflict.  If Black Sun took hostages and demanded something as ransom, killed a hostage to show they were serious (as if their reputation wasn't enough) and the Jedi sent a Sentinel and a strike team to deal with it I wouldn't give the Sentinel Conflict for sneaking in there and "initiating" combat by taking out the guards in a sneak attack, etc.  The Sentinel is just responding in a just and temperate way (the response matches the threat) to a conflict someone else initiated.  I think the same applies to Yoda.