Felswrath69

Adventure Pack Scarcity

Greetings!

Long time player of FFG games, and just now going full throttle on LotR LCG and LOVING it.  As my OCD requires me to compete the set, I am in search of some of the older adventure packs in an attempt to collect and play chronologically.  I've stalled out in the Dwarrowdelf cycle not being able to find:

-Watcher in the Water

-Foundations of Stone

-Shadow and Flame

The website just says "out of stock" with no estimated reprint date.  For those of you more experienced players, how often do reprints come and if so, how quickly are they snatched up?

Aside from eBay and FLGS, anyone have any other avenues to purchase some of the older sets?  Thanks!

Amazon might have 3rd party vendors with them. Reprint cycles take about 6 months or so. But LOTR packs always come and go with stock, especially the first two cycles, due to the popularity of the game. Dunno how quickly they're snatched up, though.

Yes those are awaiting reprint. The good news is that all the packs do seem to keep getting a reprint so eventually you will get the missing ones. It is a testament to the popularity of the game that the re-print packs do sell out again. I cant be sure how quickly they sell out, depends on the country you are in. I would pick them up when they come out though rather than wait around. This game demand seems to just keep on going so I cant see them stopping the supply.

5 hours ago, swimmingordy said:

Greetings!

Long time player of FFG games, and just now going full throttle on LotR LCG and LOVING it.  As my OCD requires me to compete the set, I am in search of some of the older adventure packs in an attempt to collect and play chronologically.  I've stalled out in the Dwarrowdelf cycle not being able to find:

-Watcher in the Water

-Foundations of Stone

-Shadow and Flame

The website just says "out of stock" with no estimated reprint date.  For those of you more experienced players, how often do reprints come and if so, how quickly are they snatched up?

Aside from eBay and FLGS, anyone have any other avenues to purchase some of the older sets?  Thanks!

Check thewarstore.com or miniaturemarket.com

That's a long time for a reprint, but not outside the realm of normal.  Looking at how many APs are "at the printer" 1) there is quite a queue and/or 2) once complete there is going to be a massive shipment once complete.  I'm sure we're going to be rolling in APs before we know it.  That's my hope anyway.  I was just at the FFG game store in mn and their selection at the mother store was better but still pretty scarce.

My suggestion to anyone just getting into the game is.. don't do it chronologically.  I understand the "ocd" element, I started out the same way but in the end your going to end up screwing yourself.

in the end you will always get halted somewhere.. it will take MANY months for it to come back in print and while you wait other stuff currently in print will go out of print and you will just get halted somewhere else.

If you try to buy stuff out of print, you will over pay, usually double the price with stupid shipping costs.

Best approach is .. figuire out your budget.. spend it all on what is avaiable... and eventually you will complete your set.  Yeah it sucks, but at this point if you want to complete your collection and not end up over paying for everything, its the only logical route.