Jump to content
vichn

Ways of Chaotic corruption

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, vichn said:

Which could be what, specifically?

Nipple rings (or rings in general) or filed teeth for Slaanesh cultists. Implanted horns for Khornates. Adherents of Nurgle could perhaps use syringes to implant their skin with pustules, or inject themselves with various toxins in general. For followers of Tzeentch, perhaps talon-like ceramite fingernails or blue "reptile eye" contact lenses.

In general, you just need to look at either the daemons or the practices of the cults, and then extrapolate what and how someone could emulate / pay homage to them. ;)

Of course, most things like these are fairly obvious, and so may be encountered openly only in places where the Emperor's light does not reach (underhive, non-Imperial worlds). However, I'm sure some could be passed off as merely a local quirk, to be recognised only by fellow cultists. Elsewhere, such displays of affiliation would likely be far more muted, or perhaps concealed under clothing.

Edited by Lynata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lynata said:

Nipple rings (or rings in general) or filed teeth for Slaanesh cultists. Implanted horns for Khornates. Adherents of Nurgle could perhaps use syringes to implant their skin with pustules, or inject themselves with various toxins in general. For followers of Tzeentch, perhaps talon-like ceramite fingernails or blue "reptile eye" contact lenses.

In general, you just need to look at either the daemons or the practices of the cults, and then extrapolate what and how someone could emulate / pay homage to them. ;)

Of course, most things like these are fairly obvious, and so may be encountered openly only in places where the Emperor's light does not reach (underhive, non-Imperial worlds). However, I'm sure some could be passed off as merely a local quirk, to be recognised only by fellow cultists. Elsewhere, such displays of affiliation would likely be far more muted, or perhaps concealed under clothing.

Khorne: Having your skull chirurgically removed one piece at a time and replaced with a brass replica. Then reassemble your original (bone) skull and sacrifice it on an altar to Khorne.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slaanesh: Prince albert piercing- what? to easy?

Nurgle: ironically wearing cloathing with a biohazard sign on it, but actually  doing it unironically. Nah! Nurgle is easy, like you said, just go catch a disease on purpose and papa will be pleased.

Tzeentch: Yank out your hair and replace it with feathers implanted into the skin. (actually got that one from Netrunner.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ThenDoctor said:

Try the Metamorphica

Holey Moley! This is superb.

Related question: will being in presence (both non-interacting and interacting) of Lord of Change affect you with Corruption/Mutation/anything else?

Edited by vichn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, vichn said:

Related question: will being in presence (both non-interacting and interacting) of Lord of Change affect you with Corruption/Mutation/anything else?

In what capacity? Should say in one of the few stat blocks that exist across the lines.

Even then you'd get a WP test to resist generally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ThenDoctor said:

In what capacity? Should say in one of the few stat blocks that exist across the lines.

Even then you'd get a WP test to resist generally.

I picked up and developed a sequence on the Internet where party follows a group of heretics which perform a ritual and summon a Lord of Change.

The second LoC materializes, the party is trapped in a time loop (but they don't know about it) and time repeats itself.

When they shoot the heretics, they wake up sweating bullets 30 mins earlier and follow the heretics again. When they enter a room, they see themselves already there, fighting the heretics. LoC casts w/e spell comes to his mind and destroys the party-that-fought-the-heretics. Current party resets again.

They wake up dressed as heretics with one thought - complete the ritua. They enter the room, summon a LoC. LoC kills them.

They wake up as heretics, summon LoC, then they are attacked by real themselves. After the fight is over - time resets. 

... Etc., etc.

I have it more or less properly developed, along with consequences and influence after they solve the puzzle. I just don't think pasting a giant piece of text here is a good idea.  TL,DR: They will be fighting will LoC (failing horribly, ofc), they will summon him and they will watch him. So, that's the interactions.

The question is, what could happen to them while they're solving it?

Edited by vichn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I as a player would honestly hate that sort of scenario, time as a mechanic is tricky at best and cliche at worst.

Even then depending on the level of these PCs the Lord of Change could very easily wipe them out with a single power. Lords of Change are not weak or simple by any stretch of the imagination.

Again, it depends on the stat set you're using for the LoC as to what might happen to them. You can't just force mutations onto them willy nilly without them getting a chance to resist or avoid, that's what we have mechanics for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ThenDoctor said:

Again, it depends on the stat set you're using for the LoC as to what might happen to them. You can't just force mutations onto them willy nilly without them getting a chance to resist or avoid, that's what we have mechanics for.

I didn't say I was going to force anything, right?

I was wondering and asking what are possible outcomes of meeting LoC in terms of Warp and other influence. Besides obvious corruption points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...