MajorJuggler

2017 System Open Series Results

615 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2017 at 9:55 PM, Chapperion said:

Anyone know the details on the Biggs, Jess, ARC, TIE list that was flown at Hoth? Looked fun.

I have the photo somewhere on my phone. I'm travelling overseas so ill try to dig it up, pava had m9g8 and the arc was stressbraylen. If you creep me on reddit i posted it somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if FFG would be better off finding the nearest hobby/gaming center to the convention and just have the finale done there instead. Don't think the players would mind stepping away from the convention for a little bit for a less crowded, streaming friendly venue.

 

And congrats @Chumbalaya ! I don't think it is crazy to say winning the System Open series is the biggest accomplishment in X-wing to date (other than perhaps winning Worlds 3 consecutive years). Nand gave us a little preview as to what his card design is going to be when he mentioned a desire to make a Obi-wan or Yoda crew card after he won worlds. Any possibility of a small preview, or has FFG already locked you down on any comments?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kdubb said:

And congrats @Chumbalaya ! I don't think it is crazy to say winning the System Open series is the biggest accomplishment in X-wing to date (other than perhaps winning Worlds 3 consecutive years). Nand gave us a little preview as to what his card design is going to be when he mentioned a desire to make a Obi-wan or Yoda crew card after he won worlds. Any possibility of a small preview, or has FFG already locked you down on any comments?

 

download (3).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Is there a primer somewhere for the draft format used?

Draft format as in how were we ordered to draft or what ships were drafted? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2017 at 9:05 PM, killerbeardhawk said:

Draft format as in how were we ordered to draft or what ships were drafted? 

A list of the drafted ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did Zack Bunn get into this tournament?  He wasn't one of the 8 winners.  Did a winner refuse to go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, ramy said:

How did Zack Bunn get into this tournament?  He wasn't one of the 8 winners.  Did a winner refuse to go?

Yes a winner did not go so he filled the spot. He seems to really have an in with FFG OP.

Edited by Kdubb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Polish player that won Lothal couldn't get a Visa to enter the US.  Dunno what that story was, but it sounds like Zach was a last minute addition to fill out the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kdubb said:

Yes a winner did not go so he filled the spot. He seems to really have an in with FFG OP.

To be fair, he was also in the cut at 2 different system opens form what I remember, and he was on location (as oppoosed to trying to fly in the runner up or something last minute)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That last part is the important bit. Zach was the most qualified player that was already at Celebration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya I have no problem with it. He does seem to be pretty buddy buddy with them even not considering this, but Team Covenant has always been pretty closely knit with FFG for whatever reason and I think that's pretty cool. Wish other gaming stores would go out of their way as much as Team Covenant does to align themselves with the game developers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

Ya I have no problem with it. He does seem to be pretty buddy buddy with them even not considering this, but Team Covenant has always been pretty closely knit with FFG for whatever reason and I think that's pretty cool. Wish other gaming stores would go out of their way as much as Team Covenant does to align themselves with the game developers.

They invested incredibly heavy in Destiny when no one else was, more than anyone and more than a lot of distributors, I they were the only store to order more than the FFG Event Center, iirc and by a lot.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now