MajorJuggler

2017 System Open Series Results

436 posts in this topic

Being a no show is pretty poor behaviour, I agree.  Were they running Hangar Bay events yesterday? At Yavin some players dropped once it became clear they couldn't make day 2 or win any target locks in order to play in the first Hangar Bay.

24 minutes ago, Dave Grant said:

One thing I noted was quite a few players who weren't going to make the cut dropped out before round 7. Some people on lower tables had no opponent show up in last few rounds.

That's pretty poor if you ask me. Whilst there are some genuine reasons people need to go, I don't understand the mentality of coming to an event to play games, and then letting other people down because you had a bad day.

That aside event was really good :-)

This happened a lot at Yavin, but he Yavin team had side events running an an explicit drop option on the results sheets for the rounds.  I'm shocked that a major tournament wouldn't have that - or does it, and people just aren't using it?

Well I was surprised. I have played in many, many wargames tournaments across many systems and I have never seen anything like it before (generally drop outs I've seen were on day 2 from excessive hangovers - even they I have seen some very "green" looking people playing).

But should probably take this to a separate thread to not derail this one.

43 minutes ago, Dave Grant said:

I don't understand the mentality of coming to an event to play games, and then letting other people down because you had a bad day.

Aside from having other things to do, I agree. Whether I'm doing poorly or I'm currently in 1st, I'm always up for an extra round of play, even if that means giving someone the chance to unseat me.

22 minutes ago, AlexW said:

They should have at least reported they were dropping after the previous round though so their opponents were left with no one. 

Absolutely this. There is no reason not to inform the TO, it's unsporting toward your fellow competitors.

3 minutes ago, Ailowynn said:

Supposedly in 8 minutes, but the way things are going, probably closer to 15 or 20. 

Thanks. Is there a stream?

I dropped at Hoth Open when i was mathematically eliminated in round 5 because I wanted to get some dinner and long days playing nothing but X-wing are sometimes rough.