Ynot

Ynot Squad Benchmark

On 3/1/2017 at 9:54 AM, Ynot said:

Some awesome news to report folks!

Denis has finally contacted me which means he is okay!

That should mean that things will progress quicker now.  I'm trying to see if he wants to fully collaborate so we aren't wasting efforts.  

Glad he is ok, thrilled this might progress quicker!

On 2/22/2017 at 7:17 AM, Ynot said:

What OS and Browser are you using?  Fleet Officer and Upsilon TL work fine on Firefox and Chrome in Windows and Linux.

I was using internet explorer I believe, I'll make sure to use Firefox next time

Unsure if previously reported:

When using the VCX with a docked shuttle (both have title), it allows me to set up correctly, but the first time I move the VCX, it automatically undocks the shuttle (using a 1-turn).

9 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

Unsure if previously reported:

When using the VCX with a docked shuttle (both have title), it allows me to set up correctly, but the first time I move the VCX, it automatically undocks the shuttle (using a 1-turn).

My guess is that you are playing using the right side where the default was the computer.  This is known.  I haven't seen it happen when playing as the left side and having the right side be the computer but the computer always undocks the phantom first round and i think this is why it happens when you choose Human for the right side.  Haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.  Lots of other things to do first!

Found an issue using Vessery. If he already has a target lock, when he attacks a different target (one that a friendly ship has target locked), Vessery doesn't get the option of changing his lock to the new target and then using it. His lock stays on the original target.  Am I missing a way to do this?

Edited by Droidlover

I don't know if it's been stated, but I've had an issue with Quickdraw. I don't know what causes it, but sometimes when two enemy ships attack back to back it will prevent Quickdraw from being able to activate his revenge shot.

I've noticed this a few times now - if I bump with a ship that has feedback array equipped, I cannot use feedback on the bumped ship (I still can on other ships in R1 though, just not the bumped ship)

Just found another bug.  It seems as AI ships are using crackshot to cancel their own evade results when they are being attack.  I have had many instances of a TIE dying when it should have only taken two normal hits and had 1 left.

Again not sure if you're aware but if you go back any number of turns it reverts the right player to computer. The left player remains as whatever it was set to

6 hours ago, ObiWonka said:

Bug: Being unable to fire due to hitting a rock triggers during activation instead of combat. Multiple time's I've crossed an asteroid with Dash and rolled off only to be forced to skip my attack.

I've pointed this out as well. The flip side is if you boost or barrel roll onto a rock, you still do get to shoot. It's based on initial placement.

14 hours ago, ObiWonka said:

Bug: Being unable to fire due to hitting a rock triggers during activation instead of combat. Multiple time's I've crossed an asteroid with Dash and rolled off only to be forced to skip my attack.

This has to do with the timing of the part that decides who can shoot and what targets they have.  The timing of this is not right.  We are still working to make it easier to troubleshoot this and then we'll be squashing a bunch of bugs and adding all the new stuff.  I also have to deal with the FAQ updates as well.

4 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Looks like there was a nice new update to our favorite squad tester.

Unfortunately my Snap Shot R3A2 Nien Numb isn't working correctly.  But the triggers for snap shot are there! (its just not rolling any dice)

I mean, it's 2 dice with no modification, so either way you get the same result. :P

34 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Looks like there was a nice new update to our favorite squad tester.

Unfortunately my Snap Shot R3A2 Nien Numb isn't working correctly.  But the triggers for snap shot are there! (its just not rolling any dice)

I haven't made any updates but it looks like Denis did to his and hasn't communicated back with us at all so it looks like there will be no joint effort.  We will be continuing with our fork though for those that are interested.

It's kinda rude if he hasn't even answered your attempts to contact him. Especially since he is aware of your work, as he mentioned it in his blogpost.

Also, his updated version is a giant mess at the moment. Sticking to yours, at least for now.

Edit: by the way, are the planning phase calculations done client-side or server-side?

Edited by Elavion