Ynot

Ynot Squad Benchmark

I just wanted to necro this thread to inquire if Squadron Benchmark will ever updated again. That was wonderful tool - unfortunately many months passed since last update; one can hope someone will took it off again.

On 12/19/2017 at 9:38 PM, Lobokai said:

Monthly bump... hoping someone is willing to update it... maybe? 

There are a couple of major issues that make it difficult to commit to supporting this:

1) The current support for "interrupt" abilities - Snap Shot being the big offender - is rudimentary and super-hacky right now.  The whole engine needs to be moved to an event-listener model... which means re-coding every single ship and the main game loop.

2) Recent pro-security updates to some browsers mean that the tournament list feature needs to be cleaned up and made secure.

3) Committing to supporting this project in the long term basically means owning a complete open-source project, which is a big job in and of itself.

I'd like to take a look at this again once I'm out of school, but it's going to be a few months at least.

Edited by sleet01

Well if one thing is that big of a gremlin... skip it... or at least lowest of low priorities

im not hoping someone takes it over... just a fly by update without ship graphics (just names and arcs) would be a godsend 

5 hours ago, baranidlo said:

Good news, everyone!

Please check the updated version of Squad Benchmark here:

https://baranidlo.github.io/bench

Currently included are all the ship and pilot data up to Wave 13.

However most of the cards and effects are not implemented yet, with the exception of Advanced Optics, StarViper Mk. II and Thweek's Shadowed condition.

I will be adding more content continuously, depending on what time permits.

If you find any bug or error in the existing functionality, please report here:

https://github.com/baranidlo/bench/issues

Have fun!

Your community reputation cannot repel likes of this magnitude! 

(Seriously everybody, shower this man in likes).

9 hours ago, baranidlo said:

Good news, everyone!

However most of the cards and effects are not implemented yet, with the exception of Advanced Optics, StarViper Mk. II and Thweek's Shadowed condition.

Have fun!

AMAZING. This is absurdly helpful stuff. Thank you.

Edited by Boom Owl

10 hours ago, baranidlo said:

Good news, everyone!

Have fun!

Many many thanks!!!

It won't let me post an issues on the site, so I'll post them here, and not trying to complain, just compiling a list of things I found.

Kylo Ren (crew) does not work. When you attempt to use him, you click on the icon to choose the action, and then the game freezes.

And the resistance bomber does not have a turret.

And Snapshot freezes the game.

Another (corner case) thing is that Kanan is mandatory when he is not supposed to be. I was running Rey and Ibtisam, and I could not keep my stress on him, because Kanan removed it.

Also the Shadow Casters mobile arc is not shown, despite being able to use it properly, you just can't see where it is pointing.

Actually, all aux arc ships don't show their aux arc on the tile, but can still use it.

With a tractor beam, you can make ships literately be on top of each other, not bumping, but overlapping.

Fearlessness is supposed to trigger out of aux arcs, but it only triggers out of the front arc.

Hope that helps, and thank you so much for taking up the mantle!

Edited by gryffindorhouse
EDIT: some of the things got fixed! Thank you so much!

I've been wanting to try out the Wookiee gunship with Reinforce, but that hasn't been implemented yet it seems. I do have a work-around though for anyone interested:

Select the ship that needs the reinforce and click "alt+2" to add an evade. You'll have to sort out for yourself if the Reinforce is Forward or Rear facing & whether it applies, but I'm sure it will be addressed in time.

There are more things you can do using the keyboard bindings as well, if you hadn't noticed them:

mN2e9sz.png

Edited by Force Majeure

23 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

I've been wanting to try out the Wookiee gunship with Reinforce, but that hasn't been implemented yet it seems. I do have a work-around though for anyone interested:

Select the ship that needs the reinforce and click "alt+2" to add an evade. You'll have to sort out for yourself if the Reinforce is Forward or Rear facing & whether it applies, but I'm sure it will be addressed in time.

There are more things you can do using the keyboard bindings as well, if you hadn't noticed them:

mN2e9sz.png

I use the keyboard a lot. Mostly for intensity, as it hasn’t been implemented yet. 

21 minutes ago, Antipodean Ork said:

For some reason I couldn't post on the bug page either.

Crack Shot - the ship that is equipped with Crack Shot is the ship that gets the evade cancel when fired on, not the other way around!

This has been reported and the developer is aware of the issue.