Chief Hugh

What swarm leader should have been to bring swarms back

Limited EPT. You cannot equip this card if your primary attack is 3 or greater. 4 evade tokens may been spent rather than 3.

Or

If your primary attack value is two or lower, 5 evade tokens may be spent rather than only 3. (this allows it to still be useable on 3 primary attack ships)

I haven't decided if it should be 4 or 5 evade token that can be spent. I think swarms may need to be able to spend up to five in the meta we have now.

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

Yeah Swarm Leader doesnt really contribute to a swarm all that much. Snapshot does a better job in that area, though marginally.

Gotta admit though Swarm Leader makes the triple TIE Adv list kinda mean. Vader has a true bite now lol

So something like this:

Darth Vader (29)
Swarm Leader (3)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)

Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Total: 100

Edited by WWHSD

31 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

So something like this:

Darth Vader (29)
Swarm Leader (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)

Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

I'd much prefer someone like Vessery driving this bus. Swarm leader without a good source of rerolls is willy-shrivelingly unimpressive and disappointing.

I have an evade token question for Omega Leader and Inqusitor. When you do actions with Omega, and assuming you already have an evade token from Comms Relay, can you do another evade action after moving? Same question for inquisitor with push the limit. You do and evade action first, then target lock, which gives you another free evade... Is this legal?  I guess my question derives from other ships that can have multiple focus tokens...

11 minutes ago, STELE said:

I have an evade token question for Omega Leader and Inqusitor. When you do actions with Omega, and assuming you already have an evade token from Comms Relay, can you do another evade action after moving? Same question for inquisitor with push the limit. You do and evade action first, then target lock, which gives you another free evade... Is this legal?  I guess my question derives from other ships that can have multiple focus tokens...

1. Yes, but it's a wasted action given that comm relay says you can't have more than one

2. TIE adv. prototype doesn't have natural evade action

27 minutes ago, STELE said:

15 minutes ago, DeathstarII said:

1. Yes, but it's a wasted action given that comm relay says you can't have more than one

2. TIE adv. prototype doesn't have natural evade action

Correct, and even then you cannot perform the same action twice in one round.  And if a ship does happen to have two or more Evade tokens assigned (through one of a variety of ways), you can only ever spend one to cancel a hit result while defending.

They should have added this (maybe as a keyword with a reference card): "After the ship equipped with this card is destroyed, you may equip this card to another friendly ship of the same ship type at range 1-3"

This would make it usable on TIE, A-Wing and Scyk swarms, without the ship equipped just being exploded first.

1 hour ago, WWHSD said:

So something like this:

Darth Vader (29)
Swarm Leader (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)

Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Actually when i ran it i had Juno and Maarek. One less ship but PTL lets them basically freely feed the Swarm Leader, and dunno how many times even just +1 die made Vader's attack hit. I treated like a bonus, not the end-all to my list.

Vader 29 (36)
Swarm Leader (3)
Stealth Device (3)
Title (0)

ATC (1)

Juno 28 (32)
PTL (3)
Title (0)
ATC (1)

Maarek Stele 27 (32)
PTL (3)
Title (0)
Mk2 Engine (1)
ATC (1)

Its primarily thematic, "Vader's Attack Formation" is what its called. I even try to fly it in a V if i can (thats freakin hard...). Prior to Swarm Leader it was just that, thematic. However ive ran it 6-7 times and went against some gnarly lists (not dengaroo) and still won. Its got some pretty good bite in it, and Maarek tends to be ignored both because Juno's maneuvers and Vader's sheer power scares people lol he often is the MVP with that crit shenanigan.

Edited by Vineheart01

2 hours ago, WWHSD said:

So something like this:

Darth Vader (29)
Swarm Leader (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)

Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Trinity Squad Gaming was nice enough to run a fly loose Monday match featuring that list, see here

It may not be overly competitive, but it was hilarious to see in action.