Sign in to follow this  
korekore

Aqisiton modifers and rarity for vehicles

So I have been looking through the Apocryphy Vehicles from dark reign and I was wondering what their rarity would be. Also what kind of modifers should be applied to vehicles like this for acquisiton?

Graver suggested some in this thread.

Aquila Lander, Rare
Armored Sedan, Scarce
Arvus Lighter, Scarce
Bike, Common
Cargo-8, Average
Cargo Lander, Scarce
Cart, Abundant
Chariot, Abundant
Chimera, Very Rare
Combat Bike, Scarce
Cycle, Plentiful
Guncutter, Very Rare
Junk, Common
Macro-Hauler, Very Rare
Magos Sky Platform, Mechanicus
Motor Skiff, Scarce
Outrider or Chop-Buggy, Common
Quad Car, Average
Rhino APC, Rare
Scarab Patrol Cruiser, Rare
Sentinel Recon Walker, Rare
Speeder Carriage, Very Rare

should they have any additional modifier for scale? or should getting 100 walks be the same as getting 100 guns of the same rarity? Also has anyone made stats for a baneblade?

korekore said:

should they have any additional modifier for scale? or should getting 100 walks be the same as getting 100 guns of the same rarity? Also has anyone made stats for a baneblade?

No scale modifiers beyond the number you wish to buy. So if a gun has the same rarity as a vehicle, then it's the same target value for both.

Just remember, unless the vehicle is capable of reaching orbit, you will also need to acquire means to move it between your ship and the surface.

Bilateralrope said:

Chimera, Very Rare
Rhino APC, Rare

Why's the chimera rarer than the Rhino? it would arguably be much easier to find the workhorse of the Guard than a Rhino, which is favored by Space Marines and the inquisition.

just sayin'.

korekore said:

So I have been looking through the Apocryphy Vehicles from dark reign and I was wondering what their rarity would be. Also what kind of modifers should be applied to vehicles like this for acquisiton?

I suggest you get hold of Into The Storm. It's vehicle rules are better.

kollhammer said:

Bilateralrope said:

Chimera, Very Rare
Rhino APC, Rare

Why's the chimera rarer than the Rhino? it would arguably be much easier to find the workhorse of the Guard than a Rhino, which is favored by Space Marines and the inquisition.

just sayin'.

Agreed.  Paradoxically, the Chimera is better than the Rhino in just about every way (save, perhaps, speed).   Better frontal armor, more weapons, it's amphibious.   From a pure crunchy standpoint, it should be harder to get your hands on than the simplistic Rhino.  However, every Imperial Guard army has tons of these things, but Space Marine gear is super rare in comparison.  At that point, the Rhino, at least to me, is more of a status symbol than anything else.

Right now, vehicles are a welcome addition, but I'd like a lot more.  You know, customization kits, upgrades, etc.  I want to drive around a planet on a heavily upgraded Chimera, supported by other elements of Imperial Armor as I roll through the opposition in my way.  I'm hoping that stuff makes it in to Battlefleet Koronus.

In my oppinion the benefits of the Rhino should extend beyond its 'combat stats'.

The main streangth of the rhino is supposed to be its robust and modular nature. It is supposed to be able to come back from almost any type of damage and handle any type of enviroment. On the tabletop this is represented by allowing their crew to attempt a repair role the same way a tech-priest would. Its modularity is represented by the different configurations it can come in (tank, APC, and APC with weapons platform).

So for my players I allow them to easily refit it for any mission, repairs via tech-use all recieve significant bonuses (enough to overcome lack of training), and it doesn't break down for ANYTHING. You can take it through a swamp, deasert, ice storm, or death world and it will keep on kicking. A lander can take it down from orbit with a full crew, it off, and it can immediately move out.

The rhino is a robust assault vehicle used by well armored space marines, the chimera is mainly a troop transport. The chimera does work better in typical transport troops in battlefield situation, but the rhino is a more robust and versatile transport option for insertion and unusual situations.

This is my take on the Rhino because I really never liked the official versions, far too *****. This one borrows from the fluff in Imp Armour V1 and a few ideas there to make it a little more interesting.

The Rhino Chassis
In its standard format, the Rhino is a heavily armoured transport, but there are many variations on the base pattern which lend it to tactical roles of support, light tank, assault and command vehicles. They are an ancient STC pattern and make the best use of the technology of that era by being powerful, lightweight and legendarily robust.
The Rhino is powered by four, independent MkII Mars Pattern adaptable thermic combustor reaction engines, each runs a dynamo which in turn is attached to two electric motors and recharges the vehicles batteries. Should an engine be damaged it will lose 20% of its speed (for each one lost) and is capable of limping along on one engine that will move it via an auxiliary drive shaft and differential. Even is all four engines are destroyed, the Rhino will still run at 50% speed for 300km on its internal batteries. Each engine has its own fuel supply (will run on any flamable liquid) and internal oxygen supply, in cases of deep fording or airless environments the external air intakes will need to be closed and it will continue to run.
Rhino's don't have the advanced machine spirit that a Landraider does, but they are still marvels of technology in their own right that are up to 8000 years old and still in service with some marine chapters.
History: (1D5)
Ancient- A handful of Rhino's have been in service for many 1000’s of years and have +5 Armour and +5 Structural Integrity
2 Lord of War- This particular machine is a legendary vehicle that causes Fear (2) against one type of enemy of mankind (Chaos, Heretics, Eldar, Orks etc)
3 Venerated- Hull is adorned with purity seals and hex wards giving its full armour save vs warp or psy attacks, the crew receives +30 to mental psy attacks
4 Battle Worn- Has taken the worst war can throw at it but perseveres, it has -5 Structural Integrity but has +2m Tactical, +10km/h Cruising Speeds and +10 Handling
5 Newly Minted- Easy to live with as everything is in perfect working order, additional +10 to Tech Use tests to repair, +5 Handling and +5 Structural Integrity

Rhino APC
Weight 30T Length 6.6m Width 4.5m Height 3.6m Ground Clearance 0.44m
Type: Ground Vehicle Size: Enormous
Armour: Front: 30 Side: 30 Rear: 24 Structural Integrity: 35
Tactical Speed: 15m Cruising Speed: 70km/h Handling Modifier: 0
Crew: (2) Driver, Gunner Transport: 10 Marines, 15 Humans
Access Points: Side Doors, Rear Ramp, Top Hatch
Armaments
Pintle: Storm Bolter (Range 90m RoF S/2/4 DAM 1D10+5X PEN 4 Magazine 800 rounds- Tearing, Reliable, Storm)
Traits
All Terrain:
No penalty for moving over difficult terrain Amphibious: Fording depth of 13metres
Reliability: +20 to tests to repair the vehicle Reinforced Hull: Critical Hit damage is reduced by half

Options: Dozer Blade, Extra Armour, Hunter-Killer Missile, Improved Comms, Smoke Launcher and Searchlight

Hunter Killer Missile
Single Anti-Aircraft missile with a +20 to Hit, does 3D10+6 Pen 6 and a range of 350m

Improved Comms
Long range comms array run by the tank commander that gives +10 to Command tests of allied vehicles and infantry in a squadron deployment

Dozer Blade
This functions for digging, demolishing things and also removes landmines when deployed, slows vehicle by 50% when being used and adds +10 Armour to the Front

Pintle Weapon
The vehicle mounts a Heavy Stubber or Storm bolter for clearing infantry near the tank, either controlled by remote or a manned from the turret

Search Light
+10 to Search and Awareness tests at night

Smoke Launchers
Shrouds the vehicle in smoke and grants 50% cover against direct hits, blast weapons work as normal, contains 6 uses

Extra Armour:
-5km/h speed, +5 Armour (Noted), Reduces Critical hits by Half (if after Reinforced Hull- quartered round down) to a minimum of Jarring Blow effect