WunderPanda

Quick Newbe build question

Ok, here's a newbe with probably a much repeated question (although reading through the fora did help already a lot). Having played xwing, Imperial Assault and Rebelion it is time to embark on Armada! Unfortunately some of the stuff I wanna buy is currently out of stock. So Ive been thinking of settling with a modest 390 build to get started 

rebels (general dodona): 2xCR90; 1xMC30scout; 1xNebulonB; luke; 3xXwings

imperial (jerjerrod): 2xVSD; 1xLightCruiser, 6xTies

I pretty much use all upgrade cards to get to (almost)400. For imperials, i use jerjerrod for the VSDs maneuverbility and the LC centicore title to act as forward command centre for the ties i thought.... 

Is this a viable (and balaced) list to play 400-ish battles? Once my desired expansions are available, I would like to top it of with Squad 1 packs for each faction (particular for bombers) and perhaps a Gladiator...

let me know what you think! :-)

The rebel list is a little light going up agsinst 2 vics and a light cruiser.  The squadrons are basically balenced with a slight edge to the imps.  The MC 30 is a good ship but it is better supporting a Assault Frigate or running in pairs.  I actually like Mon Mothma with this fleet.  Every ship wild benifit from her ability.

Edited by mcworrell

Hm, and if I loose the light cruiser? I still have quite manueverable Vics due to JJ, but maybe I can balance the two fleets out a little bit? The idea really is to invite friends or play with family who dont own Armada and we still have a great time with what I have in store :-) 

Regarding the assault frigate, I am not so much a fan of the design cosmetically and would like to stick to the more classic cinematic designs of ships.... Running 2 MC30s however, I am not so sure yet what the strategy would be compared to the AF... 

Also, I managed to get my hands on  some (bomber) squadrons packs which I expect in a week or so to arrive; if i put bwings alongside the xwings, would that improve the odds for the current rebel list? Ofcourse I will put a pair of bombers also alongside a Vic (with the corrupter title)!! Vic without bombers is unthinkable!!!