Nice.  I looooove the trap stuff in this pack.   It is the kind of trap synergy I have been looking for - mainly effects that benefit you for keeping enemies in traps instead of encourage you to kill them faster.

Edit: Ooo, another Ent hero?  Predictions?  And Beornings?

Edited by Teamjimby

Just do Bombadil and Goldberry already!

In all seriousness though, I think Followed is fantastic for a Dúnedain deck just play it on a high threat enemy you snared previousl, and there you go. I also like that we got a nice questing ally too, though sadly he's Gondor.

Edited by Gizlivadi

This cycle keeps on giving. They seem to want to revisit everything. The new Encounter cards are great, but more trap cards are always welcome.

I can't wait to see who the new hobbit and ent are and how they synergy with the existing cards.

So the art on both locations is the same, but one is just slightly zoom in? That's kinda weird....

I'm kind of torn on Wind From the Sea. It seems really powerful at first, but without encounter deck scrying, you are likely just going to be readying characters that you didn't need for combat anyways. It will be nicer the more players you have though.

2 minutes ago, donkler said:

I'm kind of torn on Wind From the Sea. It seems really powerful at first, but without encounter deck scrying, you are likely just going to be readying characters that you didn't need for combat anyways. It will be nicer the more players you have though.

Do you like it better than Ranger Summons/Ranger of the North?

Well, you are essentially negating one encounter card draw, so in it's own is already powerful. The chance to ready a character, even as a shadow, is just the icing on the cake.

Nice! Love the expansion of traps.  Not only is it a new sphere (tactics), it's a new variation on the existing mechanic.  We had one trap that you could play on enemies who are already engaged (Forest Snare), but this new one feels fresh and more trappy.

2 minutes ago, Bullroarer Took said:

Do you like it better than Ranger Summons/Ranger of the North?

Better I think, since the chance to negate one encounter card in the future is definitely very good. Compared to Gildor's Counsel it's cheaper and useful in more situations. Still though, to me it definitely feels like a "win more" card rather than something that is going to help me get my footing at the start of a quest.

43 minutes ago, donkler said:

Better I think, since the chance to negate one encounter card in the future is definitely very good. Compared to Gildor's Counsel it's cheaper and useful in more situations. Still though, to me it definitely feels like a "win more" card rather than something that is going to help me get my footing at the start of a quest.

Yeah, getting over my original excitement of seeing Encounter keywords again, I think this card is win-more, but I'm not sure about better. It does negate an encounter draw, but Ranger Summons gets you a 2/2/2/2 Ranged + Sentinel ally, for cost of 1. You just have to be patient to get it, but that's a hell of a bargain. Readying heroes isn't 100% useful, since you usually have dedicating questing heroes and you don't necessarily need them ready.

I luv the rare traits (ent hero, beornings!!) and the clever additions to existing mechanics (tactic traps, encounter card) that bring a refreshing touch and new path to explore for deck building: AWESOME job again developpers! I look forward to this.

Long live LOTR

44 minutes ago, John Constantine said:

I really think those encounter-shuffling effects should shuffle the cards into top 5 cards or something instead of entire deck.

Probable too consistent then?

In my personal errata i use "Shadow: Reveal this card" for the ranger. For that card, i would probable "Shadow: Shuffle this card into the encounter deck".

Another problem is I basically only include those cards in 4 players games and generally after some turns, more certain they will show up. Anyway to make then uncertain but balanced for 1-4 players?

1 minute ago, Edvando said:

Probable too consistent then?

In my personal errata i use "Shadow: Reveal this card" for the ranger. For that card, i would probable "Shadow: Shuffle this card into the encounter deck".

Another problem is I basically only include those cards in 4 players games and generally after some turns, more certain they will show up. Anyway to make then uncertain but balanced for 1-4 players?

There is no such thing as "too consistent". There is almost no point to play those encounter player cards in solo as you have big chances of never seeing them ever.

53 minutes ago, Network57 said:

Yeah, getting over my original excitement of seeing Encounter keywords again, I think this card is win-more, but I'm not sure about better. It does negate an encounter draw, but Ranger Summons gets you a 2/2/2/2 Ranged + Sentinel ally, for cost of 1. You just have to be patient to get it, but that's a hell of a bargain. Readying heroes isn't 100% useful, since you usually have dedicating questing heroes and you don't necessarily need them ready.

Ranger Summons is a blank Shadow Card though.

Just now, Bullroarer Took said:

Ranger Summons is a blank Shadow Card though.

So? It can't be too powerful. Tom Bombadil is a blank shadow, too. You just lose gaining an ally, but at least you've avoided any shadow effect.

This pack looks really exciting. Truly some game-changing cards for Dunedain and for Gondor rangers.

Followed seems to not have a limit 1 per enemy on it. So if I have two copies in play they would both attach to the enemy and I'd subtract 2X threat every round?

When you think about it, Followed equates to a 1 cost ally with 2-3 willpower that's immune to treacheries - in tactics. That's crazy!

Wind from the Sea looks great for multiplayer, particularly with Shadow of the Past.

Edited by Seastan