JediGeekGirl

*updated 8/29/17* The Chance Cube's Card Price Watch thread

49 posts in this topic

I like not including Rares/Legendaries under $5. 

I don't quite understand the terminology in the promos. Acrylic extended? Oversize plastic extended? I don't think I've heard of these. The only promos I know of are the GenCon extended Rey/Kylo, pre-release alt art Rey. Qtr 1 alt art Kylo, alt art FO TIE, and acrylic resource tokens. 

2 hours ago, Hawkman2000 said:

I like not including Rares/Legendaries under $5. 

I don't quite understand the terminology in the promos. Acrylic extended? Oversize plastic extended? I don't think I've heard of these. The only promos I know of are the GenCon extended Rey/Kylo, pre-release alt art Rey. Qtr 1 alt art Kylo, alt art FO TIE, and acrylic resource tokens. 

The Acrylic Extended are the cards made out of Acrylic plastic that you got from beating a staff member of FFG at their Preview Event in November. Very pricy...Very Rare. The Oversize plastic Double-sided Extended card is what you got for attending that same event. Details are found here: http://www.thechancecube.com/promotional-materials/ 

22 hours ago, JediGeekGirl said:

The Acrylic Extended are the cards made out of Acrylic plastic that you got from beating a staff member of FFG at their Preview Event in November. Very pricy...Very Rare. The Oversize plastic Double-sided Extended card is what you got for attending that same event. Details are found here: http://www.thechancecube.com/promotional-materials/ 

Snazzy. Reminds me of The Team Covenant Videos.

Posted (edited)

Coming to you late late last night, The Card Price Watch has been updated. With the aftermath of the product news, how has that affected the market? Find out after following the link above and as always. Don't leave your Destiny to chance.

Edited by JediGeekGirl

Looks like the best Legendaries have gone up a bit - Vader, Han, Force Choke, etc. Here's hoping the next wave of Awakenings product will help with that. Although with new product (Awakenings and SoR), it's possible that new players will increase the secondary. Hard to say. 

Posted (edited)

Why does force choke cost so stinking much...i own it...I use it...it's good but by no means stand out as better to me for cost over other things like force throw and reys staff etc...so weird 

Edited by DarthBlade

17 minutes ago, DarthBlade said:

Why does force choke cost so stinking much...i own it...I use it...it's good but by no means stand out as better to me for cost over other things like force throw and reys staff etc...so weird 

I have wondered this myself.  I have sold 1, and I have a complete play set of literally everything else (1 of unique legendaries).  I cannot get myself to try and get force choke, though.  Not for the price.  I understand how it is better (slightly) than immobilize, but I like immobilize more (I like Shields, and the action ALWAYS works, unlike force choke).

So, when I asked someone else this question, they said that in addition to being a legendary, it is also the most iconic force power, with a picture of the most iconic force user from the series. 

Posted (edited)

I had always picked Choke to become the most valuable card in the set, the reasons being:

1. It costs 2 so you can always get it out turn 1 if you draw it (barring Han/Rey tricks)
  2. It has 2 special sides so its far more likely to roll up the special effect.
  3. The special effect does 2 things, changes a die and deals unblockable damage. And if you really want you can use it as a painful instant focus, the look on your opponents face when you change your own force throw/mind probe die to a special and resolve it straight away is quite funny. (Bearing in mind the throw/probe must be on another character)
  4. It works with Holocron
  5. The 2 disrupt face is actually quite intimidating in a lot of situations forcing your opponent to spend resources at a less opportune time or face losing them altogether.
  6. And unfortunately it’s a legendary, but something had to be right
  7. All the fluff stuff mentioned by Trax above.

Super glad I got my 2 early on, I see it being a staple in all blue Villain decks along with Holocron for the foreseeable future

Edited by Mace Windu

Another Sunday Night, another late night Card Price Watch update. This week we noticed some changes. Some of them are as followed: prices dropping on ebay, more stock going out of stock, and one store not only getting more product but lowing their prices. To see those and more, please follow the link to check up on the prices of the market.

-Don't leave your Destiny to chance

The Card Price Watch has been been updated. In this week's update we updated our listing to include 2 more sources as well as removed one. Prices are stable and stock haven't been much of an issue, but I have been amazed how many different places there are for the lowest prices. Not one source has all the lowest prices. Check out the details after the link and as always, Don't leave your Destiny to chance.

Our Card Price Watch has been updated. We are getting ready for Spirit of Rebellion and have made changes accordingly in preparation. Also prices are slowly coming down and we expect the trend to continue in the future. Check it out via the link below and as always......

-Don't leave your Destiny to chance.

Our Card Price Watch has been updated. Card prices are slowly dropping on this verge of a new set in a few week. In addiction to our regular update, we also added another source and a promo section. Be sure to check it out after the link and as always...

Don't leave your Destiny to chance.

Our weekly update to our price watch is now complete. A new source has been added as prices are still slowly going down. Check it out following the link proved. Thank you and Mtfbwy.

During an exciting week of worlds, a new set was released. With it comes an updated Price Watch. Awakenings prices are slowly going down and Spirit of Rebellion has been added. Please check it out by clicking on the link.

Trand likes this

The Chance Cube's Card Price Watch has been updated. In order to best provide the most accurate vaules available we changed our policy to only include sources prices if they have product in stock. Also we expanded our Top 5 lists to being the Top 10. How does this policy affect values? What are valued cards 6-10? Most importantly does anyone have any Poes? Follow the link to find out these answers and more and thank you for checking it out.