Chuntsinger

mel's miniatures reactions

Very disappointed in my shapeways order... got one dreadnaught. And one lancer... pics will come soon. But...

Omg, I should have ordered more!!! Ahahaha.  Sorry. Love it. Came quicker than expected. And the quality, even the lower quality lancer was awesome. Thanks Mel

59 minutes ago, Altahara said:

Very disappointed in my shapeways order... got one dreadnaught. And one lancer... pics will come soon. But...

Omg, I should have ordered more!!! Ahahaha.  Sorry. Love it. Came quicker than expected. And the quality, even the lower quality lancer was awesome. Thanks Mel

I'm only ever disappointed when I check my credit card statement ;-)

Well this is filling a niche that... er... *checks age (god I feel old* *does math*  12-13 year old me REAAAAAALLY wanted.  Model Dreadnoughts, model lancers, all those good and wonderful things that X-Wing, TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance along with the whole EU catalogue and then to a lesser extend (because WTF is a Tartan Cruiser?!) Empire At War introduced.  I still play EaW, quite a lot (the Thrawn's Revenge Mod is epic), but to be able to hold in my hands, paint, and generally play with some of these things taps a part of me which I will never let go of.  Because I don't want to be a boring old fart with a mortgage, insurance and an opinion on Capital Gains or Income tax.  

So kudos to Mel, and all the other model makers, designers, creatives and dreamers who let me dream a bit more myself.

Having set that if Mel would like to get into processing Shapeways high quality prototypes (I was thinking metals) into pressure-cast resin replicas to increase volume + profit, I'd totally entertain being a part of that.  I've never been a good enough scratch modelmaker to do it myself.

Can any of you guys (or Mel!) chime in on the size of Mel's Defender Corvette from in the "squadron" section?  I'm wondering if they are large enough to base the pair of them to be a homebrew Rebel gunship flotilla (the fact that technically they are from the Old Republic notwithstanding- they still look awesome).  I can't get a good idea in my head from the Shapeways measurements.

The models seem to be the size of a large-size squadron ship, but their in-universe length according to Wookiepedia puts them at larger than a GR75, which would be perfect for a flotilla if that's the size they are.

Edited by AegisGrimm

4 hours ago, Chuntsinger said:

that's way cool man.  On a side note, Rogue One is on DVD/Blu-ray now.  which means that we can watch vader cut people over and over again

First thing I did: obsess over the HD shots of the MC75 to check if I did something wrong. I gotta say I'm very proud of the level of detail and proportions I managed to take from the images in the Visual Guide and the HD trailers.

Edited by melminiatures