Seastan

The Middle-earth Hero Auction!

In the interest in saving myself a lot of bookkeeping as people bid back and forth from 0-1-2-3-4... up to a reasonable value, I'm going to ask that from now on you make your minimum bid for a hero as 4 less than their actual threat value. I think we can all agree that pretty much any hero is still a steal at that much of a discount. 

8 hours ago, Seastan said:

In the interest in saving myself a lot of bookkeeping as people bid back and forth from 0-1-2-3-4... up to a reasonable value, I'm going to ask that from now on you make your minimum bid for a hero as 4 less than their actual threat value. I think we can all agree that pretty much any hero is still a steal at that much of a discount. 

Did you see my question about 2-hero decks?

The OP has been updated to reflect the current bids. I went ahead and entered myself as a placeholder bid for each hero at 1 under their minimum bid.

Keep in mind that you must always beat the previous bid by at least 1. So if you are willing to spend 8 on a hero, but not 9, then bidding 7 can be dangerous :D.

As an aside, I think a modified version of this game could be really fun in a small group with instant communication, but wouldn't really work in a forum: You would basically shuffle up your whole set of heroes and reveal them 1 by 1, and have people make threat bids on the hero starting at the minimum until no one is willing to go higher, then reveal the next hero, and so on until everyone has enough. You could hold off on bidding until the last three heroes are revealed of course, but you end up risking being stuck with whatever heroes get turned up.

2 minutes ago, Network57 said:

26 for the twins plus Arwen? You're almost at their real threat cost!

:D Yup! I'm okay with that--I have never built a 3 siblings deck, so I'd be okay with not getting a discount. Good excuse to try something new.

Edited by Authraw

13 minutes ago, jjohnson111 said:

When we get around to the quests, should we keep score in order to see who gets bragging rights? :D

Here we go with my bids: 

Nori - 8
Bifur - 5 
Gimli (Le) - 10

I'm not planning on keeping score. I'm doing this just to see if I can. I'm excited to try a deck of my choosing against a quest not of my choosing. What'll it be? Mount Gram? This might suck. Wastes? Bring it on.

2 hours ago, Authraw said:

Bidding war!

Elladan - 9

Elrohir - 9

Well played sir!! Too rich for my blood!?

I'll switch tactics and go for....

Celeborn - 7

Haldir - 5

Keeping spirifindel at 3