Green Knight

CC My ideas for house rules and tweaks

16 minutes ago, FourDogsInaHorseSuit said:

It's a house rule. Use common sense about the intent.

Common sense says for 5 points and APT I get to choose from 4, FOUR! crit cards to give you, almost every turn. At 10 points and you get to choose from 2 crit cards, it would be more palatable.  I liked your house rule, but this one does seem to break it.

1 minute ago, Cusm said:

Common sense says for 5 points and APT I get to choose from 4, FOUR! crit cards to give you, almost every turn. At 10 points and you get to choose from 2 crit cards, it would be more palatable.  I liked your house rule, but this one does seem to break it.

For one ship, yea. But if you want to intentionally retire a fleet to throw a discount Dodanna on one APT ship I think I'm ok with that.

1 hour ago, FourDogsInaHorseSuit said:

It's a house rule. Use common sense about the intent.

Thank you. It amazes me how many times I've seen interesting ideas get shot down because the developers couldn't do it within the rules they set for themselves. It really isn't hard to just agree that a Crew!Admiral only works for the ship they're actually on, and Konstantine is the only one I can think of that presents any real trouble. Well him and Dodonna but it isn't hard to just agree that Dodonna only applies when the damage was caused by the ship he's on. This isn't an official thing guys, interpreting the rules according to intent will be more productive than rules-lawyering. Especially since to use a house rule you have to discuss things like Dodanna technically being the same when you suggest using the rule in the first place. 

Looking over the commander options, almost all of them work perfectly if you replace "each friendly ship" with "this ship," except for Konstantine and Dodonna. For Konstantine, maybe apply his ability to one enemy ship per turn and/or say that Konstantine must be on one of the friendly ships that triggers the ability? He's a bit awkward to work with in this regard but I think it could be sorted out easily enough with players willing to use this rule. I might have to suggest it when the next campaign starts. 

33 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Current fav house rule in our ongoing CC game is:

Alternate use for Skilled Spacers - Can be spent to temporarily give a ship or unique squad a Veteran token (lasts 1 battle). So cool.

This might be a little strong on turn 1, but outside that I like it overall. I think doing more with the special planets greatly increases the diversity of what will happen over the course of a campaign, instead of being able to guess what will happen every turn with 95% accuracy as there is really only 1 or 2 good moves that make sense.

52 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

This might be a little strong on turn 1, but outside that I like it overall. I think doing more with the special planets greatly increases the diversity of what will happen over the course of a campaign, instead of being able to guess what will happen every turn with 95% accuracy as there is really only 1 or 2 good moves that make sense.

Once there was this game...and Yavaris-Wedge started as a Vet on round 1. That was painful :)

My group are significantly changing the rules of CC, mostly to add better strategic effects, but also to make Show of Force more difficult. Below are just my suggestions to my group about the changes to strategic effects, but to better understand these changes you need to know that we've nixed Base Defense: Ion Cannon and changed the Unarmed Bases in Show of Force to Armed Bases that also have a single Brace defense token each. Anything in bold and in italics is a change we've made to make Diplomats, Spynet and Skilled Spacers more appealing.

Diplomats

·         At the beginning of the Strategy Phase, each team gains a number of Diplomat tokens equal to the number of locations that team controls with the Diplomats strategic effect. Then, starting with the team that does not have initiative, each team may alternate placing one Diplomat token on one unoccupied or affiliated location on the map. Assaults may not be declared against these locations. At the end of the Strategy Phase, remove all Diplomat tokens from the map and return them to the supply. Unused Diplomats tokens may be stockpiled by a team.

·         Consequences Laid Out (Imperial): While attacking against Base Defence: Armed Station or Show of Force, a Diplomat token may be expended before the Command Phase of a round to prevent the station from attacking that round.

·         Heart-felt Appeal (Rebellion): While attacking against Base Defence: Fighter Wing, a Diplomat token may be expended before the Command Phase to prevent all extra fighters from moving or attacking for that round. Similarly, during a Hyperlane Raid, a Diplomat token may be expended before the Command Phase to prevent all non-unique fighters from attacking that round, though they may move as usual.

Repair Yards

·         During the Management Phase, each player gains an additional +5 refit points for each location with the Repair Yards strategic effect that his team controls.

·         A grand admiral may defer the regular use of a location with the Repair Yards strategic effect in order to pay the difference between two varieties of ship type in order to switch (i.e. Imperial I-class Star Destroyer to Imperial II-class Star Destroyer).

Skilled Spacers

·         At the beginning of the Battle Phase, each team gains a number of Skilled Spacers tokens equal to the number of locations that team controls with the Skilled Spacers strategic effect. These tokens can be distributed amongst the team’s players in any manner that is mutually agreeable to the team. During a battle, before the first player chooses objectives, the second player may spend a Skilled Spacers token to temporarily replace one of his fleet’s objective cards with one other objective card of the same category (and may do so multiple times by spending multiple tokens). At the end of the Battle Phase, any unused Skilled Spacers tokens are returned to the supply.  Unused Skilled Spacers tokens may be stockpiled by a team.

·         Expert Gunners, Check, Extra Ordnance, Check: While defending in Base Defence: Armed Station or Show of Force, you may expend a Skilled Spacers before during the Ship Phase to add 1 die of any colour to the Armed Station and you may reroll any number of dice during the “Resolve Attack Effects” portion of an attack.

·         Asteroid Piloting Experts: You may expend a Skilled Spacers token before you execute a maneuver to either increase the yaw value by 1 or to ignore the effects of overlapping an obstacle.

Spynet

·         At the beginning of the Battle Phase, each team gains a number of Spynet tokens equal to the number of locations that team controls with the Spynet strategic effect. These tokens can be distributed among the team’s players in any manner that is mutually agreeable to the team. During a battle, after both sides have deployed their fleets, a player may spend a Spynet token to remove one friendly ship or two friendly squadrons from the play area and redeploy them in any place allowed by the game’s objective card (and may do this multiple times by spending multiple tokens). If both players have Spynet tokens, the first player must spend all of his tokens first. At the end of the Battle Phase, any unused Spynet tokens are returned to the supply. Unused Spynet tokens may be stockpiled by a team.

·         The Local Advantage: While defending in Base Defence: Fighter Wing, you may expend a Spynet token before the Deploy Ships phase of setup to allow you to place all additional squadrons granted due to the objective card on obstacles instead of in your starting zone. No more than two squadrons may be placed on the same obstacle.

·         Strategic Information Advantage: While defending against a Show of Force, you may expend a Spynet token before the Ship Phase to allow your first station to attack before the first player activates any of their ships.