Sign in to follow this  
thestggrwng

This list is great, I just suck at flying Ghosts

Hera (VCX)

-FCS, Finn, Rey, Autoblaster, Ghost title

Sabine (attack Shuttle)

-TLT, Juke, lando, Experimental interface

Captain Rex

This list is phenomenal.  Captain Rex is a great cheap Biggs who can hang in there and really have an adverse affect on my opponent.  Sabine is a great late game piece who can reliably punch through 2 damage into most anything and is tanky as hell.  Ei off of her movement and then take a green so you can take your normal action for whatever Lando didn't give you. Wait to deploy her until she can be taking things on one on one Finally Hera hits hard with her first shot and doesn't let up.  If you can, try and stock up 2 focus befor e first engagement that way she can target lock use one focus for her first shot and use the second for when she has to K turn to get another target lock focus shot with Finn's extra Die.  This list has been running great.  All my losses with it, I see how I need to fly the ghost differently than I am.  I highly recommend it.  

On 2/2/2017 at 8:25 PM, thestggrwng said:

This list is phenomenal. 

Im forced to disagree, thats why:

Captain Rex is a great cheap Biggs who can hang in there and really have an adverse affect on my opponent.  

He is not. He is subpar in both offence and defence, and works on just 1 ship. Im very happy to pound on ghost from round 1 even at -1 dice. Thats the point of Biggs - you deny 2-3 rounds of full 100pts fire on Ghost - thats when he is most vulnerable.

Sabine is a great late game piece who can reliably punch through 2 damage into most anything and is tanky as hell.  Ei off of her movement and then take a green so you can take your normal action for whatever Lando didn't give you. Wait to deploy her until she can be taking things on one on one.

She may be good but thats 30+ points sitting for half of the game doing nothing. Thats the issue with Phantom in general - you either plan to not deploy it at all, or in worst case min-max it (ex. Ezra+Hera+LW) to keep it as cheap as possible failsafe. And here you pay 35 points for a little better Z95 :)

Finally Hera hits hard with her first shot and doesn't let up.  If you can, try and stock up 2 focus befor e first engagement that way she can target lock use one focus for her first shot and use the second for when she has to K turn to get another target lock focus shot with Finn's extra Die.  This list has been running great.  All my losses with it, I see how I need to fly the ghost differently than I am.  I highly recommend it.  

Cool but this ghost gonna go down fast :) Even Heras ability may not be enough to keep it running (its too big to arcdodge just like that).

I  think i see your idea but here but there are few flaws for me:

- shuttle for 35 points. Either you keep it docked and play 65 point list (thats bad) and undock it and play with 35points ship that will fall too fast for 35 points ship :P

-Ghost is build like you would undock it fast.

-Dont treat Rex as Biggs. Ever ;)

I like the idea. I really do. But i don't like the things i pointed.

Edited by Vitalis

It's been doing well so far.  Everyone shoots at Rex First.  and if they are not, Tie fighters at low PS are great at blocking. Which is Biggs on the cheap in my opinion.  He does all I want him to do in the list.   the shuttle is expensive but grants the extra turret shot.  That Sabine solos a lot of things because it is so token stacked that one on one it is a monster to take down.  One of my fellow Omaha players was running it without a ghost and it had two modes.  Either the opponent shot it up first with multiple shots bringing it down, or it was saved till last and was able to take everything out on it's own.  attaching it to the ghost is meant to keep it alive to the late game.  You have to chew through a ghost throwing 5 to 6 fully modified dice at you.  Hera gives me the PS advantage to make sure I get a target lock on a prime target first round of shooting.  Hera's ability is also great when chasing a lower PS ship because I can assign a green and take the optimum shot.  Kanaan is nice but this build is about offense, not weakening my opponents attacks further.  I'm not optimized multiple focuses, I'm optimized for accurate big attacks.  The higher PS is huge in this regard.  I shoot before most defenders out there and wreck their offensive actions.  

There have been games where I have not even needed to deploy Sabine because Hera hits so hard.   Undock when hera has about 1 to two more rounds in her.  get in close and take a main gun shot and an autoblaster shot.  Your opponent will be so worried about getting out of there, that they will be hard pressed to focus fire on you.  

so you pay 35 points for an extra turret shot? not worth it in my opinion. i'd go zeb with hera crew and phantom title. as for the ghost and lack of biggs issue, i'd go Kanan, abt, rey, rec spec, accuracy corrector, tac jammer and ghost title. and then you get biggs with r2-d2 and integrated astromech for a total of 97 points (could fit abt on phantom) and you get a more survivable biggs (+1 evade from tac jammer, r2 regen and IA for last legs) and a phantom who dishes out 4 damage at range 1 using two focus a turn to reduce two enemy shots by 1 dice.

Yeah, I have to agree with the majority here. The Attack Shuttle is best used at its minimum value (18) to add the rear firing arc and extra turret shot. It can be undocked later and be a nuisance for a depleted enemy fleet.  And I don't care for the Autoblaster turret because it so rarely gets used to its fullest potential with the shuttle docked. It would be quite a rookie mistake to get caught range 1 with that combo when it's just as easy to fire at the Ghost from 2-3 range.

All that being said, if it's working for you, good. I don't see how, but always stick with what works.

Your opponents aren't playing the Ghost right if you're chasing after them in it. The Ghost will almost always be the largest point cost in a list, making it an obvious "deal with this first" target. Because once it's gone, you don't have enough firepower to do much of anything