Sign in to follow this  
SolennelBern

What is your favorite AO gameplay and fun wise?

really depends for me...I've been playing a lot of Dreamlands and Hypnos is great (if not a bit easy)...that's with using the expansion stuff of course.

other ones I like

Hastur (although the Blights are tough)

Abhoth (probably my favourite)

Cthulhu & Shub are the 2 where their theme best carries over into mechanics (waves of madness and monsters overrunning).

I like how Yig encourages you to actually visit expeditions.

i love them all, and i think the theme carries.

i have a special place in my heart for being locked in during a snowstorm and facing off against Ithaqua with the starting "Windwalker" rumor in play.

the hypothermia, the snow falling in the background and sound of wind ripping across my deck gave all four of us the feeling that we were literally fighting against eternal winter, and then he woke up and it became a reality.

On 2.02.2017 at 6:30 PM, SolennelBern said:

Quick question to you guys, what is your favorite Ancient One thematically speaking? The one that always delivers a fun and immersive game experience?

Hands down Yog-Sothoth. The most "otherworldy" and strange from all GOO. Also this whole feeling of New England investigation, and goal of one of the Mysteries (spoilers) is to kill the monster from Dunwich Horror.

I love it!