Toqtamish

Expansions announced

8 minutes ago, TheBoulder said:

Canada... and our dollar is NOT helping.

Canada's a big place, though I've been meaning to visit Toronto... and I love the time I've sent in Montreal...  

2 hours ago, Elrad said:

Oh by the way, does anyone from continental Europe know of good online gameshops ? I mean, I usually buy from a french shop very interesting, but they won't open preorder before the american release so... I've checked the Uk's online shops but the shipping costs will kill the fews bucks spared on their game prices.

On the plus side with our pound doing so terribly given the current political situation you'll soon be able to buy the core set from the UK for 5 euros.

On 31/1/2017 at 6:10 AM, Oloh said:

Mis conjeturas:

RWM01           Core Set (Daqan / Waiqar)
RWM02           dados Paquete

RWM03           Oathsworn caballería 
RWM04          
[Lanceros]
RWM05           Daqan Comando
RWM06          
[Rune Golem]
RWM07           [Montado y héroe sin montar se muestra en GenCon]

RWM08           Reanimar arqueros 
RWM09          
[reanima]
RWM10           Waiqar Comando  
RWM11           
[Carrion jinete ] RWM12 [Montada y héroe sin montar muestra en GenCon]

RWM07 is  Lord Hawthorne  and RWM12 is  Lord Vorakesh

--- http://heroesdeterrinoth.blogspot.com.es/ Blog in Spanish RuneWars ---

6 hours ago, maul said:

RWM07 is  Lord Hawthorne  and RWM12 is  Lord Vorakesh

Just to confirm a FFG rep did specifically state that the mounted and unmounted hero was indeed Lord Vorakesh.

At about 11 min 20 sec. Then at 12min 45 sec he confirms that the Daqan hero is Lord Hawthorne.

Edited by Muz333

The Lord Hawethorne model was sort of a no brainer.  The model already exists as a hero in Descent in much the same way that the Ardus Ix'Erebus model already exists as a villain in Descent.

I'm assuming future "spoiled images" will be easy to identify by lining them up against Descent counterparts.  Why reinvent the wheel when you have existing models to pick from?

2 minutes ago, KrisWall said:

The Lord Hawethorne model was sort of a no brainer.  The model already exists as a hero in Descent in much the same way that the Ardus Ix'Erebus model already exists as a villain in Descent.

I'm assuming future "spoiled images" will be easy to identify by lining them up against Descent counterparts.  Why reinvent the wheel when you have existing models to pick from?

It seemed like a no brainer but I don't think anyone else confirmed this from FFG.

I think I forget how much Descent I've played.  I'm able to immediately recognize some of the models.  I also have a list of "future models" in my head for Waiqar the Undying.  Maybe I'll put my thoughts together tonight and make a list with pictures.

Edited by KrisWall

Please let me know if I have the wrong terminology, but here are the cards I could decipher from yesterday's announcement.

Tempered Steel ("armor upgrade" but not sure of the name yet)
Cost: 3
Melee Attack or Ranged Attack: [surge] Exhaust this card to add [hit].
Included in the Reanimate Archers expansion pack.

Flank Guards ("tri-weave upgrade")
Cost: 5
While you are defending, enemy units do not add an extra die for flanking you.
Included in the Daqan Infantry Command expansion pack.

Fortune's Dice ("amulet? artifact? upgrade") [I think the squiggly underline beneath the name might mean it is unique, so you can only include one in your army.]
Cost: 6
Melee Attack or Ranged Attack: Exhaust this card to change one die to a face of your choice.
Included in the Daqan Infantry Command expansion pack and Waiqar Infantry Command expansion pack.

Artifact Bearer ("hero upgrade")
Hero figure only; Daqan only; Infantry only
Cost: 4
Armor: 3
Health: 2
Add [artifact?] to this unit's available upgrades. When this figure is defeated, discard 1 [artifact?] upgrade that is equipped to this unit.
Included in the Daqan Infantry Command expansion pack.

Moment of Inspiration ("tri-weave" upgrade)
Cost: 5
Melee Attack: You may exhaust this card to add 1 white die.
Included in the Oathsworn Cavalry expansion pack.

Mistlands Saboteur ("hero upgrade")
Hero figure only; Waiqar only; Infantry only
Cost: 6
Armor: 2
Health: 1
Skill: Discard 1 non-figure upgrade card from an enemy engaged with you.
Included in the Waiqar Infantry Command expansion pack.

Edited by Budgernaut
Added "Sboteur" to Mistlands hero.

I'm asking myself is if it wouldn't be interesting to centralize all the informations and compilations you guys made ? I think of course about the wiki that is already online but yet to be filled with this kind of info. I mean, the forum is nice but we have scroll back and forth to find your jewels of information so, dunno if we could not centralize it like I said.

BTW, I'm happy to see the hype has somehow revived and I find myself refreshed in my wish to delve into this game. I do hope that they will include a campaign book. Descent was so great thanks to that and as we're talking about the fluff book they plan to do here and there, a campaign book with fluff info would clearly be an addition. But maybe Battlelore has did it already in its time ?

3 minutes ago, Elrad said:

I'm asking myself is if it wouldn't be interesting to centralize all the informations and compilations you guys made ? I think of course about the wiki that is already online but yet to be filled with this kind of info. I mean, the forum is nice but we have scroll back and forth to find your jewels of information so, dunno if we could not centralize it like I said.

BTW, I'm happy to see the hype has somehow revived and I find myself refreshed in my wish to delve into this game. I do hope that they will include a campaign book. Descent was so great thanks to that and as we're talking about the fluff book they plan to do here and there, a campaign book with fluff info would clearly be an addition. But maybe Battlelore has did it already in its time ?

I was originally writing this on the wiki thread in hopes of getting it transferred there, but I don't know what the best format is for getting that putting that information on the wiki. I think we need to learn what all the upgrades are called before we can start putting these on the wiki pages.

Edited by Budgernaut

I had wrote Moment of Inspiration and Exhaust on my pad. 
Some of the others I have is:
The Reanimate banner increases something by 1. Perhaps charging
The Waiqar Drummer  is  4 armor 1 hit 3 or 5 points and does something with panic effects.
The Daqan banner is  1 armor 1 hit maybe 2 points for steadfast fear
The Daqan Hornsman is 1 armor 1 hit and does something with a rune color for 1, maybe a heal?

to have taken the train on march (is it said in english ?), I must say that I didn't pay any attention to this game before, let's say... well my first post on this forum maybe. That's an habit of mines, I have my moments when i am hyped and then active on these forums (for a game or another) then I leave it aside for a while and then return when everybody has moved up in mastering the said game... well maybe time for me to change my mind and keeping myself up to date instead of sprinting and then abandon the rest of the race.

21 minutes ago, Elrad said:

to have taken the train on march (is it said in english ?), I must say that I didn't pay any attention to this game before, let's say... well my first post on this forum maybe. That's an habit of mines, I have my moments when i am hyped and then active on these forums (for a game or another) then I leave it aside for a while and then return when everybody has moved up in mastering the said game... well maybe time for me to change my mind and keeping myself up to date instead of sprinting and then abandon the rest of the race.

The american equivalent is it took us by storm. Hopefully the storm will last until release and beyond.

1 hour ago, Psykostevo said:

This game seems like it just came out of nowhere and got exciting all sorts of fast.

Ugh.  I've been painfully waiting for the game for what seems like forever with very little information.  The new flood is most welcome, though.  Getting me even more excited.

3 minutes ago, S0L said:

So the expansions just hit the upcoming page a day the price is now $24.95 each

That's an ... odd change. But a welcome one! With the amount of figures we'll be buying, those $5 would add up over time. I wonder if it was a response to people online, or if it was a legitimate mistake, like some miscommunication between the retail section and webmaster.

Hum... this is becoming interesting now :). instead of 60$, you'll pay 50... ... well I guess it becomes really affordable ! But I'm wondering how 50$ for command units can become interesting. I just trully hope that they have given a full gameplay interest into those 4 pales who are gonna play music for the dummies, playing the heroes while shouting stupidities all along during the battle and holding a banner to be sure noone in the army lose his way to the frontline (as if it was needed... the cries for mercy coming from the raging close combats are enough to me to know where to run away from it :D)

Edited by Elrad