Sign in to follow this  
Eye of Thokem

Han First Shot

I feel nothing in regards to this movie.  

I would SOO much rather Han Solo simply be a mysterious rogue.   I really don't need to see him win the Falcon, Make the Kessel Run, or Save Chewie.   

In fact I'd much rather a Star Wars movie about someone who's fate we do NOT already know.  

9 hours ago, Crabbok said:

I would SOO much rather Han Solo simply be a mysterious rogue.   I really don't need to see him win the Falcon, Make the Kessel Run, or Save Chewie.   

In fact I'd much rather a Star Wars movie about someone who's fate we do NOT already know.  

Weird! I actually agree with you about that.

I'm still excited by more Star Wars, but I don't want Han suffering the same fate as the Prequels.

I am sceptical. Rogue One had a great premise, this one? I honestly don't know what story they should tell here. And then you need to find someone that can do Harrison Ford justice...

I do hope that when it comes out people will be as excited as with R1, then I'll go see it, too, but for now this isn't one I'll go to the cinema for.

18 hours ago, Eye of Thokem said:

Filming has started on the new Han Solo movie!

It's working title is apparently Star Wars: Red Cup which seems odd but what do I know. Might have some meaning to it, or it could change in time. It's only the first day.

The important point is MORE STAR WARS woohoo!

That's actually pretty clever... Solo Cups

There is a red cup in the Lego version of the falcon... its just there for no reason.   So it's a double meaning.  

Also - even being skeptical about this movie and feeling nothing - it's still Star Wars and I'll Still go and see it.   

But nothing compares to the Saga films.   The Unknown.   The FUTURE!   That's all I really care about.   Rogue One was awesome but it's in the past.  

On 31/01/2017 at 10:41 AM, Crabbok said:

100% Completely agree. I've said it 1000 times so I won't repeat myself.

Except to say, Han (like Boba Fett) are more interesting off-screen.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 0:32 PM, Crabbok said:

Also - even being skeptical about this movie and feeling nothing - it's still Star Wars and I'll Still go and see it.   

This^.  I expect with Disney we'll get good films, and we'll get bad films, but anything will beat the heck out of the films from 1983-1998.

I also agree that seeing the story of a more minor character (like Lando) or Obi-Wan's trials in hiding on Tatooine (because I would like to see Ewan McGregor get a chance to do the role some justice), or any new character would be better that tromping down the lanes of the Big Three (Han, Luke, Leia).

One of the things I like the most about Rogue One was almost everybody was new!

On 06/02/2017 at 7:08 PM, Richard_Thomas_ said:

C'mon guys. Lucasfilm have got this. Everything I've seen of and from them over the last few years tells me this is in great hands. Star Wars is now being made by and for fans. It will be great. 

100% agree.

But it's such a large and wondrous universe .. surely there are other, more interesting stories we can explore.

Like what though? While I'd be super excited to watch or read anything 'new' to do with the Star Wars Universe, I'm certainly far more interested in experiencing the backstory of characters I've loved for almost 40 years than I am characters I'm yet to know. 

Don't get me wrong. I definitely want both old and new characters, but when they are interesting stories left to tell about the main characters then for me, that's a priority. 

On 2/4/2017 at 5:13 PM, Darth Meanie said:

This^.  I expect with Disney we'll get good films, and we'll get bad films, but anything will beat the heck out of the films from 1983-2005.

I also agree that seeing the story of a more minor character (like Lando) or Obi-Wan's trials in hiding on Tatooine (because I would like to see Ewan McGregor get a chance to do the role some justice), or any new character would be better that tromping down the lanes of the Big Three (Han, Luke, Leia).

One of the things I like the most about Rogue One was almost everybody was new!

FTFY