DefyTheOdds

Dystopian Mistborn style PbP (Players Set)

9 hours ago, Simon Retold said:

No. He wasn't a member of the warrior class on Phatrong.

I'm interested in how you managed these. *chuckles* Especially that energy bow for only 200cr.

9 hours ago, DefyTheOdds said:

I was having the same issue with your gear Avalon, I messaged you about it, but this is a sort of reminder. I'm perfectly fine with you eventually getting these items, but not starting off with them. 

ARRRGGG! Sorry thought I changed that, I'll fix it. It was supposed to be a blaster rifle. 

I should be making the OOC post soon. What I would like you guys to all think about is

• How you came to be on Coruscant? (I know most of you already put that into your backstories)
  • How you come to find yourself if a crew of potentially rebellious individuals? 
    • YOU DO NOT HAVE TO START OFF WITH THE GROUP! I am perfectly fine starting off with 2 or 3 different story lines that converge and then the whole group takes off. Just let me know so we can work around that
  • Do you want to work with any of the characters the other players have created?
    • Either in the aforementioned side story before we all meet up, or just the recent past so I know you guys have history. 
  • What do you want your group resource to be?
    • I'm leaning heavily on base, but ultimately up to you guys. I turned a pilot or two because I didn't see a real need for them.
  • What do you think you're role on the team will be?
    • More our of curosity
  • Have you read Mistborn?
    • I know StarKid51 has, and he will see a lot similarities. I would like to know if he is the only one so I can keep as many twists and turns to myself as I can

• Remember...
    • ...there is always another secret...

1 hour ago, DefyTheOdds said:

I should be making the OOC post soon. What I would like you guys to all think about is

• How you came to be on Coruscant? (I know most of you already put that into your backstories)

Coruscant was an obvious choice for someone on the run. After all, where better for a Kyuzo hide in plain sight than the undercity slums of the First World?

• How you come to find yourself if a crew of potentially rebellious individuals? 
    • YOU DO NOT HAVE TO START OFF WITH THE GROUP! I am perfectly fine starting off with 2 or 3 different story lines that converge and then the whole group takes off. Just let me know so we can work around that

Kimbo isn't a fan of the Empire, but he doesn't hate it, either - at least not like most members of the Rebellion do. Truth is, he's just liable to join up with a crew for a sense of belonging, to be part of something. While he can be a bit of a loner, he still needs connection with others.

• Do you want to work with any of the characters the other players have created?
    • Either in the aforementioned side story before we all meet up, or just the recent past so I know you guys have history. 

Kimbo wasn't in a clovoc, so I can't see him having known the other Kyuzo in the group, especially since it seems Embal was on Mandalore (I think... though I'm still not sure how he was in a Kyuzo clovoc and a Mandalorian clan at the same time). That doesn't mean he couldn't have met him - or any of the others, of course - more recently. I'm all for having us all together at the beginning. It makes the game run more smoothly, sometimes.

• I'm leaning heavily on base, but ultimately up to you guys. I turned a pilot or two because I didn't see a real need for them.

A base is fine with me, though eventually we'll want to get off Coruscant and travel a bit, I'm sure.

• More our of curosity

Probably "moral compass." Think of Kimbo as an amalgamation of Malcolm Reynolds and Shepherd Book from Firefly. He believes there is a right way to do things.

• I know StarKid51 has, and he will see a lot similarities. I would like to know if he is the only one so I can keep as many twists and turns to myself as I can

Not yet. I've been checking all the used bookstores in town for a copy, but haven't yet located one. If I can't find one by next weekend, I'll order it from Amazon.

• Remember...

Indeed.

I have to say, I appreciate the fact your that you're addressing every bullet point. I also

2 hours ago, Simon Retold said:

Not yet. I've been checking all the used bookstores in town for a copy, but haven't yet located one. If I can't find one by next weekend, I'll order it from Amazon.

By no means do you need to buy the book, its just comes HIGHLY recommended from one super nerd to another (I assume this will be safe to say :) )

Edited by DefyTheOdds

2 hours ago, DefyTheOdds said:

I have to say, I appreciate the fact your that you're addressing every bullet point. I also

By no means do you need to buy the book, its just comes HIGHLY recommended from one super nerd to another (I assume this will be safe to say :) )

It's actually been on my need to read list for a while now. I just never got around to it.

28 minutes ago, Simon Retold said:

It's actually been on my need to read list for a while now. I just never got around to it.

Well now might be the perfect time to start reading it lol

I have added Erza to the first post. 

I KNOW THAT HE IS OVERPOWERED! I do not intend for him to see conflict or much of the action. He is supposed to be more of an NPC and he is more involved in the bigger picture and needs to have have this caliber of starting stats. I am not trying to abuse my power, I promise. I don't intend to use him as my own personal juggernaut or anything. 

On 2/5/2017 at 8:40 AM, DefyTheOdds said:

• More our of curosity

• Remember...

1- See backstory

2-He's been looking for some assitence. Bounty Hunting is dangerous after all.

3-Not really, he might know of Kimbo, but probably has never met him.

4-I'm up for anything, we have two people who will be decent at piloting due to high agility values (Embal and Kimbo) but a base would be nice as it would let me get a little more gear aas I spent most of my starting credits on weapons and armor.

5-Group mechanic/fighter.

6-Nope. Though it sounds interesting and I'll probably look into it.

7-For some reason I see you steepling your fingers when I read that.

On 2/5/2017 at 10:14 AM, Simon Retold said:

Kimbo wasn't in a clovoc, so I can't see him having known the other Kyuzo in the group, especially since it seems Embal was on Mandalore (I think... though I'm still not sure how he was in a Kyuzo clovoc and a Mandalorian clan at the same time).

He ditched the Clan after it died out. Then decided to join a Clovoc.

I'm all for starting this, but many of the people haven't responded yet and I frankly haven't had the time to make the appropriate posts. I'm trying to change jobs at the moment so I've spent a lot of extra time trying to apply for jobs and follow up with recruiters and what not

On Sun Feb 05 2017 at 9:40 AM, DefyTheOdds said:

• More our of curosity

• Remember...

The only reason I would be on the planet is running from the empire. They don't know of my existence just yet but I'm not taking any chances.

Still thinking about the other bullets because doing this from my phone is a big of a hassle is it is.

On 2/5/2017 at 9:40 AM, DefyTheOdds said:

• More our of curosity

• Remember...

I came to Coruscant as a stop off for my next job.

I'm not really with a crew, just blame the empire for the loss of some loved ones. 

I work alone mostly, but will work with a crew when needed. 

I do have a list of old mercenary contacts, not sure how many are still valid though. Been out of the game for some time. 

My role will be the smash heads first, ask questions later brute. 

I have not read that book. 

• More our of curosity

• Remember...

Vooz Muglin is from coruscant, but new to the undercity. Not from the topmost level for sure, somewhere in the middle. His work would bring him up to the top level, however, back when he was a gainfully employed journalist. 

Vooz drifted to The Kandra's Kiss to find some juicy secrets to sell. He's been hanging around for a while, and has done some investigative work here and there for Erza and some of the regulars. He's not afraid to get his hands dirty, and that's appreciated down here.

I'd be happy to join up with somebody else retroactively, if anybody has any ideas. 

Looks like the group resource is already chosen. 

Noncombat usefullness, especially related to investigating, surveillance, and the like. We'll see how that evolves. 

I haven't read mistborn. 

• More our of curosity

• Remember...

> On the run from a battalion of troopers

>has not been found yet

>My guy will work with whoever wants to kill troopers more (its more fun)

>Close and long ranged combat

>Part of the "killing" party

>Mistborn?