DefyTheOdds

Dystopian Mistborn style PbP (Players Set)

A little clarification for those that have posted. I personally know and am really good friends with RunJohnnRun845 and StarKid51. Both of them have been GM's for A Study In Idiocy with myself, and I see them at regular intervals. They may be new to the forums, but I can always whip them into posts, so have no worries guys. 

I've received a few messages from interested parties and I'm going to review the characters and pick the ones I think will work best with the story. Not necessarily be the most successful mind you, just best suited to my....plans :)

22 hours ago, avalon rises said:

I approve. I will add him to the first post. 

18 hours ago, The Shy Ion said:

I have an idea for a character who ran away from the AgriCorps, but I don't know if that fits with what you have planned. I have some other ideas too, so don't worry there.

Whatever you want to do Ion, I'm sure I can work with it. 

9 hours ago, No:12 said:

Oh quick question before I fill in all the bits, what extra obligation limits are we working with? Six players so I'm guessing +5 to +10?....

It looks like are having at least 6 players, so we are going have a total obligation of at least 30. I'm going to set the maximum to +10 obligation. *NOTE* A Study In Idiocy does not use the obligation mechanic and this is my first time actually using it. I will likely mess it up. But I have read up on a bunch of other topics where people were unsure and I will do my best. 

7 hours ago, Simon Retold said:

I assume normal starting credits? (500)

Yes, plus whatever pocket sand change you have. (Per a 1d100 roll)

19 hours ago, The Shy Ion said:

I have an idea for a character who ran away from the AgriCorps, but I don't know if that fits with what you have planned. I have some other ideas too, so don't worry there.

Ion, can you give me a direction on the type of role you would like your character to play. At this point, pick whatever you want. There are a few people vying for the last slot (I don't want to expand the roster too far but I will if I see it as being well suited) and I want to pick the one that will round things out the best. StarKid51 has said that he intends to make a "noble with high charisma that makes his money with black market deals" so I'm leaning towards him being the face. 

Im thinking trandoshan, named Skauge.  Still working on his back story and personality.  I still want him to be a hunting enthusiast like the rest of his race but with a darker twist. Like he would actively hunt stray storm troopers and collect more then there blasters.  He would bleed them out and smear there own blood on there armor.  He would be a Myth to troopers  scene he does it secretly and rarely, usually a scary story to tell noobs in the ranks.  He would earn the nick name "Red Painter".

still a work in progress so let me know what you think so far.

6 hours ago, DefyTheOdds said:

Ion, can you give me a direction on the type of role you would like your character to play. At this point, pick whatever you want. There are a few people vying for the last slot (I don't want to expand the roster too far but I will if I see it as being well suited) and I want to pick the one that will round things out the best. StarKid51 has said that he intends to make a "noble with high charisma that makes his money with black market deals" so I'm leaning towards him being the face. 

I was actually thinking of a Colonist/Politico, since that's the most "diplomatic sort" career/spec in EoTE. Though Colonist/Scholar could also work quite well for the AgriCorps runaway idea.

14 hours ago, TheBigTspot said:

Im thinking trandoshan, named Skauge.  Still working on his back story and personality.  I still want him to be a hunting enthusiast like the rest of his race but with a darker twist. Like he would actively hunt stray storm troopers and collect more then there blasters.  He would bleed them out and smear there own blood on there armor.  He would be a Myth to troopers  scene he does it secretly and rarely, usually a scary story to tell noobs in the ranks.  He would earn the nick name "Red Painter".

still a work in progress so let me know what you think so far.

I feel like this is a bit darker than we typically see around here but I'm a big fan haha

Is there still an open spot? I'd love to play, lots of experience with the system, but it'd be my first pbp. 

I'd like to use the new skip tracer specialization to make an investigative journalist. 

Edited by politicfish

5 hours ago, politicfish said:

Is there still an open spot? I'd love to play, lots of experience with the system, but it'd be my first pbp. 

I'd like to use the new skip tracer specialization to make an investigative journalist. 

Ah man, there are just too many people with cool ideas for characters. Please send me a quick description of the character. I'm closing "applications"

Ok, I've decided upon my players/characters and I will be updating the top post to reflect it. I will be messaging the players that I didn't pick with reasons why. 

To all 'accepted' I will be making the OOC thread shortly with information in the first posts or two and then I will be posing you guys a few questions along with more detailed descriptions of your characters and motivations (some of you, some of you guys provided with very well rounded characters)

The name of the campaign will be Edge of the Final Empire, be on the look out!

eh don't worry, I'll message all of you anyway :)

Edited by DefyTheOdds

2 minutes ago, TheBigTspot said:

ok nevermind that!

lol do what you want, I was more just joking about it. 

Disclaimer: I had to employ some nepotism. TheBigTSpot is my brother-in-law. He was originally in our in-person RP and had to leave because of changing jobs and he's been hanging out to any snippets of our IRL campaign because he really misses it. I needed to include him in this. 

4 minutes ago, TheBigTspot said:

Well I want to use a dashade because I didn't know what it was doing with the last one.  However I don't know much about them to make a story so I think I'll stick with Trandoshan

Play the transdoshan like you planned. I liked him, dark and brutal as hell. Stick to you guns, and I will work it wonderfully into the story. 

To all those who don't know my playing style...have fun :lol: